Switching between applications, once an application does an action

I am new to AUTOIT, and I have seen some of the wonderful things it can do when it comes to server administration and other automation scripts. I have a friend who wanted me to look into setting up a customer display for him, and I imagine AUTOIT is the best way to go about this. However, given my rookie status I have been unable to put together the right variables for this.

In summary ..

He has an application that activates and displays information on a monitor whenever a customer enters his store, however, within about thirty seconds the information dissapears ... in this meantime between customers he was wanting it to automatically display commericals (a set movie file on his computer that houses the software for customer information)

So I am trying to write a script that whenever a customer enters and it displays information, it will switch from commerical, back to the software, and then back to the commerical after an allotted time. But it only takes away from the commerical when the software executes the display customer info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is a roll-over tire tread checker. Company called "Treadspec" makes them .. but it is all handled through a windows computer that picks up information from the spec, reads it, then displays it to a monitor, all done through the treadspec software.

ummm, that is not what I asked -

You gave this requirement: "He has an application that activates and displays information on a monitor whenever a customer enters his store"

how does this work? Is it when the customer directly interacts with the PC in question or is there a remote sensor that makes the PC react?

Direct sensor ... when the customer drives the car into the garage, sorry if I misread.  The "sensor" is a tire tread checker on the ground. The customer rolls over.

The customer does not interact with it besides driving the car into the garage.

Edited by npruett89

no problem. If I remember right there is a UDF written to handle the media player. If we can find that we would have most of what we need. I'm thinking when the commercial needs to stop and start - the commercial needs to either restart at the beginning or if there are several commercials just have the medial player skip to the next one in the loop. Does that sound logical to you or do you foresee a downside?