SCIte 1.64

jondolar

Hi

Newb here on Windows XP Pro SCIte 1.64 with the AutiIt install

I can run a sample script prom SCIte with F5, no problem. I would just like to know why:

1- my screen goes blank for about one second then,

2- I briefly see the DOS console then

3- I get back to SCIte and see the messagebox (sample script) on top of SCIte.

This does not happen when running the same sample script directly (double clicking on it)

Any possibility of going directly to 3 ;D ?

I tried the same scripts in Autoed. Worked perfectly

Here is the text of the SCIte output pane if it can be of any help:

>"D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "d:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Production\Au3Check\au3check.dat

>AU3Check Ended. No Error(s).

>Running: (3.1.1.0)biggrin.gif:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3"

Hope someone can help sad.gif

TIA

Serge

PS. The same question was asked a few days ago but produced no solution

• Developers

Hi

Newb here on Windows XP Pro SCIte 1.64 with the AutiIt install

I can run a sample script prom SCIte with F5, no problem. I would just like to know why: 

1- my screen goes blank for about one second then,

2- I briefly see the DOS console then

3- I get back to SCIte and see the messagebox (sample script) on top of SCIte.

This does not happen when running the same sample script directly (double clicking on it)

Any possibility of going directly to 3 ;D ?

I tried  the same scripts in Autoed. Worked perfectly

Here is the text of the SCIte output pane if it can be of any help:

>"D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "d:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

>Running: (3.1.1.0)biggrin.gif:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3"

Hope someone can help sad.gif

TIA

Serge

PS. The same question was asked a few days ago but produced  no solution

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not having this issue..

Could you try the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3 and see if that also has a command window popping up ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have the latest version 1.66 now. Same problem

Serge

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I said in your previous post on the same subject yesterday

Does this happen with all scripts. Surely double clicking on a script will only open it in SCIte and not execute it. If it only happens in one script it may be best to post the script as well.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

What is the deal with the biggrin.gif before the file name? I have never seen anything like that.

Edited by SerialKiller

What is the deal with the biggrin.gif before the file name? I have never seen anything like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emoticons were enabled. Thats what. The true ouput is:

>"d:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in >"D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "d:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

>Running: (3.1.1.0):D:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe >D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3

>AutoIT3.exe ended.

>Exit code: 0 Time: 15.582

Emoticons were enabled.  Thats what. The true ouput is:

>"d:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in >"D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "d:\AutoIt3" /UserParams   

>Running: (3.1.1.0):d:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe >D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3   

>AutoIT3.exe ended.

>Exit code: 0    Time: 15.582

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True Output? I am not convinced. Please do not alter it as errors or other issues cannot be recognized.

I think you may have a display driver problem? Or maybe a hardware problem, as the monitor goes blank for a second is very strange.

Go to Run in the Startmenu and enter this into it and run it. Just to see if it is the same result. Have Scite closed at that time.

D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "D:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

True Output? I am not convinced. Please do not alter it as errors or other issues cannot be recognized.

I think you may have a display driver problem? Or maybe a hardware problem, as the monitor goes blank for a second is very strange.

Go to Run in the Startmenu and enter this into it and run it. Just to see if it is the same result. Have Scite closed at that time.

D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "D:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After running again this morning this is the content on the output pan of SciTe:

>Running: (3.1.1.0):D:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3"

What you suggested running produce an error message. See screen capture attatched

Serge

Sorry, missing a double quote. Try this in the Run box:

"D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "D:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

It has the double quote to start the command. Please give results.

Sorry, missing a double quote. Try this in the Run box:

"D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\SampleControls.au3" /autoit3dir "D:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

It has the double quote to start the command. Please give results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Behave exactly like it is run from SciTe minus the SciTe Screen at the end:

Screen goes black

See briefly console

See the GUI

Serge

On that sample script opened in Scite. Add this to the top of it on a separate line.

#Compiler_Run_AU3Check=n

Then run it. See what results then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The addition of that line solved the entire problem i.e no black screen, no console, just the Mssagebox opened on top of the Script in SciTe.

This is the message of the output pan if your interested.

>"D:\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\msgbox.au3" /autoit3dir "d:\AutoIt3" /UserParams

>Running: (3.1.1.0):D:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\msgbox.au3"

>AutoIT3.exe ended.

>Exit code: 0 Time: 14.238

Now, what should I do to "normalize" SciTe bhaviour?

TIA

Serge

Well, that is Au3Check showing the console window on your system.

When you go into Tools in the menu of Scite, and run SyntaxCheck on that script. Does your monitor go black then?

Edit: JdeB, it there a override to disable Au3Check using F5 for this rare case?

Edited by MHz

Well, that is Au3Check showing the console window on your system.

When you go into Tools in the menu of Scite, and run SyntaxCheck on that script. Does your monitor go black then?

Edit: JdeB, it there a override to disable Au3Check using F5 for this rare case?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

F5 doesn't do it, Ctrl+F5 do it exactly as before even with the additional line.

Serge

• Developers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the easiest option is to rename au3check.exe.... :dance:

I have no idea why the CMD window is poping up when running AU3Check... :whistle:

EDIT: Only way i can get it to behave like this is when i change the properties/Compatibility of AU3CHECK.exe andchange the "Display settings" ...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i like the sig serial, what do you think of this one for me? too long?

%26%2367%3B%26%2397%3B%26%23109%3B%26%23101%3B%26%23114%3B%26%23111%3B%26%23110%3B%26%23115%3B%26%23100%3B%26%2397%3B%26%23100

EDIT: Only way i can get it to behave like this is when i change the properties/Compatibility of AU3CHECK.exe andchange the "Display settings" ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That does coincide with my mentioning a display driver issue earlier.

@jondolar

I think you should try to reinstall your display driver and check that the advanced options are at defaults. Renaming Au3Check.exe will remove the syntax checking, which would not be the best solution. Unless a bug is in Au3Check, that no one else has ever experienced or reported, then the problem maybe some setting in your Operating System or a bad driver.

That does coincide with my mentioning a display driver issue earlier.

@jondolar

I think you should try to reinstall your display driver and check that the advanced options are at defaults. Renaming Au3Check.exe will remove the syntax checking, which would not be the best solution. Unless a bug is in Au3Check, that no one else has ever experienced or reported, then the problem maybe some setting in your Operating System or a bad driver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

I work on a Fujitsu Laptop 1.5 years old, Windows XP Pro. The display driver has never been toutched and has all default settings. What OS setting would you suggest to look at?

TIA

Serge

Additional info:

If I use AutoEd instead of SciTe. Then F8 (run) works ok. F9 (Sintax check) behave like SciTe i.e. Black out screen , Console then back to AutoEd

Edited by jondolar