Code Scanner

RTFC

Nice.

In my SciTE Customization GUI this was identified as a potential issue: GUICtrlCreateTabItem("SciTE 1").  As far as I know that's the correct way to use this function.

Also identified this as a potential issue:

_ToolTip_SetText(-1,    "If this setting is not empty, typing any of the characters will cause autocompletion to complete. "   & _
                      "For example, if autocomplete.python.fillups=( and the API file for Python contains 'string.replace' " & _
                      "then typing 'string.r(' will cause 'string.replace(' to be inserted. The * form is used if there is " &  _
                      "no lexer specific setting.", "AutoComplete Fillups")

Which I understand is also the correct use of this function.

Also, to get ready for future AutoIt versions then this should recognize #pragma amongst other things.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

• Moderators

RTFC,

PS can anyone explain to me how to get access to the rich text editor for posts? I can't find any such switch (as suggested in the posting help) in My Settings. Or is this a privilege to be earned?

Click on the button at the top-left of the editor pane - the onlt active button on basic mode - that toggles rich edit and basic modes. As far as I know it is available to everyone - only access to the "Chat" forum and the "Edit" button are post-count related. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Nice concept/idea. My advice would be declare Global variables outside of functions i.e. at the top of the script, as it could lead to an abundance of problems in the future if you're not careful.

Edit: Also I notice you've hard coded the native AutoIt functions in your script, these will soon be changed around (in the up and coming beta) therefore have a look at >> '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

@jabberwocky6669: thanks a lot for the reply (another first today). Naturally, I've mainly tested on my own scripts and a few downloaded UDFs, so there will be many isssues it does not correctly handle. Please don't take the output as more than a potential issue. I'll see if I can fix it so it will deal with your point correctly in future. It may take a few days though.

@Firefox: thank you

@guinness: You're right (as usual, been reading a lot of your posts in the past); and the listing of globals it produces when it analyses itself means I've got no excuse for not extracting those declarations. :) It's still in beta though, and I'm quite lazy re. tidying up code I'm still tinkering with. Re. Autoit functions, I'll check out that link tomorrow; was wondering whether there is a better way. Thanks for the suggestion.

@Melba23: Much obliged for the explanation; I must have misunderstood the Help text then. And BTW, after reading a few hundred threads on this forum, I'm always struck by how friendly and welcoming you are, even with less than courteous customers. Pretty impressive.

My Contributions and Wrappers

In the link I supplied there is code to parse au3.api, which contains a list of functions, macros, keywords used in whatever AutoIt release that was supplied with.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Yeah, I just had a quick look at it, that's exactly what I would need to make it incorporate future language changes. Also, it looks like you beat me to it. Very useful UDFs, of which I was unfortunately completely unaware. So would it be alright for me to incorporate your APIparser into the scanner, with full attribution/accreditation, of course?

So would it be alright for me to incorporate your APIparser into the scanner, with full attribution/accreditation, of course?

Of course you can, a link back to the original is the minimum I ask for, just in case I decide to update.

UDF List:

RTFC
$AutoItIncludeFolder=FileSelectFolder("CODE SCANNER: Please identify the AutoIt Include folder", @ProgramFilesDir)
You limit the user in the folder in which there is no AutoIt3

$AutoItIncludeFolder=FileSelectFolder("CODE SCANNER: Please identify the AutoIt Include folder", '', 0, @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3')
MsgBox(0, 'Path', _GetAutoItPath())

Func _GetAutoItPath()
    Local $sPath = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir")
    If @error Or Not FileExists($sPath) Then $sPath = @ProgramFilesDir
    Return $sPath
EndFunc   ;==>_GetIncludePath
$AutoItIncludeFolder=FileSelectFolder("CODE SCANNER: Please identify the AutoIt Include folder", '', 0, _GetAutoItPath())

Func _GetAutoItPath()
    Local $sPath = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir")
    If @error Or Not FileExists($sPath) Then $sPath = @ProgramFilesDir
    Return $sPath
EndFunc   ;==>_GetIncludePath
Edited by AZJIO

I'm with Azjio on this, although his fix doesn't work for me completely. I don't have AutoIt installed on any computer, I use a portable version, so there's no registry setting for its path. Instead of defaulting to @ProgramFilesDir, I'd use the CLSID for My Computer "::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}", this way the FileSelectFolder opens there instead of a default location you can't get out of.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@AZJIO and @BrewmanNH:

Thanks for alerting me to this, had no idea this could even be an issue. Afterimplementing guinness's helpful suggestion and reorganising+adding functionality for globals, I'll be testing the new release over the next few days (my codes always becomes wobbly for a bit after such refits). I'll definitely look into the CLSID solution, looks like the way to go.

@jabberwocky6669: we must be using different versions of AutoIT (me 3.3.8.1, you perhaps the newest beta?) My AU3check fails on your supplied example too. Guinness's solution of extracting keywords and function names directly from the api should fix this, so the scanner will always reflect a user's current work environment. This way it will also flag script-breaking changes for different releases if a user changes environment but leaves their code as is. As soon as the patient stops throwing its toys out of the pram I'll update the original upload (may take a few days).

@melba23: just upgraded to Firefox 23, but still no RTE button (or indeed any button) to be found on my screen, I'm afraid. :( It's probably my total lack of experience with forum software, but all I see is a resizeable empty white square, with the three post options in the righthand bar (plus topic poll link) and attachfiles button underneath. I could attach a screenshot of an empty white square, of course... I must be missing something obvious. The lightswitch-like icon shown in the Help page on Posting with the legend "This will toggle between RTE and Standard modes" is definitely absent. Is that the one you meant?

Edited by RTFC

• Moderators

RTFC,

The button to which I am referring is shown by the lower red arrow in this thread and I am at a loss as to why you cannot see it. All I do is click in the "big white square" under the "Reply to this topic" text - or press the "Use Full Editor" button below it - and the various tool buttons appear. But I use IE - perhaps a FireFox user can better inform you on how it is rendered there. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

@Melba23: Well, I've finally done what I should have tested before, which is to try with explorer, and lo and behold, buttons galore! So it must be firefox-related (they've been fiddling a lot with selective Javascript blocking lately, perhaps this is related). Anyway, not much of a fan of IE, so I'll delve into the firefox settings to try and figure it out. If I find the cause I'll report it in this thread, because I suspect more first-time posters might encounter this situation.

Nevertheless, thanks again for lending me your ear.

• Moderators

RTFC,

If I find the cause I'll report it in this thread

I would rather you posted in "Chat" (which as you now have 5 posts should be available to you) - that way more people will see it. ;)

M23

Spoiler

Did you upload a new version?

UDF List:

@guinness: No, not yet; it's written, but your suggestion to clean up the globals prompted me to make this a code-scanner option, i.e., identify all globals defined solely inside UDFs and produce a separate declaration list, but it's not behaving as it should yet. As soon as it's moderately stable I'll update the first post, but I'm also still struggling to get Firefox (the browser, not the forum member :)) to enable the Rich text Editor, so I can clearly label the updated version. It'll probably take me a few days to get there. But I appreciate the interest, and your _ParseAPI already works like a charm (patch and go, good stuff). Plus I can apparently now use Chat (remember this is my first-ever forum), so please bear with me. First gonna get some sleep now.

I meant clean up Globals in your own code not others. As to the Chat, I think Melba23 was referencing the issue you have with FireFox. Anything related to your code scanner can be posted here.

UDF List:

RTFC,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums! (I'm fairly new here, as well). In addition to using IE, I wanted to let you know that you can also use the more secure (than IE) Google Chrome browser, which will allow you to view all of the RTF buttons, etc. when composing a forum post here.