Tracking changing numbers

Alright im kinda new to autoit, i have downloaded the full tutorial book and im scripting something right now but i encountered a problem.

Basicly i have numbers in a window that keep changing, and would like to keep track of it, lets say the number is 5000/5000, i would like it to check the first number and and if it falls below lets say 4500/5000, if it does run jump to a other part in the script.

How should i go about doing this, i was thinking of pixel but that dosent track numbers. So i kinda hit a brickwall here.

Willing to take any info or links to helpfull posts or videos

Thanks

**Edit**

These numbers are not on the destop they are in a different window

The number on the left is the number that keeps changing, 5000/5000.

The number on the right is a number that will never change. 5000/5000

The right side numbers can go down to zero and back up to 5000 But it will never go over 5000.

Im looking for a way to track the right side numbers and once they go below 2700. Run the next part of the script.

2700/5000

If number <= 2700 Then

"runs this script"

Hope this gives a bit more info.

Edited by destluck

destluck,

Welcome to AutoIT!  If you have not read the forum rules you should take time to do so now.

Your post does not provide enough info for any kind of response.  Also, bumping your thread will tend to make peopple ignore you.  When someone reads your thread that understands what you are looking for then you will get a response.  Given that, it pays to provide as much info as possible, including what you have tried.

Good Luck,

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

here is a little example of what you are looking for:

$VariableName = 5000

While $VariableName >= 0
    ToolTip("$VariableName = " & $VariableName)
    If $VariableName = 5000 Then FunctionOne()
    If $VariableName = 3000 Then FunctionTwo()
    If $VariableName = 2000 Then FunctionThree()
    If $VariableName = 0 Then FunctionFinal()
    $VariableName = $VariableName - 200
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func FunctionOne()
    MsgBox(0, "FunctionOne", "You are in FunctionOne!")
EndFunc

Func FunctionTwo()
    MsgBox(0, "FunctionTwo", "You are in FunctionTwo!")
EndFunc

Func FunctionThree()
    MsgBox(0, "FunctionThree", "You are in FunctionThree!")
EndFunc

Func FunctionFinal()
    MsgBox(0, "FunctionFinal", "You are in FunctionFinal!")
EndFunc

thats all good but thats just a program to keep track on the 5000 number but it dosent actually keep track of the one on the screen that i want it to track.

its getting the script to track the actual changing of that number that i cant seem to figure out.

like have the script import the actual number that is in the window.

maybe i explained it badly before.

looks certainly like a game bot.

and since it is a game, there is no way to get the number out of the screen. it's certainly not a standard window control.

Edited by Edano

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

• Moderators

Destluck, as this looks very similar to your post in the thread by DoNotResist, which is game related, how about you tell us what application you're trying to manipulate and how it does NOT violate the forum rules. Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Alright im not sure if this goes againts the forum rules i did read them but dont see how it could go against is since im doing this as a way to inrich my scripting skills.

ok the game is ashen empires its a window screen as you can see here:

qsc1.jpg

what i am trying to do is find a way to keep track of my health 2930/2930

"Edano" it might look like cheating but its actually more for the learning purpose. there is no money to be made from what im doing just learning scripting and this is something that has bugged me for a long time.

Edited by destluck

hmmm so what would be my best bet then?

a bit new to this process and was hoping to unluck this problem so i can get along with my programming.

stay clean, don't cheat :)

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

• Moderators

You say you read the forum rules? Really?? Bullet point 4 states:

Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.

I will never understand why everyone believes the rules do not apply to them :thumbsdown:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

deatluck,

2 threads about gamebots in ome day is quite enough. Do NOT go for the hat-trick. And read the Forum rules (there is also a link at bottom right of each page) carefully before you post again. Our patience has limits and your luck has deinitely run out. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area