2 questions: how to navigate the itnernet

first of all how do you use classnameNN?? like how would u fit it into a script??

and second is how do u navigate thorugh the internet... so lets say you wanted to go to google and then type in spiders in the search bar.. what codes would you use for that?? (and if possible could u explain what each line/section of the code does)

Read the helpfile. It gives several tutorials on how to manipulate items, and they all can be applied to the questions you have asked. The classnameNN is generally associated with Control*() functions. Also look up the Send() function it may have what you need.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I placed an example of how to do this with IE.au3 (IE Automation) in the examples here.

Dale

first of all how do you use classnameNN?? like how would u fit it into a script??

and second is how do u navigate thorugh the internet... so lets say you wanted to go to google and then type in spiders in the search bar.. what codes would you use for that?? (and if possible could u explain what each line/section of the code does)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I placed an example of how to do this with IE.au3 (IE Automation) in the examples here.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do i use that code?? cuz when i try to use it then it says the IE.au3 is not a valid program (or something like that)... and i dled the new beta thing but is there anythign else i need to do or install???

How do i use that code?? cuz when i try to use it then it says the IE.au3 is not a valid program (or something like that)... and i dled the new beta thing but is there anythign else i need to do or install???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I assume that you have downloaded IE.au3 into your include folder.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you include the script you are trying to get working it would help. It sounds as though you are trying to Run("IE.au3") instead of #include "IE.au3".

Also do as everyone said above and then use #include <IE.au3>

Hope this helps some,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

where do i download IE.au3??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HERE

Scroll down and look

EDIT

Checkout DaleHolmes sig.

Edited by BigDod

God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

i still can't find it... cuz when i click on dales sig then it takes me to the top of that page. i saw the text file but i don't knwo if thats the one i need or what i do with that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here I have downloaded it for you and attached it to this post. Save it into include folder in AutoIt folder.

Add the line

#include<IE.au3>

to the top of your script. :whistle::dance::dance:

EDIT

Attachment removed

Edited by BigDod

I've added the following helpful text to the beginning of hte IE Automation topic: "scroll to the bottom of this base-note post to find the link to IE.au3".

Thanks for helping BigDod, but I am asking that you please remove the version of IE.au3 you attached to the previous reply. If IE.au3 is posted in multiple places it will be impossible to do version control.

Thanks,

Dale

Here I have downloaded it for you and attached it to this post. Save it into include folder in AutoIt folder.

Add the line

#include<IE.au3>

to the top of your script. :whistle:  :dance:  :dance:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble