Stop Button.

Go to solution Solved by Queener,

• Moderators

Hi, kynkracer, welcome to the forum. You need to tell the GUI to look for action on the button. Something like this:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $msg

GUICreate("Test", 300, 300)
$stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop!", 120, 60, 50, 17)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
            Select
                Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                    ExitLoop
                Case $msg = $stop
                    Exit
            EndSelect
    WEnd

GUIDelete()

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Open the help file, navigate to the section on GUICtrlCreateButton, and look at the example script in there. It will show you how to access it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi,

You will need to make an event on this button using the GUIGetMsg / GUICtrlSetOnEvent function.

In the function you will need the ProcessClose function (if it's for another application) otherwise use the Exit statement.

If you are stuck somewhere, let us know. Be sure to read the helpfile examples :)

Edit: How fast you are guys, I leave this forum now ! :D

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

JLogan, doesn't exit - exit the program instead of stopping the script?

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

• Moderators

What do you mean it doesn't exit? As I have it written, it does exit the script. If you're seeing something different, please post the full code you're using.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Solution

sorry i met to say doesn't it exit instead of stopping the script. Secondly, I'm not flaming this post, but stop and closing is totally different do you think? I would assume stopping the script would have something to do with exitloop and closing it would be exit.

Edited by asianqueen

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

• Moderators

The OP specifically stated - "How can i atribute to this button funcion to make exe file close?" and he marked it as the answer he wanted. So how did what I provided not do what he wanted?

Yes, the OP could also use ExitLoop - but as he didn't say anything about exiting the While loop and doing something else, why would Exit not be an option?

Edited by JLogan3o13

Yup that's what i understood too, although the title may be a bit misleading.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

The OP specifically stated - "How can i atribute to this button funcion to make exe file close?" and he marked it as the answer he wanted. So how did what I provided not do what he wanted?

Yes, the OP could also use ExitLoop - but as he didn't say anything about exiting the While loop and doing something else, why would Exit not be an option?

No you're right... I'm just asking if what i'm saying is a true statement... Not saying why you provide a wrong answer to the title. Thats why I say not flaming... Just asking...

Edited by asianqueen