Predeclared Constant in Beta

gigi1

Hi people, 

thanks for this beta. I'm really looking forward to using ternary operator in autoit, _Iif is not so nice :)

but i have a problem.

I tried running a project of mine with the beta, and i get an error:

at line "Global Cost $s_OK = "Ok", $s_Ok previously declared as a 'Const'. 

I'm guessing that some UDF changed and $s_Ok is already defined as a const now (maybe before wasn't defined at all, or maybe it was not Const, i dont know).

Is that true? Or am i dumb somehow?

Btw, i declare strings as constants like that because then they are referenced as variables and not inline strings, which makes the script harder to be understood after being decompiled.

There are no constants in the UDFs called  $s_Ok . I would search through your UDFs to see if you included the same UDF twice.

Hmm...found a bug in SciTE Jump! Melba is right when I searched for $S_OK.

Edit: Also the point of this thread is tor reporting bugs (like above,) not requesting ridiculous such as password protection, which was removed years ago. Why go backwards when AutoIt is going forwards?!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

gigi1,

The $S_OK Global constant is defined in WinAPIConstants.au3 - as quick search just like the one I have done would have shown you. I suggest you change the name of the constant in your script. :)

M23

P.S. And if you believe that using a variable named $s_OK rather then the string "OK" will make the script harder to understand, then you need to rethink your encryption strategy. But in accordance with my own directive above, we will go no further down that road in this thread. :whistle:

Edit: It is also defined in GUIListView.au3 but only as a Local constant. :)

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

The $S_OK constant is defined in WinAPIConstants.au3 - as quick search just like the one I have done would have shown you. I suggest you change the name of the constant in your script. :)

Thanks, changed the name, all good.

P.S. And if you believe that using a variable named $s_OK rather then the string "OK" will make the script harder to understand, then you need to rethink your encryption strategy. But in accordance with my own directive above, we will go no further down that road in this thread. :whistle:

It is somewhat effective because i obfuscate the script, so in the decompiled script the variable will show up as Var000123 or something.

I have another problem now:

I run SyntaxCheck Beta in SciTE and it's ok.

I run Beta Execute in SciTE and it's ok.

I run Beta Compile in SciTE and it compiles without errors.

I run the compiled script and it shows AutoIt Error: Line <about 20k>: Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

I tried debugging myself a little:

If i put a msgbox on top of the script it is not shown, so the error is before anything happening in the script itself

Unfortunately i cannot use obfuscator with /so to have the exact line number because it says "Skipping Obfuscator: Current version doesn't support the AutoIt3 v3.3.5+ syntax.

Without other options, i did what shouldnt be named on those forums, and i discovered strange stuff. I'm pretty sure i cannot write about that in this topic, though, so I don't know what to do  :ermm:

• Moderators

gigi1,

So you admit to having used a decompiler on your script? There are plenty of other things you could have done - but coming here and admitting what you did is just plain stupid. :mad2:

Why should I not just ban you now? :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

because i didn't say that. Maybe i used an hex editor. Lot of things cant be named on those forums  o:)

Anyway i'm sorry, but I really like autoIt and i want to help, that's why I was testing my largest scripts with the beta, and I think i discovered some bug there.

We can bring this to PMs if you prefer, i really don't know what to do or how to help at this point.

• Moderators

gigi1,

Hex editors are no problem - and you know that. Never mention decompilation again - clear? :naughty:

I think i discovered some bug there

More likely to be some syntax in your script no longer being valid - my scripts work fine with the new Beta. Post the code with which you are having problems and I will take a look - perhaps I can spot something. if nothing else I have a Beta Obfuscator which might make /so possible. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

gigi1,

Please do. :)

M23

Spoiler

I would be interested to know what the issue was as I have a suspicion it isn't the beta.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

gigi1,

The program on which i have the problem is a tool for a game

Why was I not surprised? :whistle:

That makes 2 strikes in the same thread - best I lock it now to prevent you trying for the hat-trick! :naughty:

If you want help to get around this supposed "bug", produce a small reproducer script which shows the problem and post that in the "Beta" thread. It goes without saying that the script had best be as pure as the driven snow - our patience has limits and you have already overstretched it. ;)

All readers,

If you want help with a script I suggest you post it in a form that does not require others to download yet another zip app. I doubt I would have bothered to even open the file I was sent - regardless of the content.

M23

Spoiler