Sign in to follow this  
Reinhardt1julian

Block user Input on Window

Hi,

I want to know if there is a way, that the user can't do anything on my window, but hotkeys. So, i want them to not be able to scroll scrolling bars or slide sliders, but they should be able to press a hotkey, and the rest of the computer should  work normally. That's why I don't want to use BlockInput

GUICtrlSetState ( controlID, $GUI_DISABLE), use that for all of your controls and they won't be able to use them. Although, if you have controls they can't use, what's the point of having the controls in the first place?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ThePoro
      Hi everyone.
      I want to ask about this : 
      I want it runs from 1 to 100 and It opens 10 firefox profiles then access youtube. After I close a firefox window, the loop runs and wait for another window close until loop ends
      I have a loop like this.
      Func launch() Local $from = Int(GUICtrlRead($input1)) Local $to = Int(GUICtrlRead($input2)) If $to <> "" Then While $from <= $to Local $profile = $to _RunDos("start firefox.exe -p " & $profile & " -no-remote youtube.com") $to=$to+1 WEnd Else Local $profile = $to _RunDos("start firefox.exe -p " & $profile & " -no-remote youtube.com") EndIf EndFunc Is there any solution?
      Thank you!
    • By Blueman
      Hey Guys,
      Maybe you can help me with something small.
      It is not terrible but it slows down my script and after a while even crash the script.

First i explain what i have;
      I have a GUI with a lot of GUICtrlCreateInput controls, lets say 600 pieces.
      All the controls are hidden when the GUI is displayed, i have 3 buttons attached to 200 pieces each.
      When i press button-1 the first 200 controls are showed,
      When i press button-2 the first 200 controls are hidden and the next 200 controls are showed,
      etc, etc.
      This is working perfectly but after a while the GUI is getting slower and slower.
      After a while the controls aren't responding anymore and the script crashes.
      When i compile the script to 64-Bits version the speed is a lot better but you can still see the script slowing down each time i use the buttons.
      I think there has to be a buffer somewhere that is filling each time i show and hide the controls, but how can i clear that buffer without restarting the script?
      Deleting and re-creating the controls didn't help, deleting the entire gui (and controls) and re-creating it didn't help also.
      The only thing that is working is restarting the script.

Thanks guys!

PS: If you need a working example i can add it to this topic, just let me know. It is not rocket science, i just create the controls and show/hide them with a while loop and 3 buttons.

• By Rhidlor
      I was wondering if there was a library or something which provides the capability to Send() to inactive windows, and I know what you're thinking, I could just use ControlSend(); the reason I can't use that in this situation is because I need to hold down keys for specific prolonged periods of time. Also activating the window, Send()ing then de-activating the window isn't really an option here, I need the target window to always be in the background. I've looked around the forums for an adequate amount of time and didn't find anything useful, perhaps because the threads were all 10 years old, nevertheless, if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • By XinYoung
      Hello again 
      I need to click this Submit button, but it's in a lightbox and has no ID (i think) and I can't figure out a way to target it. _IEFormSubmit doesn't work.

Thank you
    • By Lisuter
      Hello...

How i can write data from txt to +3 Input?
      Example:
      In txt i have:
      Michael XYZ, 21, Boston
      Olex Marshal, 17, Boston
      Alex XYZ, 19, Boston

And now i want load that data to input in autoit. 

Name          y.o          city
      [ Input1]  [Input2] [Input3]
      [ Input4]  [Input5] [Input6]
      [ Input7]  [Input8] [Input9]

After load should be:
      Name               y.o            city
      [Michael XYZ]      [21]     [Boston]
      [ Olex Marshal]  [17]      [Boston]
      [ Alex XYZ]           [19]      [Boston]

FileOpen("Test.txt",0)                          $aas = GUICtrlSetData($Input1, FileReadLine("Test.txt",1))             FileClose("Test.txt") But its wrong. ofcourse its load all to input 1. So now how do you load this data directly into each input separately? The comma stop sign is here. Each line is a new person