[Question] select an element in a list

Hi everyone,

I am new to Autoit, please help me to think about the script to do the following action. Thank you!

Given the following image,

image.png

I want to select (a left click) the file with the Filename ='xampp_start.exe' in the list of a software, how can I design a script to do this action?? The position of the file 'xampp_start.exe' in the list may be changed, I want to select it based on the given file name, instead of using TAB, DOWN, DOWN command.

Ignore the below... A real example would be much better, considering that could dramatically change what you have to do -.-....

Kinda just shooting in the dark eh?

What are you looking to do after the file is selected? 

Either

A: big_daddy nailed it...

or

B: You are only using FTP because the files are on a remote server, and this lets you view them. Though, judging by it being Xampp in the first place... I assume this is a local directory, which again causes me to question the use of FTP. 

I only ask because by reading a little between the lines, I don't think automating FTP or the FTP udf are really what you need... I just don't know what it exactly that your doing to go any further with that train of though :S. 

Edited by Andreu

Thanks for reply.

Currently I don't have the software installed on my pc, let me just ask another question to simplify the problem. (maybe?)

image.png

Given the above image, I want to select the element with the text ='misc' in the listbox, what is the script for me to do the action?

ControlCommand ( "title", "text", controlID, "SetCurrentSelection" , occurrence )

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.