controlclick

I tried multiple ways, but it doesn't click the button:

Here's what I tried:

ControlClick("[Title:Alarm]","[CLASS:Button]", "[INSTANCE:2]")

ControlClick("[Title:Alarm]","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")

ControlClick("[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "")

ControlClick("[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "Primary")

Here's the detail from WindowsInfo

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:    Alarm
Class:    #32770
Position:    -273, 143
Size:    874, 344
Style:    0x94CC0044
ExStyle:    0x00010104
Handle:    0x00140A70

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:    Button
Instance:    2
ClassnameNN:    Button2
Name:    
Advanced (Class):    [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]
ID:    1008
Text:    Stop and Exit
Position:    635, 270
Size:    137, 25
ControlClick Coords:    92, 11
Style:    0x50010000
ExStyle:    0x00020004
Handle:    0x00140B8C

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:    462, 454
Cursor ID:    0
Color:    0xCEF0F0

The winactivate works and I know that part already; just the controlclick. Sometimes the alarm windows popup elsewhere if I use coordinates so it won't work.

any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

• Moderators

asianqueen,

Open the Help file page for ControlClick and compare those snippets to the required syntax. You will see that none of them match - so it js hardly surprising that none of them work. :(

You need 3 obligatory parameters: title, text, ControlID - you have a title, the Advanced CLASS information you have will act as a ControlID, and you can leave the text parameter as an empty string (""). So why not put those parameters into the correct places in the function call and see if it works then. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Your button information is in the "text" parameter in your first 2 tries, put "", before the button information and use the second example you posted. The help file is the best place to find out how to use a function, optional parameters aren't optional if you use one of the other optional parameters that come after it Left to Right.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

will give it a try. I don't like the help file as it's using a notepad as an example which doesn't help at all.

EDIT:

Works great. Just missed the position :D

Both of you guys give good details to get it right. Don't know to select which one as the person who resolved my issue. Just mark as resolved.

Edited by asianqueen

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

Well, if you used the help file to find out how this stuff actually works, you'd stop making posts like this all of the time.

...I'm just sayin'

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

asianqueen,

I don't like the help file as it's using a notepad as an example

A classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face! :(

You are mistaken in what you need to look at - the examples are just that: examples. Look at the full syntax explanation in the top part of the page - that is the important stuff. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area