AutoIt v3.3.9.13 Beta

Jon

No it's not a valid expression, but It's not working as I expect a ternary operator to work.

I thought it would merge like this :

Local $aArray[2] = [0, 1]

the expression is only valy if affected to an array. In fact I think that ternary just return non array result

• Moderators

Jon,

I have found a bug with 3.3.9.13 which is not present in 3.3.8.1 or 3.3.9.4. :(

It comes in 2 parts:

- 1. The standard icon order has changed since 3.3.9.4. It used to be blank, red X, + in a box - and is now red X, blank, + in a box. As I use the blank icon from time to time this is annoying - could it be changed back please.

- 2. More seriously, if you have #NoTrayIcon in the script, the first 2 of these are not present in the compiled exe. This means that any added icons begin at index -3 and not at index -5. The icons are removed when #NoTrayIcon is present regardless of whether you do or not add icons, and whether you use #pragma or AutoIt3Wrapper directives. In every case the red X and blank icons are not present in the compiled exe if the #NoTrayIcon directive is used. All icons are present in exes compiled with 3.3.8.1 and 3.3.9.4 (all I have installed at present).

The various scripts I have tested are as follows:

#NoTrayIcon : Comment this out to see the difference

Sleep(10)

#pragma compile(Icon, M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\test.ico)

Sleep(10)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\test.ico

Sleep(10)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\test.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\test2.ico

Sleep(10)

#pragma compile(Icon, M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\test.ico)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\test2.ico

Sleep(10)
I inspected the exes with ResHacker and ran then in scripts displaying the icons with their index numbers - every time the same result when the #NoTrayIcon directive was present. :(

M23

Edit: The icons are indeed stored in a different order in the "Icon" section, but in fact still appear in the same order in the "Icon Group" section and when accessed by the index. Sorry about that. :>

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Firefox, the ability to conditionally create different arrays is interesting, but that doesn't work successfully in most languages.  You could theoretically do conditionals for each element though.. something like:

Local $bBool = True
Local $aArray[2] = [($bBool ? 0 : 1), ($bBool ? 1 : 0) ]
ConsoleWrite("[0] = " & $aArray[0] & " [1] = " & $aArray[1] & @CRLF)

@Jon

The #pragma directives do not work when I have the Run_Obfuscator directive.

;there is no icon on the compiled script (this is a pragma example, it's the same for any pragma directive)
#pragma compile(Icon, icon.ico)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y

#include <Constants.au3>

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, @AutoItVersion, FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath))
;works fine
#pragma compile(Icon, icon.ico)

#include <Constants.au3>

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, @AutoItVersion, FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath))

icon.ico

Edited by FireFox

• Moderators

FireFox,

I get the icon in the exe when I run your script using one of my icons. ResHacker shows it present as does this script:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

GUICtrlCreateButton("", 10, 10, 40, 40, $BS_ICON)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "icon_test.exe", 0)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

FireFox,

Do you mind if you include the ico file?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

FireFox,

I have no problem with the icon you posted. :)

M23

Spoiler

Get the latest Obfuscator beta. The old versions don't support the pragma directives obviously, and they get stripped out.

Good catch! I thought of this but it seemed irrevelant. Edited by FireFox

Argh! I forgot to say to FireFox about Obfuscator.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

Jon,

I have just reinstalled some of the other Betas to check on the #NoTrayIcon bug I reported yesterday. It seems that it was introduced in .13 - .12 and earlier Beta releases still have all the icons when using that directive. I hope that helps in locating the errant code. :)

M23

And here are 2 exes just to show the results I get with .13:

TrayIcon.exe has 11 icons - NoTrayIcon.exe has only 9

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

• Administrators

Hmm, I don't see how it's a bug actually - the internal resources aren't documented. It's by design that unused resources (icons/dialogs) are stripped to save space. In this case it only saves 25KB when stripping them out so it's easy enough to not bother and add them back in. But we really can't be in the position of not being able to change the resources in AutoIt because someone has used reshacker to see what's there and then used them.  Surely? 

• Moderators

Jon,

When you add icons using AutoIt3Wrapper, you expect them to begin at -5 - having them begin at -3 when you use #NoTrayIcon is a script-breaking change (that is how I noticed). A fair number of scripts add icons to show their various states in the tray, so this is likely to affect others than just myself.

We can easily add a line or 2 to the relevant sections of the AutoIt and Wrapper Help files to explain that the starting index changes when you use NoTrayIcon, but for the sake of a couple of icons I feel that it is an unnecessary annoyance. The difference is about 1k in compiled size after compression - do we really want to break scripts (or cause confusion for the users in the future) for so small a reduction in size? :huh:

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Jon,

I have just realised that my argument above is self-defeating - as you cannot show the icons in the tray when using #NoTrayIcon! But my script which broke with .13 used the additional icons on buttons in a toolbar and had the #NoTrayIcon directive - that is how I noticed the "new feature" (as you say it is not a bug). ;)

So I believe the argument for retaining the full icon set when the directive is used is still valid, even if not correctly expressed in the post above. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Administrators

There's no way I can guarantee the order and content of resources just to support undocumented use of what they might be. Unless it's in the main help file saying "compiled exes will have icons resources with these IDs and they never change" it can't be relied upon. If you need a particular icon then you need to add it yourself though the wrapper (and on that point I think this needs to be brought into Aut2Exe natively so it doesn't accidentally break when I change things - should be fairly straightforward now).

That said, do all your functions have to be index based? You should really be accessing icons by ID to protect from changes. I did some tests like this:

#pragma compile(Icon, C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\au3.ico)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:\Users\Jonathan\Downloads\AutoIt\test.ICO
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\au3.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:\Users\Jonathan\Downloads\AutoIt\test.ICO

TraySetIcon(@AutoItExe, "201")

Sleep(2000)

And it worked fine.  Of course this is also undocumented because it "looks" like 201 is used as the first resource hacked icon, but I don't know how that range was generated.  More reason to bring this into aut2exe where the range can be set.

i detect bug on autoit beta: in beta version inputbox dialog and something will add to resource after compiled, right?

if i make inputbox as this way

Execute(BinaryToString("0x696E707574626F782820226773222C20226773672229"))

the compiler not recognize and not add resource inputbox... inputbox() will be skip  :(

(sorry my bad English)

I don't know what's current logic on this, but I know that at one point of development the idea was to give users ability to force compiler to add necessary resources. That's why this pragmatic directive:

#pragma compile(inputboxres, true)

...was added.

Normally all of the resources are added if script code requires it. Special casses are string code evaluations when compiler has no way of knowing what the code needs. This is when programmers should say the compiler what to add.

I see some more changes that happened lately which I can't explain becuase they don't make much sense to me. Still that doesn't mean there isn't sense in them, it could be just me not seing the bigger picture (which probably is the case). Your code should still compile and run correctly unless you have strictly forbidden execution of other scripts for your executable. If your exe is allowed to run other scripts (using /AutoIt3ExecuteScript command line option) then all of the resources should be added to your compiled script anyway.

I'm sure you will get proper explanation one way or the other.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE