Jon

• Administrators

File Name: AutoIt v3.3.9.10 Beta

File Submitter: Jon

File Submitted: 21 Jul 2013

File Category: Beta

3.3.9.10 (21 July, 2013) (Beta)

AutoIt:
- Changed: #NoAutoItExecute option replaced with #pragma compile(AutoItExecuteAllowed, false). Default is false.

- Fixed #2286 GuiCtrtlGetState without a controlID parameter runs but aborts AutoIt.
- Fixed #2350 Strange issue when using $SS_ETCHEDVERT and $SS_ETCHEDHORZ.

Aut2Exe:
- Changed: Compiling uses a subfolder of %localappdata% instead of %temp% for temporary files. Hopefully this fixes warnings from over-zealous AV.

Click here to download this file

- Changed: #NoAutoItExecute option replaced with #pragma compile(AutoItExecuteAllowed, false). Default is false.

Works flawlessly.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Jon ask someone with XP system to check if Aut2Exe works at all for them if you are res-updating .tmp files. As far as I know resources updating on "non-executable" is not possible on all systems. File extension has to be of PE type.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Tested on XP SP3 with the example in the help and the resources were fine.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I Installed 3.3.9.10 on a VM with XP RTM.

Running AutoIt:

AutoIt3.exe - Ordinal Not Found
---------------------------
The ordinal 442 could not be located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll.

Running SciTE: 

SciTE.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point EncodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. 

Running Aut2Exe on a script with pragmas complains about

Aut2Exe Error
Error: Unable to add resources.
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\ExamplesHelpfilemyProg.exe 

Which I find a bit confusing, that file doesn't exist.

Setting the icon in Aut2Exe seem to have varying results (I don't know...).

And as I used Aut2Exe with pragmas for the first time, I must say I didn't like it at all. I set the Source, Destination and press Convert. And then everything but source just changes! No messages or anything. Re do it a couple of times and start wondering if Aut2Exe is completely broken. Then I open the script and see that it is actually loading the values from the pragmas! No messages about conflicting/overriding values, no complaining status text, nothing. Why not load the values as the Source is set and disable the controls it will override? At least add something so you know what is happening.

On the positive side, at least au3check and au3info runs ;)

Error: Unable to add resources.

C:Program FilesAutoIt3BetaExamplesHelpfilemyProg.exe 

That's probably due to the icon not existing on your system. Did you change the location of the icon? Actually what pragma directives did you try?

UDF List:

That's probably due to the icon not existing on your system. Did you change the location of the icon? Actually what pragma directives did you try?

Now who the hell made that fucking example?!?! The folder is AutoIt3, not AutoIt. pragma.au3

So icons work. Just the example, AutoIt and SciTE is broken.

I'm not aware of any other example for the #pragma directives so I guess I'm finished now.

Now who the hell made that fucking example?!?! The folder is AutoIt3, not AutoIt. pragma.au3

Er...I did and it's called a mistake thank you. But even you of all people should have known to do a little bit of debugging.

I use a Portable version of SciTE and AutoIt, hence why I don't know the filepath.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

It's a tricky filepath actually. AutoIt goes in Program Files (x86) on x64 machine and I'd imagine that there's a 50/50 split on x86/x64 these days.

That's the reason I commented it out initially, think I will do it again, so as to stop users falsely reporting an issue.

UDF List:

@guinness

Do you know how long it takes to download and install XP and AutoIt? Just enough to stop caring about anything else. Next time, post a script written specifically to test a feature, not just scream TEST RESOURCES. That goes to all three of you.

@Jon

That wasn't actually the part that was the problem...

I used the example in the help file and changed the filepath as stated by the comment, when I tried on XP SP3. Plus, I don't think I screamed at you to test the resources. If I did then sorry.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I Installed 3.3.9.10 on a VM with XP RTM.

Running AutoIt:

--

AutoIt3.exe - Ordinal Not Found

The ordinal 442 could not be located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll.

Running SciTE: 

--

SciTE.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point EncodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

On the positive side, at least au3check and au3info runs ;)

I've just looked at oleaut32.dll, and can confirm that the XP RTM version doesn't contain the function 'RegisterTypeLibForUser', which maps to ordinal #442.  Seems Microsoft's entry for the function doesn't mention the minimum O/S required. Which is typical since they keep making changes to the site that reflect the wrong information..

As far as SciTE goes, EncodePointer and DecodePointer are XP SP2 minimum.  Don't know who's compiling that or if the source is available, but its likely compiled in VC++ 2010 or 2012

• Administrators

I've just looked at oleaut32.dll, and can confirm that the XP RTM version doesn't contain the function 'RegisterTypeLibForUser', which maps to ordinal #442.  Seems Microsoft's entry for the function doesn't mention the minimum O/S required. Which is typical since they keep making changes to the site that reflect the wrong information..

As far as SciTE goes, EncodePointer and DecodePointer are XP SP2 minimum.  Don't know who's compiling that or if the source is available, but its likely compiled in VC++ 2010 or 2012

Scite (lite) the one in the autoit setup.exe is compiled with a workaround for EncodePointer so that version should run on XP RTM. That fix might not have been in the current "full" version of Scite though.  The "lite" version does not install if it detects the full scite package.

I'm pretty sure that 3.3.8.1 didn't run on XP RTM based on this. Maybe I'll just give it up and go XP SP3 - attempting to support RTM is obviously not endearing me to anyone anyway. 

I used the example in the help file and changed the filepath as stated by the comment, when I tried on XP SP3. Plus, I don't think I screamed at you to test the resources. If I did then sorry.

Well I guess the screaming part was more the others. Sorry. I have a back-pain, headache and feeling sick in my stomach and I just ate. I think I'll just lie down somewhere and die a little. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Maybe.

I'm pretty sure that 3.3.8.1 didn't run on XP RTM based on this. Maybe I'll just give it up and go XP SP3 - attempting to support RTM is obviously not endearing me to anyone anyway. 

Ok I've just run through and grabbed the Imports for 3.3.8.1 and the latest 3.3.9.10 version and weeded out the common API calls and compared the unique new ones to XP RTM DLL exports.  Right now, the only two imports that aren't in XP RTM are:

RegisterTypeLibForUser (ordinal # 442)

UnRegisterTypeLibForUser (ordinal # 443)

The 3.3.8.1 version was using:

RegisterTypeLib (ordinal # 163)

UnRegisterTypeLib (ordinal # 186)

The newer 'ForUser' versions appear in SP2, per my tests agains RTM, SP1 and SP2.  So its up to you if you'd like to try to dynamically import the 'ForUser' versions, and if its not available, fall back on the older versions.  I'm not sure what you'd be giving up really, but it seems a relatively minor change.

Edited by Ascend4nt

• Administrators

Thanks for that I'll take a look at the source.

Edit: Yeah just a single new call to those functions, easy enough to wrap.  One of my favourite things in the source that Valik wrote is a class that lets me simply do this:

API_WRAPPER("oleaut32.dll", HRESULT, UnRegisterTypeLibForUser, (REFGUID, WORD, WORD, LCID, SYSKIND));   // XP SP2

API_UnRegisterTypeLibForUser pUnRegisterTypeLibForUser; // XP SP2
if (pUnRegisterTypeLibForUser.IsLoaded())
{
}

Takes all the hassle out of dynamic loading functions.

Edited by Jon