Scite Editor Autoit Settings

Jos

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

JdeB, I think the May 15 updated installer version of SciTE might be broken... ( http://www.hiddensoft.com/fileman/users/jdeb/setupscite.exe )

After installing, I try to run SciTE but get this error:

---------------------------
SciTE.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because MSVCRTD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. 
OK   

The previous installer worked fine.

Cyberslug,

:D When updating the au3.api and recompiling the installset for you, it pickup a test version like Valik pointed out...

Have recompiled the install set with the proper SciLexer now and uploaded it...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I am now a confirmed Scite addict

I love how you can bring up the page in the help file you need by clicking on the function and hitting F1 ... That totally rocks

Way to go Jdeb .... :D

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

• 1 month later...

Is this the official SciTE thread? :D

If I get no response I'll have to PM JdeB directly I guess.

Is it possible to set up a different Compile and Go key sequence so that someone can use SciTE to compile and run stable release AutoIt stuff and then also the Beta release AutoIt stuff?

Clear as mud?

I would like to be able to compile stuff using the stable AutoIt 3 release. I would also like to start playing around with the gui stuff, but that requires using the newest bleeding edge beta release of AutoIt. I was poking through the properties file of SciTE to try and see if I could figure out how to change the path to autoit so that I could co-mingle the standard version and the beta version. But I can only see one area where the Compile and Go commands are listed. :huh2:

How is everyone else using SciTE to compile/test/run beta autoit scripts? I'm pretty sure at least one person is using both the stable release of autoit along side of the beta release.

Raoul S. Duke: Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

• Developers

What i have done is added these lines to the USER Option file which will make the Alt+F5 the BETA Run and Alt+F7 the BETA Compile:

command.1.*.au3=C:\WINUTIL\AutoIt3\au3beta\autoit3.exe /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)"
command.name.1.*.au3=Run Debug 
command.save.before.1.*.au3=1
command.shortcut.1.*.au3=Alt+F5
command.2.*.au3=C:\WINUTIL\AutoIt3\au3beta\aut2exe.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.name.2.*.au3=Compile Debug
command.save.before.2.*.au3=1
command.shortcut.2.*.au3=Alt+F7

Ofcourse you need to update the target BETA path... :huh2:

Is this the official SciTE thread?  :D

Started a new one when 1.61 came out ... this one was getting much to long.. Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks. I added your user definitions and I think I know how they work now so I'll be able to add future ones should I need to. I was going to add one for the help file but I couldn't figure that out after 10 seconds of trying so I'm just going to manually (ugh :D ) open up the beta compressed HTML file.

Thanks again!

Raoul S. Duke: Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

• Developers

Thanks.  I added your user definitions and I think I know how they work now so I'll be able to add future ones should I need to.  I was going to add one for the help file but I couldn't figure that out after 10 seconds of trying so I'm just going to manually (ugh :D ) open up the beta compressed HTML file. 

Thanks again!

specs for opening another helpfile:

command.4.*.au3=$(CurrentWord)!C:\WINUTIL\AutoIt3\au3beta\autoit.chm

command.name.4.*.au3=Debug Help

command.subsystem.4.*.au3=4

command.shortcut.4.*.au3=Alt+F1

have fun...

EDIT: added $(CurrentWord) to have the Helpfile open at the page for the current Keyword/Function

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

EDIT: added $(CurrentWord) to have the Helpfile open at the page for the current Keyword/Function

lol

HA! I just found that and looked back to this post to update it and let ya know I figured it out and lo and behold...

Thanks again.

Just a quick question or two in relation to Scite:

In Crimson Editor, when there is a block of text selected and you then do a right mouse click on this text, you have menu options to "Increase Indentation" or "Decrease Indentation".

In Scite, I can just use the tab key to indent a selected block of code, but how would I decrease indentation for a selected block?

Also, how do you turn "auto indentation" on in Scite? Or perhaps you must have the indentation guides turned on for this feature to work??

Thanks for this nice package!

P.S. One thing I found useful was changing font settings to bold (and bigger). Makes the code more readable IMO.

Kendall

In Scite, I can just use the tab key  to indent a selected block of code, but how would I decrease indentation for a selected block?

Try Shift+Tab; it's a pretty standard keyboard shortcut for un-indenting.

Auto-indention should be in the SciTEGlobal.properties (or ScTE.properties) files accessible via the Options menu. Look for the entryindent.automatic=1 or create it if not present.

There might be other indention settings..... One setting says that if the previous line is indented, the next line is automatically indented; another setting automatically indents the first line following a "block statement" such as While, If, Func, etc.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

Just a quick question or two in relation to Scite:

In Crimson Editor, when there is a block of text selected and you then do a right mouse click on this text, you have menu options to "Increase Indentation" or "Decrease Indentation".

In Scite, I can just use the tab key  to indent a selected block of code, but how would I decrease indentation for a selected block?

Also, how do you turn "auto indentation" on in Scite? Or perhaps you must have the indentation guides turned on for this feature to work??

Thanks for this nice package!

P.S. One thing I found useful was changing font settings to bold (and bigger). Makes the code more readable IMO.

Kendall

To change the Indent of a block-text is Tab to increase and Shift+TAB to decrease.. like CS mentioned.

AutoIndent is turned on automatically when you are using the Scite4Autoit3 installer made available....

The font can be changed easily ... just check out the helpfile supplied with the Scite4Autoit3 installer... In Scite click on Help\Scite Help and goto page "Scite/AutoIt3 - Editor Font/Colors"...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I installed Scite Editor and F1, etc... does not work.  Does anyone know what's up with that?  What changes do you have to make and where are the located?

Do you have a file open & active with an AU3 extention When you press F1..etc ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, I'm a silly noob...  But, I'm trying.  Had a file opened with the wrong extension.

Thanks

Hey, what do you Scite dudes do for a macro recorder?

We write a Lua script. Lua is a scripting language built into SciTE.

• 3 months later...

Hi JdeB,

I'm a bit late but haven't use AutoIt for a while.

Just wanted to say I very much like the adapted SciTe Editor. I mainly use(d) UltraEdit and tried your SciTe version ... it's just great the features it has!! Code-Completion even with showing the arguments and I just love the F1 button :)

Neverless I'm still going to use UltraEdit for all non-au3 files :)

Thomas