10.2.58.83,denmark1,PROD,CORP
10.2.90.98,denmark2,PROD,CORP
10.2.90.99,denmark3,PROD,CORP
10.2.90.120,denmark4,PROD,CORP
10.2.91.82,denmark5,PROD,CORP
10.2.59.82,denmark6,PROD,CORP
10.2.91.98,denmark7,PROD,CORP
10.2.91.99,denmark8,PROD,CORP

We are trying to automate "Putty" session creation using autoit & Putty_Portable (

Template Sample..

WinTitle\DYNAMIC_PUTTY_TITLE\
LogType\0\
LogFileName\putty.log\
HostName\DYNAMIC_HOSTNAME_IP\

Is there a ready-made script for such csv "Config" file lookup and string replacement?

Cheers

Edited by getk

I use the following >script to read a CSV file into a 2D array. It should then be easy to create the output files.

Another idea would be to use PLINK (a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends). You will find a few examples how to use PLINK on this forum.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I use the following >script to read a CSV file into a 2D array. It should then be easy to create the output files.

Another idea would be to use PLINK (a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends). You will find a few examples how to use PLINK on this forum.

Thanks water.  I will also use the above logic.

can we find/replace string in a file with multiple arrays at a time or have to do one string and then loop through the entire file multiple times?

Does the template change often so it needs to be saved in a file or is it possible to have the lines of the template "stored" in the script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Does the template change often so it needs to be saved in a file or is it possible to have the lines of the template "stored" in the script?

Template should remain the same.

But each template has around 200+ lines

• Solution

The following script reads the config file Config.txt, replaces the data in Template.txt and writes a chagned template for every entry in the config file to Output.txt:

#include <File.au3>
Global $aConfig, $aTemplate, $aValues, $sOutput
; Read config file
_FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir & "\Config.txt", $aConfig)
; Read template file
_FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir & "\template.txt", $aTemplate)
; Open output file
$hOutput = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\Output.txt", 2)
For $i = 2 To $aConfig[0]
    $aValues = StringSplit($aConfig[$i], ",")
    For $j = 1 To $aTemplate[0]
        $sOutput = StringReplace($aTemplate[$j], "\DYNAMIC_PUTTY_TITLE\", "\" & $aValues[2] & "\") ; ServerHostName
        $sOutput = StringReplace($sOutput, "\DYNAMIC_HOSTNAME_IP\", "\" & $aValues[1] & "\") ; IPAddress
        ; more replacements to fill in here
        FileWriteLine($hOutput, $sOutput)
    Next
Next
FileClose($hOutput)

Is this what you need?

Config.txt

Template.txt

Output.txt

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The following script reads the config file Config.txt, replaces the data in Template.txt and writes a chagned template for every entry in the config file to Output.txt:

@water, much appreciated for your quick reply. I will have a check and get back to you.. 

#include <File.au3>
Global $aConfig, $aTemplate, $aValues, $sOutput, $outDirectory, $tempVarHostName
; Read config file
_FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir & "\Config.txt", $aConfig)
; Read template file
_FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir & "\template.txt", $aTemplate)

; Open output file per item in Config File
$outDirectory = "C:\Rough\PuttyList"

For $i = 2 To $aConfig[0]     
    $aValues = StringSplit($aConfig[$i], ",")    
    $tempVarHostName = $aValues[2]
    $hOutput = FileOpen($outDirectory  & "\" & $tempVarHostName & ".txt", 2)
     For $j = 1 To $aTemplate[0]
         $sOutput = StringReplace($aTemplate[$j], "\DYNAMIC_PUTTY_TITLE\", "\" & $tempVarHostName & "\")  ; ServerHostName         
         $sOutput = StringReplace($sOutput, "\DYNAMIC_HOSTNAME_IP\", "\" & $aValues[1] & "\")  ; IPAddress         
         ; more replacements to fill in here         
         FileWriteLine($hOutput, $sOutput)     
     Next
    FileClose($hOutput)
 Next

@water,  I just modified your script slightly, so that each iterations create individual output files.

Again, your logic worked absolutely great and special thanks for your solution.  Great help

Glad this little script solved your "problem" :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki