I know I'm over looking something simple...

I need a little guidence please. I'll explain more once I have made it home from work... until then here is my code:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
; GUI section starts here:
$Form1 = GUICreate("M47 Tool", 460, 166, 287, 223)
GUISetFont(10, 800, 0, "Franklin Gothic Medium Cond")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Close_M47_Tool")
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput(". . .", 176, 72, 265, 25)
$AddButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add", 176, 112, 121, 41)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent ( -1, "Add_M47")
$RemoveButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove", 320, 112, 121, 41)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, "Remove_M47")
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Drag and Drop File here:", 16, 72, 143, 21)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("This tool will add the M47 code to your programs", 98, 8, 281, 21)
Local $LSTtoEDIT
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
; GUI section ends here.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
While 1

WEnd

Func Close_M47_Tool()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func Add_M47()
    Local $Find = "M0"
    Local $Replace = "WORKING SO FAR"
    $ReadInput1 = GUICtrlRead($Input1)
    _FileReadToArray ($ReadInput1, $LSTtoEDIT)
        _ArrayToString ($LSTtoEDIT)
        _ReplaceStringInFile ($ReadInput1, $Find, $Replace, 0, 0)
EndFunc

Func Remove_M47()
    Local $Find = "WORKING SO FAR"
    Local $Replace = "M0"
    _FileReadToArray ($ReadInput1, $LSTtoEDIT)
        _ArrayToString ($LSTtoEDIT)
        _ReplaceStringInFile ($ReadInput1, $Find, $Replace, 0, 0)
Exit
EndFunc

Alrighty, so here's what I'm needing help with. I need to be able to take a .lst file (basically a .txt file) and search for the M0 that occurs in the file. The thing is the line will look like so:

N24M08
N25M67

N26M0

N27M45

...without the colors or boldness of course

(1)The numbers in red will not always be the same, so i need a way to find this line even if its: N34M0 or N500M0

(2)The _ReplaceStringInFile picks up strings such as the one in purple due to it containing M0 within it when I need it to seek out only lines that contain exactly N**M0 (*=whatever number this may be)

Can anyone shed some light :idea:  on this for me?

please and thank you

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

i would do this:

Func Add_M47()
    Local $Find = "M0"
    Local $Replace = "WORKING SO FAR"
    $file=FileRead($ReadInput1)
    $file=StringReplace($file,$Find&@CRLF,$Replace&@CRLF)
    $open=FileOpen($ReadInput1,2)
    FileWrite($open,$file)
    FileClose($open)
EndFunc

E

Edit: this works for all "M0" at end of line.

Edit: line breaks are also possible by only @cr or @lf, but mostly @crlf

Edited by Edano

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

Maybe I should explain exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.

Example:

Say we have a .lst file that looks like this=

N01M67
N02M34
N03M02
N04M11
N05M0
N06M12

I need the code to edit it as such=

N01M67
N02M34
N03M02
N04M11
N04.1M47
N05M0
N06M12

in g-code (which is machine code for punches, presses, etc) an N stands for a block of code (a flag if you will), and this particular machine uses a list of codes to process certain functions such as M67 might open its clamps, or M11 might increase pressure during punching.

I need the script to find the M0 code on whatever N block it may be on whether its N24 or N01 and add a new block above it containing the M47 code while taking the N blocks number (in the example given it is N05) and reducing it by .9 so that

N24M0

Would become:

N23.1M47

N24M0

I have to retain the M0 code and ADD the M47 code directly above it whilst also making the N block's number .9 less than the N block for the M0 code.

I know this is possible, but I cannot find the proper way to accomplish it, and yes have and am still tearing through the help file and checking old posts here at the forum (some are very old lol)

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

• Moderators

Wombat,

I did something very similar to this a while ago when I was asked to amend the code for a large routing machine making kitchen cabinets. I needed to intercept and modify the code between the pattern software script producer and the router itself. It worked but alas the modifications requested did not have the required effect on the overall speed of the process. This looks a very similar task. :)

Let me dig out the code, see how I did it then and look at how it can be modified - can you wait until tomorrow? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I can wait til whenever, I'm using it as a simple tool for our machinists to quickly and effortlessly add this code to their programs. Thank you for the reply btw

Just look at us.

• Moderators

Wombat,

That was easier than I remembered. I hope this does the trick: ;)

#include <Array.au3>

; Simulate reading the file into an array
$sText = "N01M67" & @CRLF & _
        "N24M08" & @CRLF & _
        "N24M0" & @CRLF & _
        "N04M11" & @CRLF & _
        "N05M0" & @CRLF & _
        "N06M12"
$aLines = StringSplit($sText, @CRLF, 1)

_ArrayDisplay($aLines, "Original")

For $i = UBound($aLines) - 1 To 1 Step -1 ; Loop upwards through the array to maintain the index values
    ; Read current line
    $sLine = $aLines[$i]
    ; Check for M0 at end of line
    If StringRegExp($sLine, "^.*M0$") Then
        ; Extract digits and subtract 0.9
        $nDigits = Number(StringRegExpReplace($sLine, "^\D+(\d+)M0$", "$1")) - 0.9
        ; Insert new line  at current point and increase line count
        _ArrayInsert($aLines, $i, "N" & $nDigits & "M47")
        $aLines[0] += 1
        ; Display amended array
        _ArrayDisplay($aLines, "Inserted")
    EndIf

Next

; Final result
_ArrayDisplay($aLines, "Final")
For me that fires on the lines N24M0 and N05M0, but does not fire for N24M08.

Good enough? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@M23 - very slick

If I may, you might want to normalize EOL's before the stringsplit like this

$str = StringRegExpReplace($str, '\R', @CRLF)

P.S. I coded another solution but it is embarrassed to be seen by yours.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

$str = StringRegExpReplace($str, 'R', @CRLF)

Did you know that already? Or have you been paying attention? Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

guinness,

I dug it out of the topic you have in the Examples section.

edit: Hopefully I'm always paying attention.  Something you want to tell me? :bye:

Edited by kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

As a one-liner:

EDIT: removed Number() as it isn't useful.

Local $s = "N01M67" & @CRLF & "N02M34" & @CRLF & "N03M02" & @CRLF & "N04M11" & @CRLF & "N05M0" & @CRLF & "N06M12" & @CRLF

$t = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($s, "(?m)(N\d+M\d+\R)N(\d+)(M0\R)", "$1N' & StringFormat('%04.1f', $2 - 0.9) & 'M47" & @CRLF & "N$2$3") & "'")

ConsoleWrite($t)
Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

As a one-liner:

Local $s = "N01M67" & @CRLF & "N02M34" & @CRLF & "N03M02" & @CRLF & "N04M11" & @CRLF & "N05M0" & @CRLF & "N06M12" & @CRLF

$t = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($s, "(?m)(N\d+M\d+\R)N(\d+)(M0\R)", "$1N' & StringFormat('%04.1f', Number($2) - 0.9) & 'M47" & @CRLF & "N$2$3") & "'")

ConsoleWrite($t)

*sigh* The code I wrote just booked passage out of the country...

- Sir Winston Churchill

Something you want to tell me? :bye:

Just happy!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

How would I make it so that it only looks for the first M0 in the file and adds the M4 above it and not any others?

Also, this did not write anything to the console:

Func Add_M47()
    _FileReadToArray ($ReadInput1, $sText)
    $t = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sText, "(?m)(N\d+M\d+\R)N(\d+)(M0\R)", "$1N' & StringFormat('%04.1f', $2 - 0.9) & 'M47" & @CRLF & "N$2$3") & "'")
    ConsoleWrite($t)
EndFunc

Sorry for the short posts, I'm working on this while working on the machine as well. Thank you all for being so very helpful, I really do appreciate it!

Just look at us.

