Create Array

Good evening, maybe I just sleep but I do not know / remember how to assign the contents of one variable to another variable.
Let me give an example to better explain:

global $ minni1 = "hello"
global $ minni2 = "how"

for $ i = 1 to 40
$pippo[1] [$ i] = $minni&$i (where I want to assign to the array $ foo the value of the variable compound)
Next

I tried that, but I assign the array name $minni1 , $minni2 and not its content, I tried to assign .... but does not work.

How can I make.

I have to create the Array $pippo with values ​​ranging from $pippo [1] [1] to $pippo [8] [40], not to create hundreds of rows full of brackets and quotes I thought I'd use this trick but .... does not work, I can not assign the contents of the variable "compound" to the array.

If there are other ways to create multidimensional arrays "simply", who knows so kind as to tell me how to do it?

thanks

Alberto

Buonasera, forse ho solo sonno io ma non so/ricordo come assegnare il contenuto di una variabile ad un'altra variabile.
Faccio un esempio per spiegarmi meglio :

global $minni1 ="ciao"
global $minni2="come"

for $i = 1 to 40
$pippo[1][$i]=$minni&$i (dove io all'array $pippo voglio assegnare il valore della variabile composta)
Next

Ho provato così ,ma mi assegna all'array il nome $minni1,$minni2 e non il suo contenuto; ho provato con assign.... ma non funziona.

Come posso fare.

Io devo creare l'Array $Pippo con valori che vanno da $pippo[1][1] a $pippo[8][40] ; per non creare centinaia di righe piene di parentesi quadre e di virgolette ho pensato di usare questo trucco ma .... non funziona, non riesco assegnare il contenuto della variabile "composta" all'array.

Se ci sono altri metodi per creare degli array multidimensionali "semplicemente" , chi lo sa è così cortese da dirmi come si fa ?

Grazie

Thank You

Alberto

---------------------------------------------------

I am translate with Google.

Why don't you use an array for $minni as well?

Global $minni[100] = ["hello", "how"]
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Water Thanks, but I have to create a two-dimensional array, and a Fourth Dimensional.
There 'not a simpler method that is listed in the example of the manual.
An example of my four-dimensional array is:

$pippo[5] [4] [50] [3]

If I create it as shown in the manual crazy.

Are there any alternative methods?

thanks

Alberto

Grazie Water, ma io devo creare un array Bidimensionale e uno Quadridimensionale.

Non c'e' mica un metodo piu semplice di quello elencato nell'esempio del manuale.
Un esempio del mio array quadridimensionale è :

$pippo[5][4][50][3]

Se lo creo come indicato sul manuale impazzisco.

Ci sono dei metodi alternativi ??

Grazie

Alberto

Thank You

Alberto

Perhaps this will get you started.

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aQuestion[4] = ["hello", "how", "are", "you"] ; assign and declare 1D array

Local $asArray[4][40] ; only declare 2D array

For $i = 0 To 3
    For $j = 0 To 39
        $asArray[$i][$j] = $aQuestion[$i] & $j
    Next
Next
_ArrayDisplay($asArray)

trescon,

I thought I'd use this trick but .... does not work, I can not assign the contents of the variable "compound" to the array.

If you are determine to use dynamically created variables (good luck trouble shooting) it can be done like this

;
#include <array.au3>
;

; create 20 vars using assign

for $1 = 1 to 20
    assign('myvar' & $1,'element' & $1)
Next

; populate array

local $array[21]

for $1 = 1 to 20

$array[$1] = eval('myvar' & $1)

Next

_arraydisplay($array)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Water Thanks, but I have to create a two-dimensional array, and a Fourth Dimensional.

There 'not a simpler method that is listed in the example of the manual.

An example of my four-dimensional array is:

$pippo[5] [4] [50] [3]

If I create it as shown in the manual crazy.

Are there any alternative methods?

It is possible that some easier method exists, but look at what you're asking: you want this 4D array with 5 * 4 * 50 * 3 (that is 3000) elements be initialized without having to supply initialization values?

If we refer to your title, creating the $pippo array is exactly the line you show above. Right after creation it contains only empty strings in its 3000 cells. If you want it to hold meaningful data you obviously have to supply 3000 values (or less if you want). What is your data source looking like? Is it a flat file, result of computations, output from a database, what else?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

The data imserisco I them manually, in practice the array it is a table that contains fixed values.

The four dimensions identify the value that I must return to varificarsi of individual dimensions values 4

----------

I dati li imserisco io manualmente, in pratica l'array e' una tabella che contiene dei valori fissi.

Le quattro dimensioni identificano il valore che mi deve restituire al varificarsi dei 4 valori delle singole dimensioni

Thank You

Alberto

In practice, upon the occurrence of any of the various possibilities do I have to have a very precise reply from the array.

If you know tell me a better way and less complicated to have a very precise output based on the selected parameters from 4 inputs entered by those who use the program.

Thank you

------------

In pratica al verificarsi di ognuna delle varie possibilita devo avere una ben precisa risposta dall 'array.

Se voi sapete indicarmi un metodo migliore e meno complicato per avere un output ben preciso in base a 4 parametri selezionati da degli input inseriti da chi usa il programma.

Grazie

Thank You

Alberto

Here is how you should declare and initialize a 2D and a 4D array:

Local $a2D[2][3] = [ _
    [1, 2, 3], _
    [4, 5, 6] _
]
_ArrayDisplay($a2D)

Local $a4D[2][3][3][2] = [ _
    [ _
        [[1, 2], [3, 4], [5, 6]], _
        [[7, 8], [9, 10], [11, 12]], _
        [[13, 14], [15, 16], [17, 18]] _
    ], _
    [ _
        [[19, 20], [21, 22], [23, 24]], _
        [[25, 26], [27, 28], [29, 30]], _
        [[31, 32], [33, 34], [35, 36]] _
    ] _
]

I must misunderstand the Google emasculation of your question.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I must misunderstand the Google emasculation of your question.

