Jon

• Administrators

File Name: AutoIt v3.3.9.15 Beta

File Submitter: Jon

File Submitted: 04 Aug 2013

File Category: Beta

3.3.9.15 (4th August, 2013) (Beta)
AutoIt:
- Added: DriveGetType() updated so that it can detect SSD, and also bus types (SATA, USB, etc.).

UDFs:
- Added: Graphic SmoothingMode constants (GDIPlusConstants).
- Added: _GDIPlus_CustomLineCapCreate, _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0 functions.

- Changed: _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetSmoothingMode, _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode functions.

Click here to download this file

Jon,

FYI, DriveGetType correctly detects a set of 8 15Krpm SAS drives organized as 2 RAID arrays (Raid6 and Raid1) hooked to a top-notch Areca RAID controller (not a very common setup which I thought was worth testing). In fact I was merely testing Areca driver compliance with Win7 :thumbsup:

C: Fixed non SSD RAID
D: Fixed non SSD RAID
E: CDROM non SSD ATAPI
F: Removable non SSD USB
G: Removable non SSD USB

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I get SSD string returned for every of the drives on XP SP2 installed few hours ago from the DELL's reinstallation CD on a computer bought in Montenegro the other day and currently used on a boat in some third country :D. I won't have access to that comp after today so if you want me to test something Jon make it today.

There are two drives one SSD and other which is not. SSD which I had in my purse is mine and I connected it using red cable after kind gentlemans that make me company for the past few weeks unscrewed side panel of this rather ordinarily looking PC chassis.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• Administrators

I get SSD string returned for every of the drives on XP SP2 installed few hours ago from the DELL's reinstallation CD on a computer bought in Montenegro the other day and currently used on a boat in some third country :D. I won't have access to that comp after today so if you want me to test something Jon make it today.

There are two drives one SSD and other which is not. SSD which I had in my purse is mine and I connected it using red cable after kind gentlemans that make me company for the past few weeks unscrewed side panel of this rather ordinarily looking PC chassis.

Weird. I can foresee some situation where SSD isn't returned on some older SSDs (it's not a totally exact science on older drives). But for it to definately return SSD is unexplained.  Could you try a couple of tests please:

1. Try using a physical disk number rather than a volume name  (DriveGetType(0, 2)    DriveGetType(1, 2)   etc)

2. The "backup" check for SSD only works as administrator, so if you logon using a non admin account then that check will not fire, so see what output that gives.

Cheers.

Weird. I can foresee some situation where SSD isn't returned on some older SSDs (it's not a totally exact science on older drives). But for it to definately return SSD is unexplained. Could you try a couple of tests please:

1. Try using a physical disk number rather than a volume name (DriveGetType(0, 2) DriveGetType(1, 2) etc)

2. The "backup" check for SSD only works as administrator, so if you logon using a non admin account then that check will not fire, so see what output that gives.

Cheers.

Using physical disk number I get two "SSD" strings. If that number represents what I think it is then that's consistent with the earlier results.

There is only one account and that's mine (admin).

If I use drive letters like originally I did then "SSD" is returned even for H: (with or without backslash) too which is DVD RW drive.

C: is SSD and XP is on F: which is on non-SSD.

edit: And help file examples look kind of weird, they miss "open this script" and instead have some undefined thing at that place. I took screenshot and when and if I figure out how to upload it from there I will post it. Damn thing won't connect to my phone.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Well I suppose optical disks are solid state. They have no moving parts.

Same as floppies: disk and head(s). No moving parts, are you sure?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

You mean the setup where there's a normal notebook HDD, then a small (32 gig-ish) SSD in some kind of RAID configuration that's used as a cache drive through Intel's RST? Then yes, I have access to some HP 9470m's with that setup.

I do have a Seagate hybrid as well and it's correctly profiled (again under W7).

Still they have a rotor motor spinning them and a motor to place head(s) at the required place. Optical or magnetic or hydro-plutonic is just a technological variation and many HDD are not magnetic only.

Don't forget that CD/DVD drives focus the laser by moving the laser module up and down inside the assembly that holds it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator