Obfuscator Method

Hi everyone,

I'm new to autoit and programming languages ​​in general, so the first time i have check is:

How can i make my compiled .exe hard to read/reverse?

The first answer is:

>Obfuscator (make your script hard to read)

I have say "cool" for the first 3 minute, all the variable, string, function will be reneamed / convert so if some lamer want to read my executable need to know reverse engineering, assembly or things like that, not the first one can do it...but i'm totally wrong

There are not one, but TWO tools ( i have found two but maybe there are more, made in native language = autoit ) can decompile from an obfuscated / UPX compressed .exe the source code in a few second with two clicks, with stripping UDF, reneame variable etc. pratically like your .au3, you don't need knowledge, also a baby can do it.

I had not been able to believe my eyes, pratically obfuscating the script or not make no difference, lamer welcome.

I have forget to say that this "tools" work also with the lastest stable version ( i don't have test the beta but i think is the same ). I'm not inventing anything, i'm not here to lose dev's time

Since I do not want to break any rules here, do not ask:

The name of this tools, I do not want to advertise this method, i want exactly the opposite. An update of Obfuscator for make this tools useless.

If you are a dev-mod-mpv and you what to know the names of this tools for understand how they work and take action for make this things useless send me a pm, other people don't loose time, i'll repeat: I don't want to advertise nothing and help you for steal other work.

If a dev-mod-mpv don't trust me ( and if this don't break any rules ) just post a test .exe obfuscated, i'll post the source in a few minute. I'm not a magician, i'm not a reverser, pratically i'm a noob can click two time on a script.

I hope this post can help dev's to improve obfuscator and make that tools useless

Good work

Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength

• Moderators

Terenz,

Of course we know all about it. ;)

As for wasting our time, did you not read the Forum rules? Which part of:

"Do not ask for help with AutoIt scripts, post links to, or start discussion topics on the following subjects:

[...]

Decompilation of AutoIt scripts or details of decompiler software"

is unclear? Why even start a thread that you know will be closed and ask a question that has already been answered hundreds of times if you bothered to search the forum. :naughty:

Just to reiterate for the Nth time: AutoIt is not,and never will be secure, but neither will any other language - but being interpreted AutoIt is particularly easy to hack. All you can do is make it harder for the hacker to get at your code - Obfuscator is a help, but not the solution. :(

And never mention decompiling on the forum again. :naughty:

M23

P.S. And as for devleopment of Obfuscator - it is likely that it will do even less in future, just stripping and shortening with no actual encryption at all. Why maintain something that - as you have found - can be easily bypassed? ;)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area