Yes, been looking at this on and off to try to get the sense of it.

@trescon - If the arrays are static (not changing) then what jchd suggests is simple enough.

If they will change periodically, you can devise a way to load them from files or a database using loops.

kylomas

edit: spelling

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Good morning, and if I create a 1 d array where the array weight accegno 4 D on the individual digits of the 1 d.

Let me explain

$pippo [1] [3] [2] [6] I mean it like it $pippo [1326]

Should always have the link array match the values in the same way.

Right?

So I create an array only and also much more easy to configure.

Critical aspect and tips

Thank you

Alberto

Thank You

Alberto

>_<  No. That's wrong.

1 x 3 x 2 x 6 = 36

$pippo [36]

$pippo [1] [3] [2] [6] can also be created as a 3D array $pippo [3] [2] [6]

Have you tried the examples posted earlier?

I understand what you are saying, but it's the wrong way to think about it. You should avoid making the array larger than the size you actually need.

Edited by czardas

My Itallian is just fine :). What he wants is something like this:

#include <Array.au3>

Global $minni04 = "si"
Global $minni01 = "come"
Global $minni112 = "ciao"
Global $minni12 = "fai!"
Global $minni13 = "presto"
Global $minni03 = "non"
Global $minni05 = "parla"
Global $minni10 = "fai"
Global $minni02 = "mai"
Global $minni04 = "si"
Global $minni010 = "l'inglese"
;~ ...

Local $pippo[2][41]

For $i = 0 To 1
    For $j = 0 To 40
        $pippo[$i][$j] = Eval("minni" & $i & $j)
    Next
Next

_ArrayDisplay($pippo)

Why does he want that is beyond me and Italian who doesn't know English just isn't right :P

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Why does he want that is beyond me and Italian who doesn't know English just isn't right :P

LOL It took me a while for me to figure it out myself, and I see exactly how you came to the conclusion. :D

@trescon Si prega di rispondere quando la gente offrire aiuto. Utilizzare Google translate. :)

Edited by czardas

trancexx,

You may be right but I question the actual need just as you do. I bet that if/when we get a clue at what this construction is aimed to then we'll provide a completely different and cleaner way.

Perhaps this will get you started.

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aQuestion[4] = ["hello", "how", "are", "you"] ; assign and declare 1D array

Local $asArray[4][40] ; only declare 2D array

For $i = 0 To 3
    For $j = 0 To 39
        $asArray[$i][$j] = $aQuestion[$i] & $j
    Next
Next
_ArrayDisplay($asArray)

I'm sorry, but I took a quick look but not thorough.

Now looking closely it seems to me that it is not feasible with a 4D though with very complicated code.

Anyway, thank you, you always learn from the suggestions.

Alberto

Scusa, ma avevo dato un'occhiata veloce ma non approfondita.

Ora guardando attentamente mi sembra che non sia attuabile con un 4D se con complicando molto il codice.

Comunque grazie, dai suggerimenti si impara sempre.

Alberto

Thank You

Alberto

>_<  No. That's wrong.

1 x 3 x 2 x 6 = 36

$pippo [36]

I understand what you are saying, but it's the wrong way to think about it. You should avoid making the array larger than the size you actually need.

No, have not tried them but I tried to understand how they work and I do not seem to fit.

For the fact of having an array much larger than I could have, I agree with you, but I produce of a functional code with the skills I have, which are few.

I have to do the work here for 2 months, and I do not work the programmer, so the time I can devote to the development of software can be up to 30-40 minutes a day.

Thanks for letting me see it.

Alberto

NO, non le ho provate ma ho cercato di capire come funzionano e mi sembrano non adatte.

Per il fatto di avere un array molto più grande di quello che potrei avere, sono daccordo con te, ma io dei produrre un codice funzionale con le competenze in mio possesso, che sono poche.

Devo fare il lavoro da qui da 2 mesi, e io di lavoro non faccio il programmatore, quindi il tempo che posso dedicare allo sviluppo del software può essere al massimo 30-40 minuti al giorno.

Grazie per avermi fatto notare la cosa.

Alberto

Thank You

Alberto

>_<  No. That's wrong.

1 x 3 x 2 x 6 = 36

$pippo [36]

To complete the previous answer is to say that practically the array might look like this:

$ foo [5] [6] [70] [3]

Sorry if I have specified before.

Alberto

Thank You

Alberto

#include <Array.au3>

Global $minni04 = "si"
Global $minni01 = "come"
Global $minni112 = "ciao"
Global $minni12 = "fai!"
Global $minni13 = "presto"
Global $minni03 = "non"
Global $minni05 = "parla"
Global $minni10 = "fai"
Global $minni02 = "mai"
Global $minni04 = "si"
Global $minni010 = "l'inglese"
;~ ...

Local $pippo[2][41]

For $i = 0 To 1
    For $j = 0 To 40
        $pippo[$i][$j] = Eval("minni" & $i & $j)
    Next
Next

_ArrayDisplay($pippo)

Hello TRANCEXX, your solution strikes me.

It seems simple to apply and at the same time also seems to me easy to read and understand.

I will do the tests, but at the moment is the solution that I like the most '

thanks

Alberto

Salve TRANCEXX, la tua soluzione mi colpisce molto.

Mi sembra semplice da applicare e nel contempo mi sembra anche facile da leggere e capire.

Farò delle prove, ma al momento è la soluzione che mi piace di piu'

Grazie

Alberto

Thank You

Alberto