It's a matter of specifying that you want only 1 replacement done:

Func Add_M47()
    Local $ReadInput1 = GUICtrlRead($Input1)
    Local $sText = FileRead($ReadInput1)
    Local $sTextM47 = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sText, "(?m)(N\d+M\d+\R)N(\d+)(M0\R)", "$1N' & StringFormat('%04.1f', $2 - 0.9) & 'M47" & @CRLF & "N$2$3", 1) & "'")
    MsgBox(0, "Only first M47 added", $sTextM47)
    ; do whatever you want with the modified text
EndFunc

This code processes the text as a single block. It doesn't load lines into an array.

ConsoleWrite only writes data to the Scite console for uncompiled scripts. This MsgBox should work better for you, provided your text is not too long to fit in the box.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I just forgot to mention that this code won't work if the M0 line is the very first line in the file.

If that is an issue, just add a question mark in the pattern after the first capture, like that:

Func Add_M47()
    Local $sTextM47 = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sText, "(?m)(N\d+M\d+\R)?N(\d+)(M0\R)", "$1N' & StringFormat('%04.1f', $2 - 0.9) & 'M47" & @CRLF & "N$2$3", 1) & "'")
EndFunc

I just forgot to mention that this code won't work if the M0 line is the very first line in the file.

If that is an issue, just add a question mark in the pattern after the first capture, like that:

Func Add_M47()
    Local $sTextM47 = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sText, "(?m)(N\d+M\d+\R)?N(\d+)(M0\R)", "$1N' & StringFormat('%04.1f', $2 - 0.9) & 'M47" & @CRLF & "N$2$3", 1) & "'")
EndFunc

It wont be, and thank you for the condensed version. Now to implement test, debug, and returns with the results :)

Just look at us.

Here's what I've got so far:

#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
$GUI = GUICreate("M47 Tool", 509, 136, 340, 175)
GUISetIcon("C:\prog_res\Lab\test_res\config.ico", -1)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 92, 56, 329, 21)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Use this tool to add or remove the M47 code from a program", 11, 16, 486, 24)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add M47", 88, 88, 161, 41)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Add_M47")
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove M47", 260, 88, 161, 41)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Remove_M47")
$Icon1 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("C:\prog_res\Lab\test_res\SysReqMet.ico", -1, 64, 56, 24, 24)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Program does contain M47")
$Icon2 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("C:\prog_res\Lab\test_res\Error.ico", -1, 40, 56, 24, 24)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Program does not contain M47")
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 440, 48, 49, 41, $BS_ICON)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "C:\prog_res\Lab\test_res\reload%2032.ico", -1)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Reload Tool")
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Tool_Reload")
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("?", 456, 104, 33, 25, $BS_PUSHBOX)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFF00)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Open the Help file")
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 4)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Open_Help")
Local $sText
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
; GUI section ends here.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
While 1

WEnd

Func Input_Prog_Check(); Checks the program for the M47 code and displays either an error icon or success icon

EndFunc

Func Close_M47_Tool(); CLoses the Tool
    Exit
EndFunc

Func Add_M47(); This function adds the M47 code to the program
    FileDelete ($ReadInput1)
        FileWrite ($ReadInput1, $sTextM47)
EndFunc

Func Remove_M47(); This function removes the M47 code from the program

EndFunc

Func Tool_Reload(); This function clears the $ReadInput1 var
    GUICtrlSetData ($Input1, "")
EndFunc

Func Open_Help(); The function opens the help file to aid the user in adding or removing the M47 code

EndFunc

Next, I need to know if there is, and if so how, anyway to make Input1 get the file path via dragging and dropping a file onto it?

As well as, how can I make it check the .lst for the M47 code immediately after the data for it is changed so that the tool can inform the user whether it already has it or not?

Edit: also, that code does exactly what I need it to!

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.

So I figured out the Drag and Drop (with the >help of Melba23, thank you for everything you do here!)

