AutoIt v3.3.9.13 Beta

Jon

• Developers

Thanks, I was using old version of Autoit3Wrapper, because I did not faced such issue in 3.3.9.12 Beta.

Even after updating the new version from "beta_SciTE4AutoIt3" link, still getting the error, console showed:

!> Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\~AU3lobqafz.exe)rc:9999

Show us an snippet with all Directives that demonstrates this behaviour so I can check what is happening,

EDIT: Also show me all SciTE output pane information so I can check that too. :)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Show us an snippet with all Directives that demonstrates this behaviour so I can check what is happening,

I changed the temp location as you suggested but still getting error.

Scite Output:

>Running:(3.3.9.13):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "D:\Projects\GC\DB_daemon.au3" /out "C:\Users\***\~AU3bkgjvjz.exe" /nopack /icon "D:\Projects\GC\hyperlink_blue.ico" /comp 2

!>00:54:25 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:\Users\***\~AU3bkgjvjz.exe)rc:9999

>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.039

Directives

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=hyperlink_blue.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=Daemon.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=GC DataBase Daemon
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.2.11.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=©cADD 2013
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=CompanyName|cADD®
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Company Name|cADD®
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Orignal File name|Daemon.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Product Name|Daemon
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Product Version|1.2.11.0
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
Edited by Digisoul

73 108 111 118 101 65 117 116 111 105 116

Thanks, I was using old version of Autoit3Wrapper, because I did not faced such issue in 3.3.9.12 Beta.

Even after updating the new version from "beta_SciTE4AutoIt3" link, still getting the error, console showed:

!> Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\~AU3lobqafz.exe)rc:9999

Do you have AV running and which one if so?

I had issues on one system when some version of Aut2Exe used %temp% directory for some PE temp files. I reported that to Jon and was under impression that he changed the location. I haven't had chance to test latest version on that particular comp but very likely I would have similar failure you do.

...But maybe it isn't related and it's really wrapper issue.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

All looks good to me so agree with trancexx that the first thing to check your AV messing stuff up.

Thanks, my own protection software was causing the issue.

Do you have AV running and which one if so?

I had issues on one system when some version of Aut2Exe used %temp% directory for some PE temp files. I reported that to Jon and was under impression that he changed the location. I haven't had chance to test latest version on that particular comp but very likely I would have similar failure you do.

...But maybe it isn't related and it's really wrapper issue.

%temp% directory was not causing that issue, because even after updating the temp path I was still getting the error; My protection software was unable to recognize the exe, that's why I was getting that error. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Digisoul

Digisoul, what kind of antivirus or other protection are you running?  Seems odd that it would silently delete or deny access to executables.

Digisoul, what kind of antivirus or other protection are you running?  Seems odd that it would silently delete or deny access to executables.

Not AntiVirus, that was experimental project and I forget to stop the service.

Finally I found the charger for my netbook (XP SP3) and installed this. Sorry for not testing earlier, but my PC needs some TLC and is currently not a good test machine. So far I compiled a mus++ snippet and it worked like a charm. I need to play around with this for a while. Thanks to all involved and especially thanks to Jon for his endless effort and dedication both now and over the years, without you none of this would exist. Thanks again to trancexx for your inspirational ideas and contributions.

One further thing I want to say. It saddens me to see discord on the forum - which can be hard to ignore sometimes. I have every confidence that the next stable release will be every bit as good as people say and I hope differences of opinion (much of which is beyond my technical understanding) can be resolved without any discord. That's all I wanted to add.

Now back to the important technical discussion.

In the second example of the DllStructGetPtr, the int -1 is casted into a float but the result is -1.#QNAN, shouldn't it be -1.00 ?

If I try with 1 I get 1.40129846432482e-045, though I expect 1.00.

Tested with the latest stable/beta versions.

Edit: Direct example :

#include <Constants.au3>

Example2()

Func Example2()
    ; Assign a Local variable a structure with the definition of an int.
    Local $tSTRUCT1 = DllStructCreate("int")

; If an error occurred display the error code and return False.
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(BitOR($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, $MB_ICONHAND), Default, "Error in DllCall, Code: " & @error)
        Return False
    EndIf

; Assign a Local variable the tSTRUCT1 structure except that the elements will be got according to the new definition.
    Local $tSTRUCT3 = DllStructCreate("float", DllStructGetPtr($tSTRUCT1, 1))

; If an error occurred display the error code and return False.
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(BitOR($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, $MB_ICONHAND), Default, "Error in DllCall, Code: " & @error)
        Return False
    EndIf

; Set the data of the first element (int) in the $tSTRUCT1.
    DllStructSetData($tSTRUCT1, 1, -1)

; Display the different data types of the same data
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", _
            "int: " & DllStructGetData($tSTRUCT1, 1) & @CRLF & _
            "float: " & DllStructGetData($tSTRUCT3, 1))

; Release the resources used by the structures.
    $tSTRUCT1 = 0
    $tSTRUCT3 = 0
EndFunc   ;==>Example2
Edited by FireFox

In the second example of the DllStructGetPtr, the int -1 is casted into a float but the result is -1.#QNAN, shouldn't it be -1.00 ?

If I try with 1 I get 1.40129846432482e-045, though I expect 1.00.

Tested with the latest stable/beta versions.

Edit: Direct example :

No it shouldn't. You are probably confused by the type casting that happens because you don't see that in AutoIt considering it's not strong-typed language.

What you see here is the same behavior as you would see in c++ (if you are familiar) when using reinterpret_cast casting operator if you would reinterpret pointer of one type as pointer of another type and dereference it later. In this particular case the memory space of the (int) structure is interpretted as the float type. Integer with binary representation of -1 is the same in memory as float with value of... whatever is displayed.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

-1 is all bits set, including the most significant fraction bit, so the result is quiet NaN (if the msb for the fractional part was zero it would be a signalling NaN).

1 would only have the lowest bit set. Because none of the exponent bits would be set it's actually a denormalized float. No exponent also means exponent will be at its smallest. -127 for a float, so the number you are looking at is very small (probably why you are seeing zero).

-1 is all bits set, including the most significant fraction bit, so the result is quiet NaN (if the msb for the fractional part was zero it would be a signalling NaN).

1 would only have the lowest bit set. Because none of the exponent bits would be set it's actually a denormalized float. No exponent also means exponent will be at its smallest. -127 for a float, so the number you are looking at is very small (probably why you are seeing zero).

Makes all sense now ! Thank you too :)

Forgot the e-045 which is important, so it was wrong in my head (0 <> 1.40 and not 0 <> 0.0000...140..)

Edited by FireFox

• Moderators

Jon,

Following a stupid typo in a script I have discovered that the following is considered valid in 3.3.9.14 - it errors in 3.3.9.4 and earlier:

Global $sSelection
$sSelection &+ "\"
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $sSelection = ' & $sSelection & @crlf & '>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf) ;### Debug Console
It should of course have read "&=".

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area