Auto Key Presser

Hey guys, I'm new to AUTO IT, and I'm trying to build a program that check whenever user press "~" . It repeats "~" for 5 times with 1 second delay between. Could you guys show me the simplest way to do that. Thanks alot

In the AutoIT help file, refer to HotKeySet, Send (or ControlSend), and Sleep. The help file will also be, helpful, whether you want 5 repeats and a 1 sec. delay, or a 1 sec. delay between the repeats. You are much more likely to receive help with problems arising from some code you've written.

Welcome to the Forum!

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Can you please tell us which program you try to automate? Your keyboard has a repeat function - so why script it?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm trying to get a auto press for my game :P. BTW the built in function in window is repeat when you actually hold the key. I need it to "Key Down - Key Up" every time.  Could you guys demo a simple source code that do it? 

Edited by ianonyk