Prevent AutoIt script from being stripped from Exe?

Go to solution Solved by Ascend4nt,

I have been experimenting with various file optimizer programs, and came across this problem twice: the script is stripped from an AutoIt compiled program every time, causing an 'Unable to open the script file' error.

I read that the script is currently 'tacked on' to the end of the executable, but I wanted to know a way to reliably detect where it starts and of course detect if it is an AutoIt executable or not, so I can prevent that from being stripped off.

Any help is appreciated

Pincopanco, thanks for that link!  Seems to work, but its a bit of a hack.. I'm sure some of those strings will show up in other executables too..  I guess for now it'll do.

John, yes I read that also, but I'm not compiling using beta at the moment, and I have a number of compiled scripts laying around..

• Solution
I read that the script is currently 'tacked on' to the end of the executable, but I wanted to know a way to reliably detect where it starts and of course detect if it is an AutoIt executable or not, so I can prevent that from being stripped off.

Why yes, yes there is d4nny boy. Look at >PE File Overlay Extraction. Boom, y'alls answer been resolved! Suck it!

Edit: with v3.3.10.0+, there's a new way to detect AutoIt scripts.  Of course, I've done myself another service and answered my question (in a different way) with a new UDF.. see >A3X File Extract

Edited by Ascend4nt