SciTe search&replace multiple scripts?

hello all,

i'm working on a project composed of many individual scripts, all sharing an "include" file of constants, variables, and common functions.

despite my attempts to minimize such occurrences, sometimes i come to need to rename a variable or function across all of the scripts. so i have all the scripts open in SciTe, i set-up the search&replace dialog, i click "Replace All" then click on the next tab, and repeat that for some 10-16 scripts.

i wonder if SciTe can search&replace in all opened scripts simultaneously?

thanks for any advice,

orbs

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Look at SciTE Jump (Alt + Q) and select the arrow pointing to the left. You might want to check out the update in my signature under SciTE Jump.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

well, as usual, the only thing i can say is "wow".

i donwloaded your Jump exe, installed it, it launched, then i found it in the Tools menu, by Ctrl+Alt+J instead of Alt+Q as you mentioned.

then i went to check-out the search&replace, i loaded few scripts, but when i click "Replace" i get a flashing red in Jump background and no replacements were performed. if there was any error message, i didn't see it.

did i miss something?

edit: i have the latest AutoIt and Scite packages installed.

Edited by orbs

Spoiler

UDF:

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

Apps:

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

well, as usual, the only thing i can say is "wow".

i donwloaded your Jump exe, installed it, it launched, then i found it in the Tools menu, by Ctrl+Alt+J instead of Alt+Q as you mentioned.

then i went to check-out the search&replace, i loaded few scripts, but when i click "Replace" i get a flashing red in Jump background and no replacements were performed. if there was any error message, i didn't see it.

did i miss something?

You have an old version of SciTE4AutoIt3. Download that new version, then upgrade the SciTE Jump and try again. If not post what you're searching for. Did you also uncheck the case-sensitive box?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

i upgraded SciTe, now i have Jump on Alt+Q, but the replacement issue still exists, and yes i unchecked the "preview" and "case sensitive" options. i tried several types of string to change, first i tried changing the version number (identical in a scripts group, in the wrapper region), then i tried some text - always the same issue.

how can i tell if i'm using the native SciTe Jump, or your version, or are they the same?

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps:

They are the same. The one on the site is just newer that is all. What are you searching? Could you provide a small re-producer please?

UDF List:

I don't think you need SciTE Jump. Try the Replace in Buffers button instead of Replace All. That should replace the text in all open tabs.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

i thought it may be my scripts, so i just wrote 2 new scripts with one line each:

script1.au3 :

MsgBox(64,'Hello World','this is MsgBox from script1.')

script2.au3 :

MsgBox(64,'Hello World','this is MsgBox from script2.')

i tried to replace "World" with "Moon", and i somehow managed to capture the red background screenshot (appears briefly):

post-47848-0-24834800-1374142563_thumb.p

version of SciTe: 3.3.0

version of Jump: 2.9.101.209

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps:

I know this issue. You need to drop the folder of where those scripts are on SciTE Jump. This searches and replaces within files. To note, you could do a search and replace in SciTE and select "replace in buffers" which will replace in the open tabs. Let me know if this isn't clear.

UDF List:

"Replace in Buffers" works.

the Jump issue is not resolved even when i dropped the folder in:

post-47848-0-56592200-1374143660_thumb.p

despite this issue, i find Jump extremely useful for navigation. i will use "Replace in Buffers", but if the search & replace can be resolved and if i can further help with diagnostics, i'd be happy to.

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps:

despite this issue, i find Jump extremely useful for navigation. i will use "Replace in Buffers", but if the search & replace can be resolved and if i can further help with diagnostics, i'd be happy to.

If you wouldn't mind. Could you post a reproducer script in the SciTE Jump thread please and bundle in a zip file. Cheers.

Tested with v2.9 of SciTE Jump and it works for me. What version are you using? About can be found by select the icon in the titlebar.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: