Recorder auto-stops in 0.388 seconds

Hi all,

I have not used AutoIt in a long time and now need it to launch doggy cam via Firefox on a win7-Starter netbook.

I first set the script up on my desktop (win7pro x64) and fine tuned it to run at start up just the way I wanted (AutoIt set for x86 mode).

I installed AutoIt and I copied the script across to the netbook and the login to camera failed (too quick to see any clues) and recorded mouse movements were a little off (screen sizes) and it missed a button.

Intead of editing the script I cleared the SciTE script and used the Alt-F6 combo to start the recorder and I get...

> "C:Program filesautoit...wrapper.exe" /AU3Record

> Exit code:0 Time: 0.388

The Tools > AU3Recorder is enabled and it does not launch the recorder. But it does quit a little faster at 0.381 seconds. :)

How can I get it to hang about a little longer and catch something to record? It does not even display the square blob with the Start/Stop button. Just slams shut instantly.

Thanks

The recorder is not designed to do what your doing. It isn't a video recorder.

HUH? Didn't you read my original post? I am not an idiot, I was NOT trying to use it as a video recorder.

1: I recorded the script using the AU3recorder on my desktop.

2: I tried to run the AU3Rcorder on my netbook to record the EXACT SAME PROCESS that WORKED ON THE DESKTOP and the AU3Recorder slams shut.

Just FYI I have been programming for 30+ years and have a fair idea of what I am doing at the keyboard.

Your response was just downright insulting.

Edited by Flogger

You have to give us more information. Which AutoIt version do you run?

To get a reliable script I wouldn't use Send and Mouse* functions as recorded by AU3Recorder. Use Control* functions instead.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

HUH? Didn't you read my original post? I am not an idiot, I was NOT trying to use it as a video recorder.

1: I recorded the script using the AU3recorder on my desktop.

2: I tried to run the AU3Rcorder on my netbook to record the EXACT SAME PROCESS that WORKED ON THE DESKTOP and the AU3Recorder slams shut.

Just FYI I have been programming for 30+ years and have a fair idea of what I am doing at the keyboard.

Your response was just downright insulting.

Have you used the installers when  installing AutoIt3 and SciTE?

Does au3record.exe exists in AutoIt3ExtrasAu3Record" ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)