Get Name of control?

• Moderators

Have you tried getting the classname instead of name? Also, as you have blanked out the name of the program it is a little difficult to offer suggestions. Care to share the name of the app you're trying to manipulate? There may be a much easier way to accomplish what you're trying to do. If it is something private for work or something, feel free to PM.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thank you!

The problem is that the window has about 100 different control that have almost the same classname (only the instance is increasing). As most of the controls don't have any text the only thing that I can use to identify the control is actually the name.

• Moderators

Hence why knowing what application you try to automate is helpful :) The examples in the helpfile for ControlSend show how to target aspecific Iinstance of a control.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Application is WinCC flexible. Software to create GUIs for industrial computer.

My problem is, that I want I need to find that specific control within the window. As the control does not have any text, the position and the size of the control is different the only way to find it, is readind all the control into an array and then getting then checking for the name. But how do I get the name...?