Kill Process

Hi Lauro,

Your screenshot is not in English. Since this is an English forum, would you mind translating it for us?

A lot of the time, Windows will kick up a fuss that you can't quit certain processes. You can, but I'm dubious as to why you want to exit winlogon or disabling Anti Virus? Kaspersky for instance will alert the user if another process tries to exit it.

Cheers :)

• Moderators

Lauro,

Your script works fine on my machine - do you have some form of HIPS which prevents AutoIt from certain actions? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Lauro,

Your screenshot is not in English. Since this is an English forum, would you mind translating it for us?

A lot of the time, Windows will kick up a fuss that you can't quit certain processes. You can, but I'm dubious as to why you want to exit winlogon or disabling Anti Virus? Kaspersky for instance will alert the user if another process tries to exit it.

Cheers :)

good an example as we kill Kaspersky el process by code? When I try to kill it returns the message access denied

Lauro,

Your script works fine on my machine - do you have some form of HIPS which prevents AutoIt from certain actions? :huh:

M23

well it works fine with me calc more commo eg Avast, Kaspersky does not fall gives access denied for reasons I think it is permission to increase the permission of the soft and then immediately kill them

• Moderators

Lauro,

Why are you trying to kill the AV process? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Kaspersky and other AV software has self-protection so that malware cannot easily kill their important processes. Otherwise, it would not be very effective. There are ways to kill the processes, though they are not trivial, but I won't discuss them here. Your best bet is to use a batch file or vbscript to disable your AV before compiling/running your script. Or perhaps choose a less intrusive AV such as MSE.

• Moderators

Lauro,

I am still waiting for an answer - if you want help I suggest you provide one. ;)

blckpythn,

I am well aware of the legitimate requirements for disabling AV software. But any help offered to the OP is equally available to those whose intentions are, shall we say, less honest. Thus I am trying to determine exactly why AV process termination is required so as to offer more focused advice on how the OP might get around whatever problem he is having. ;)

0xdefea7,

Thank you for not going into details. :thumbsup:

M23

Spoiler

the non-legitimate way would be to kill the AV process. you are unlikely to get any help with that in this forum, as this violate forum rules, your AV program EULA, and your organization policy.

the legitimate way would be to use the AV program built-in option to temporary suspend it, something like this:

post-47848-0-77864600-1373489227_thumb.p

note that this usually requires 1) the user being a local administrator, 2) suspend is allowed by organization policy, or 3) both of the above.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

• Moderators

Lauro,

orbs has now given you exactly the advice I would have offered - if you had bothered to reply to my question. So I see little point in this thread remaining open as you are certainly not going to get help to permanently kill an AV process, regardless of your intentions or need. :naughty:

M23

Spoiler