AutoIt3 - How to send params to my au3 test scripts?

Hi all,
I will appreciate if someone knows;
- How to send params to au3 test scripts? Should I use excel file and include <Excel.au3> to my related scripts?
examples?

- What is the way to perform the Data Test Driven method by AutoIt3?

Thanks in advance

Edited by eitanqa

If SciTE4AutoIt3 by Jos, you can specify up to 4 commandline parameters to send to your script, so you don't have to compile every time and manually do this. I would highly recommend opening the help file and searching for commandline.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If SciTE4AutoIt3 by Jos, you can specify up to 4 commandline parameters to send to your script, so you don't have to compile every time and manually do this. I would highly recommend opening the help file and searching for commandline.

I do not understand your reply.

Please, Can you be more clarify?

:)

Edited by eitanqa

Do you use SciTE to edit your AutoIt scripts? If yes, then do you use SciTE4AutoIt3? If yes, then you have the option to use Ctrl + F8.

Do this, hit Ctrl + F8, add some number to the first input, select OK and then hit F5 with using the code below.

#include <Array.au3>

_ArrayDisplay($CmdLine)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Do you use SciTE to edit your AutoIt scripts? If yes, then do you use SciTE4AutoIt3? If yes, then you have the option to use Ctrl + F8.

Do this, hit Ctrl + F8, add some number to the first input, select OK and then hit F5 with using the code below.

#include <Array.au3>

_ArrayDisplay($CmdLine)

I am using the editor:

Version 3.3.0

Mar 30 2013 17:50:01

by Neil Hodgson.

Updated by Jos

is it compatiable?

Please, did you at least try Ctrl + F8 to see if it worked?

UDF List:

Another alternative that would give you more room for custom tweaks is use an INI file to store your settings. When you need to tweak for a test you simply edit the ini.

It seems that this is what I am looking for.

How do I created the ini file? Can I used an execl file that will include the values of the params/variables?

Can I recive an example please?

:)

Ah..well...we all make mistakes from time to time. Sorry Shift + F8.

UDF List:

Ah..well...we all make mistakes from time to time. Sorry Shift + F8.

OK, So I got Parameters screen. nice.. :)

What is the next step?What should I wrote in my script in order to use thos params?

tnx

Edited by eitanqa

Search $CmdLine and $CmdLineRaw in the help file.

UDF List:

Search $CmdLine and $CmdLineRaw in the help file.

Thanks, I found $CmdLine and $CmdLineRaw in the help file but let me explain again what i exactly want to do:

i.e: I have test script which create new user with the following variables: First name,last name,Ph,Address, Description etc.

Now, I want that my script will create new users with different values.

How am I doing this with AutoIt3 ? Should i use some excel file or ini file to save those values?and if yes then How do I correlate this file to my test script?

Edited by eitanqa

So your initial problem has now changed.

UDF List:

• Moderators

Why not wrap a GUI around the script, with an input for all the fields you would like to specify?

;Example
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $msg

GUICreate("Test", 300, 300)
$firstlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("First name", 1, 2, 100, 20)
    $first = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 25, 100, 20)
$lastlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Last name", 1, 55, 100, 20)
    $last = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 80, 100, 20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
            Select
                Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                    ExitLoop
            EndSelect
    WEnd

GUIDelete()

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Why not wrap a GUI around the script, with an input for all the fields you would like to specify?

;Example
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $msg

GUICreate("Test", 300, 300)
$firstlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("First name", 1, 2, 100, 20)
    $first = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 25, 100, 20)
$lastlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Last name", 1, 55, 100, 20)
    $last = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 80, 100, 20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
            Select
                Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                    ExitLoop
            EndSelect
    WEnd

GUIDelete()

This is exactly what I want to do but I thoght to do it in a way that my script will get the values from a file (xls or CSV or txt or other)

This methode call Data Test Driven... but I do not know how to implement it by Autoit3.

Any extra Ideas?

Edited by eitanqa