Plugins (deprecated)

Jon

I've re-uploaded the SDK, this time as a ZIP file. If you downloaded the SDK yesterday I strongly recommend you re-download it. The VC8 and VC9 projects were screwed up and the example test scripts were missing. These issues have been fixed in the ZIP file just uploaded.

• 1 month later...

How do u add the plugin to autoit? Please help me. Thx.

Are you wanting to write a plugin, or trying to figure out how to use an existing one? Your question lacked detail. Please provide more detail. Also I believe this may be more accurately asked in the Help & Support forum.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Sry, if i posted in the wrong forum. At the starting of the post, Jon said there is a Plugin download for Autoit that u can do some C/C++ stuff now in autoit. So i was thinking that how do u install the Plugin? And i also downloaded the au3_plugin_sdk.zip I extracted it and then i saw that there was no installer... So How do u install it? Understand now? Unless this isn't it.... The Plugin isn't out yet... Is there a way to use this or is this just some file that u don't even need?

Thx.

[font="Arial Black"][u]zero57[/u][/font]

What is a SDK? .... Please help

Put "Define SDK" in a quick google search. The very first entry on the google page is the correct one, as well as all the rest in my brief glance at the page.

If you're not looking to write a Plugin for AutoIt in C/C++, then you are in the wrong thread/forum. If you're wanting to see what plugin's are available for AutoIt, search the Example Scripts forum for "Plugin"

Please learn to use your search tool (Google, AutoIt's Search, whatever). I imagine English isn't your first language so I'm sure that's part of the hindrance, but searching is crucial no matter what language you're using.

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

k thx, I wanna write some C/C++ stuff in autoit for fun but i guess thats not what this is. Thx anyways tho, thx alot.

Well that depends... If you're wanting to use AutoIt inside C/C++ then you might want to look at AutoItX (I think), if you're looking to extend the functionality of something AutoIt already does, or doesn't do then this is it. However, it doesn't come with an installer. I've rarely seen source code come with an installer. Our SDK is just simply a zipped set of files that you can place where you like to start playing with the system. Plugin's aren't fully completed, but do allow you to write your own set of functionality for AutoIt to harness.

I hope that explains it a bit more.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

External Links

ooooooooooooohhhhhh. I thought that this plugin was that if there was an installer inside, then it installs into autoit and then u can use C/C++ stuff in autoit. But do i have it right? that this plugin allows u to make ur OWN functions for autoit?

If so, where do i put this plugin in my programs folder > autoit v3?

ooooooooooooohhhhhh. I thought that this plugin was that if there was an installer inside, then it installs into autoit and then u can use C/C++ stuff in autoit. But do i have it right? that this plugin allows u to make ur OWN functions for autoit?

If so, where do i put this plugin in my programs folder > autoit v3?

With this plugin SDK you can make your own plugin DLL files (written/compiled in C) which can be directly called from Autoit as it would be native functions.

With this plugin SDK you can make your own plugin DLL files (written/compiled in C) which can be directly called from Autoit as it would be native functions.

Oh, how do u put it in for autoit? oh ya, what can .Dll files do? I never really see the point in it.. i see it for some games to run, but is there more possibilities that .DLL files can do? I mean is there more things that .DLL files can do? other than allowing games to run.

Thx, and where do u put this SDK plugin folder in?

• Developers

Oh, how do u put it in for autoit? oh ya, what can .Dll files do? I never really see the point in it.. i see it for some games to run, but is there more possibilities that .DLL files can do? I mean is there more things that .DLL files can do? other than allowing games to run.

Thx, and where do u put this SDK plugin folder in?

Don't think you should bother really when asking these type of questions. It is clear you haven't put any effort in to understand any of the basics so lets stop polluting this thread any further and stick with your basic scripting.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Don't think you should bother really when asking these type of questions. It is clear you haven't put any effort in to understand any of the basics so lets stop polluting this thread any further and stick with your basic scripting.

Jos

Well, wasn't that mean? Of course EVERYONE starts out as a "noob" don't think ur the first one to know C/C++, and Please don't take this offensivly, im just speaking the "truth" IMO. And don't u dare, don't u dare, try replying to this cuz this is the end to my replys in this thread. (Please don't take this offensivly, im just speaking the "truth" IMO.(Wow i accuatly re-used my statement :) ))

(I won't reply to this thread anymore, and sry for my "pollution" if it means any harm to this thread. and yes i will stick to my "basic" scripting.)

(sry if i wasted ur time, thx for answering my questions tho, it was nice knowing u all)

(no this will not be the end of me I will be back helping people if i can......)

(ok u can stop reading) (im serious.....) (

If u read another word after the word: "end" then i will kill myself.) (this is the "End" to my replys here)

Ok, try this. Go to Wikipedia.org and search for "Windows DLL" and "SDK" in your favourite language; Valik and I use English. See if this gives you any inspirations. RTFM might also be a fruitful search for you.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

hmm, I just now found out about this when I read the post about 10 min ago, this could be very helpful for me as ive been meaning to get my feet wet in some simple C/C++, this way i can still make the bulk of my programs with autoit, while doing a few simple repetitive things as plugins. But, I do have one question, can a plugin opened with PluginOpen be reopened and have it reload it, or does it actively read it? Because I have made a few things that could have really used atleast plugins made in autoit (which would be very cool and helpful if we could make autoit plugins, even if they were just .a3x files that could be actively loaded and only contained functions) but it seems this will have to do :)

BTW, the PluginOpen and PluginClose are not listed in the help file...not sure if that was intentionally left out or if it was just forgotten.

Kealper,

Plugins are compiled C/C++ code. They are compiled into DLL files that AutoIt's plugin architecture knows how to read and use as functions inside of AutoIt. As to building some UDF's based on your plugins, I think that would be reasonable since plugins can only have a single output (no AutoIt arrays yet). As to how often the plugin is reloaded into memory, I don't know. I would recommend you get your feet wet with the plugins and see what you can come up with. Plugins will only be useful if you have some intensive process that will be faster done with native C/C++ code. In a lot of cases AutoIt is quick enough for most jobs.

I hope this explains it some more,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 7 months later...