#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
$GUI = GUICreate("M47 Tool", 509, 136, 340, 175, Default, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 92, 56, 329, 21)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Use this tool to add or remove the M47 code from a program", 11, 16, 486, 24)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add M47", 88, 88, 161, 41)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Add_M47")
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove M47", 260, 88, 161, 41)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Remove_M47")
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 440, 48, 49, 41, $BS_ICON)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "C:\prog_res\Lab\test_res\reload%2032.ico", -1)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Reload Tool")
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Tool_Reload")
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("?", 456, 104, 33, 25, $BS_PUSHBOX)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xD4D0C8)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Open the Help file")
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 4)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Open_Help")
$Graphic1 = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(48, 48, 40, 41)
GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_ELLIPSE, 5, 4, 30, 31)
$cDrop_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy()
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_On_Drop")
Local $sText
Global $aDrop_List
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
; GUI section ends here.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Register $WM_DROPFILES function to detect drops anywhere on the GUI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
GUIRegisterMsg(0x233, "On_WM_DROPFILES") ; $WM_DROPFILES
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
While 1

WEnd

Func _On_Drop() ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    For $i = 1 To $aDrop_List[0]
        GUICtrlSetData($Input1, $aDrop_List[$i])
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_On_Drop

Func Input_Prog_Check(); Checks the program for the M47 code and displays either an error icon or success icon

EndFunc

Func Close_M47_Tool(); CLoses the Tool
    Exit
EndFunc

Func Add_M47(); This function adds the M47 code to the program
    FileDelete ($ReadInput1)
        FileWrite ($ReadInput1, $sTextM47)
EndFunc

Func Remove_M47(); This function removes the M47 code from the program

EndFunc

Func Tool_Reload(); This function clears the $ReadInput1 var
    GUICtrlSetData ($Input1, "")
EndFunc

Func Open_Help(); The function opens the help file to aid the user in adding or removing the M47 code
$Form2 = GUICreate("Form2", 665, 834, 484, 50)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Help_window_close")
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("M47 Help Window", 225, 8, 215, 33)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 18, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xA0A0A4)
$Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\prog_res\Lab\test_res\ScreenCap.bmp", 8, 56, 649, 363)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("1:  Indicates that the loaded program contains the M47 code", 59, 472, 476, 25)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Franklin Gothic Medium")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFF0000)
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("2:  Indicates that the Loaded Program does not contain the M47 code", 59, 519, 544, 25)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("3:  Use this button to add the M47 code", 59, 566, 312, 25)
$Label5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("4:  Use this button to remove the M47 code", 59, 613, 338, 25)
$Label6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("5:  Use this button to access the Help Window", 59, 660, 359, 25)
$Label7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("6:  Use this button to reset the M47 Tool Window", 59, 707, 382, 25)
$Label8 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("7:   Either type in the full path, or drag and drop the file here", 59, 754, 644, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
EndFunc

Func Help_window_close()
    GUIDelete ("M47 Help Window")
EndFunc

; React to items dropped on the GUI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Func On_WM_DROPFILES($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ; Credit to ProgAndy for DLL calls
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $lParam
    Local $iSize, $pFileName
    ; Get number of files dropped
    Local $aRet = DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "DragQueryFileW", "hwnd", $wParam, "int", 0xFFFFFFFF, "ptr", 0, "int", 0)
    ; Reset array to correct size
    Global $aDrop_List[$aRet[0] + 1] = [$aRet[0]]
    ; And add item names
    For $i = 0 To $aRet[0] - 1
        $aRet = DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "DragQueryFileW", "hwnd", $wParam, "int", $i, "ptr", 0, "int", 0)
        $iSize = $aRet[0] + 1
        $pFileName = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & $iSize & "]")
        DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "DragQueryFileW", "hwnd", $wParam, "int", $i, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($pFileName), "int", $iSize)
        $aDrop_List[$i + 1] = DllStructGetData($pFileName, 1)
        $pFileName = 0
    Next
    ; Send the count to trigger the drop function in the main loop
    GUICtrlSendToDummy($cDrop_Dummy, $aDrop_List[0])
EndFunc   ;==>On_WM_DROPFILES;;;; credit: Melba23

This really is a hidden jewel of a community

Now all i need help with is how to search the file to see if the M47 code is already in the file...

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.

Do you intend for this to work for future versions of AutoIt?

UDF List: