New York Times - C Style Guide???

willichan

https://github.com/NYTimes/objective-c-style-guide

[sarcasm]

Hurrah!  The programming experts at the New York Times have published their style guide for C.

Start cleaning up your code folks.

[/sarcasm]

This was aparently written for Objective-C, but they want it to be adopted for all C-style languages.

That's right.  All this time, you thought turning to technical publications and fellow coders was the way to go, when in fact you should have been turning to a newspaper.

[can't seem to  /sarcasm]

What's so special about this? It's just some rules used by NYTimes to make sure their code base is following the same style.

This style guide outlines the coding conventions of the iOS team at The New York Times. 

It's far more important that everybody in a team follow the same conventions than that the code is 100 % correct from a philosophical standpoint (which of course isn't even objective(-c)). 

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

It's far more important that everybody in a team follow the same conventions than that the code is 100 % correct from a philosophical standpoint (which of course isn't even objective(-c)). 

I'll second this. Consistency is always the best, else reading/working on an existing codebase is arguably enough reason to suicide.

Ever wanted to call functions in another process? ProcessCall UDFConsole stuff: Console UDFC Preprocessor for AutoIt OMG

The Google style guides are interesting read, and the Facebook open-source code (folly) is nice to peruse although they don't have a style guide per se.  Still, Andrei Alexandrescu, who's a part of that team and author of Modern C++ Design, is an amazing talent from which alot can be learned about coding style.

I don't think I have ever been anywhere even close to what they want to see.  But then again, I have always had an aversion to newsprint on my fingertips.  It messes with the pizza sauce flavor.