Basic If...Else...EndIf that make my head spin fast

Go to solution Solved by DW1,

Ok, roger that. Thanks again! :)

Sure thing. See what I mean below.

Eval, Assign and IsDeclared should be used sparingly in my humble opinion.

Agreed, just seemed fitting, but putting them in to an array would be a better solution.

;Start with $condition = True until proven false
Local $condition = True
;We will use $bBlank to track if there has been a blank value (since any non blank following a blank makes $condition = False)
Local $bBlank = False
;Declase our $akey array var
Local $akey[6] = [$key1, $key2, $key3, $key4, $key5, $key6]
;Loop through the 6 keys (0 based array, so 0 to 5)
For $i = 0 To 5
    ConsoleWrite($akey[$i] & @CRLF)
    ;If the key is blank then...
    If $akey[$i] = "" Then
        ;Record that we found a blank (we can check against this later)
        $bBlank = True
        ;If we found a blank and it is the first key, we set condition to false and exit the loop (no more checks)
        If $i = 0 Then
            ;Set condition to false
            $condition = False
            ;Exit the loop (no more checks)
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    ;If the key is NOT blank then...
    Else
        ;Check to see if we have seen a blank before (if so, we have a "jump" as you put it, and will set condition to false and exitloop).  Also checking if the file doesn't exist for this key (and if it doesn't set to false and exitloop)
        If $bBlank = True Or Not FileExists($akey[$i]) Then
            ;Set condition to false
            $condition = False
            ;Exit the loop (no more checks)
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next
MsgBox(0, 'test', $condition)

Thanks danwilli for being patient with me.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Basically, the first is turning some text into a variable name, whereas the second is assigning some text to a variable. Two very different things. Very much (for simplicity's sake) like one being a container, the other the content.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png