Creating a Program

Hi all,

I've been using AutoIt for a while now and have typically just double clicked on .au3 files to open them or I compile them to .exe files.

Most of my programming as been web based automation for work.

I figured out a solution to a common problem with Adobe Photoshop. (I created an automation to rotate the brush degree)

I would like to package this out to give out to other users.

Do other PC users need to have AutoIt installed on their computer if I compile an .exe file?

Also I have another question.

Is this something I should sell?

If I did I would gladly donate some of the profit to this site, but should I just give this out as good will, or maybe sell it for a dollar.

I think for any professional digital painter the $1.00 would easily offset production lag.

The other option i was thinking was to just set something up like AutoIt has it and have a donation box on part of my site.

I am all new to this so any and all feedback is appreciated.

If you have created something truly marketable, you must test on many versions of Photoshop and on the operating systems that could be running it. Remember that Photoshop is a professional tool and users will use it intensely and will not be happy if it's not reliable and predictable.

Also, you may want to research the legality of offering a tool that works with a company's proprietary software. I don't know anything about this subject, but if it were me, I'd do my best to keep a giant corporation like Adobe off my back.

Good luck...