Scite Editor Autoit Settings

Jos

JdeB, could you post a new build based on 1.60 and/or the source so I can compile it into an external lexer? Or is the one Neil has in 1.60 the "final" you've had posted for a couple days?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

JdeB, could you post a new build based on 1.60 and/or the source so I can compile it into an external lexer?  Or is the one Neil has in 1.60 the "final" you've had posted for a couple days?

The last scilexer.dll was build with the CVS version of that date and not much changes made since then, but did a recompile anyway and updated sciteau3.exe.

The scilexer that comes with 1.60 is missing these changes:

//  Fixed # pre-processor statement inside of comment block would invalidly change the color.

//  Added logic for #include <xyz.au3> to treat the <> as string

//  Added underscore to IsAOperator.

Will submit these changes to Neil later this week... (Source lexau3.cxx)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Scite 1.60 with LUA scripting is made available.

For those of you who want to upgrade their current Scite installation you can download sciteupg-106.zip into your current Scite program directory and unzip..

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Scite 1.60 with LUA scripting is made available.

For those of you who want to upgrade their current Scite installation you can download sciteupg-106.zip into your current Scite program directory and unzip..

Thanks for all your good work. Looks good, except that I am having a small problem.

In SciTE Editor, Compile and Go for .au3 files is now broken. Tidy still works from SciTE.

Compile Script and Run Script still works from right-click context menu for .au3 files.

1) I downloaded SciTE Editor v1.60 from developers site, and installed it to a new/empty folder named SciTE Editor. I deleted the folder containing v1.59.

2) I installed your SciTE-106 upgrade for SciTE editor v1.60

Not sure if I need this, but in case it would fix the problem I am having I decided to install it.

3) I installed your sciteau3.exe dated 1May2004.

Any ideas what I need to do to get Compile and Go for .au3 working in SciTE v1.60

Thanks, Lilla

In the au3.properties file, you need this:

autoit3dir=d:\program files\autoit3

Replace my path with the path to the AutoIt 3 directory on your system. This creates a variable holding that path.

# Commands to compile / run your script 
command.compile.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.compile.subsystem.($au3)=1

command.build.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.build.subsystem.($au3)=1

command.go.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe "$(FilePath)"
command.go.subsystem.($au3)=1

That sets up the Compile/Build/Run commands using those variables. That should already be in the properties file, so you may only need to change the path (Note, $(au3) is a variable I use as shorthand, but I think it's identical to $(file.patterns.au3) which is what you should use if you write these by hand.

In the au3.properties file, you need this:

autoit3dir=d:\program files\autoit3

Replace my path with the path to the AutoIt 3 directory on your system.  This creates a variable holding that path.

Valik thanks, that fixed it for me.

I had this:

# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory ***

autoit3dir=\program files\autoit3

I had to add c:

autoit3dir=c:\program files\autoit3

====

Seems like it would be better to include c:\ as the default, and let people

change it that don't use drive c:

This way it would be right for most people.

It was already correct in earlier versions, so perhaps this is a little tiny bug.

Lilla

Edited by Lilla

I never, ever overwrite my SicTEGlobal.properties or au3.properties files. I have them customized too much. Well, not so much the SciTEGlobal.properties, I use SciTEUser.properties for virtually everything. But I've accidentally overwritten both those files at seperate times and it's a bloody pain in the ass to figure out what you had customized and to re-add it.

Hmm, random, un-related thought. Wonder how much effort it would be to set up a script to auto-download the latest CVS of SciTE/Scintilla and automate Visual Studio to build a new snapshot of the files every day...

• Developers

autoit3dir=c:\program files\autoit3

Seems like it would be better to include c:\ as the default, and let people

change it that don't use drive c:

This way it would be right for most people.

Changed that for JPM because his "Program Files" was on the D:.

I tested it with my installation and didn't have any problem without the c:.

Are your AutoIt and Scite on the same drive in the "Program Files" directory ?

ps. The SciTE-106 does upgrade the all components needed so you don't need to download anything from the developers site...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Hmm, random, un-related thought.  Wonder how much effort it would be to set up a script to auto-download the latest CVS of SciTE/Scintilla and automate Visual Studio to build a new snapshot of the files every day...

Set PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin;%PATH%
Set PATH=%PATH%;C:\WINUTIL\cvs\TortoiseCVS
Set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\include;%INCLUDE%
Set LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\lib;%LIB%
rem *** get CVS updates
cd d:\beta\scite
C:\WINUTIL\cvs\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q update -d -P
rem *** Build Scite
cd d:\beta\scite\win32
nmake -f scite.mak
Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Changed that for JPM because his "Program Files" was on the D:.

I tested it with my installation and didn't have any problem without the c:.

Are your AutoIt and Scite on the same drive in the "Program Files" directory ?

ps. The SciTE-106 does upgrade the component needed so you don't need to download anything from the developers site...

all my program files are on c:\, thus...

c:\program files\autoit3

c:\program files\sciTE Editor

all my autoit code that I write is on drive d:

d:\Scripts_byLilla

Lilla

• Developers

all my program files are on c:\, thus...

c:\program files\autoit3

c:\program files\sciTE Editor

all my autoit code that I write is on drive d:

d:\Scripts_byLilla

Lilla

Ok... now I understand why it didn't work for you...

I have changed it back to c:\program files\autoit3 and made an update to the install program to give a warning when the registry entry for Autoit3 is different..

Also added this line to AU3.PROPERTIES:

word.characters.*.au3=$(chars.alpha)$(chars.numeric)@$

This will also select variables properly when you doubleclick.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Set PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin;%PATH%
Set PATH=%PATH%;C:\WINUTIL\cvs\TortoiseCVS
Set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\include;%INCLUDE%
Set LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\lib;%LIB%
rem *** get CVS updates
cd d:\beta\scite
C:\WINUTIL\cvs\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q update -d -P
rem *** Build Scite
cd d:\beta\scite\win32
nmake -f scite.mak
I figured you had something written already. I can't use any of that, though. I don't use the makefile to build SciTE, I use the project files and I have a custom solution set up to build Scintilla then SciTE in various ways (Debug, Static link to CRT, dynamic link to CRT). I may look into creating a makefile for it, though... That might simplify things a lot.

• Developers

I am using VC6 ++ to test and develop , but downloaded the free :D Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 and use it to build Scite and Scintilla since thats really what Neil supports......

So created the Make.bat to do the build and just added the cvs commands to it....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok... now I understand why it didn't work for you...

I have changed it back to c:\program files\autoit3 and made an update to the install program to give a warning when the registry entry for Autoit3 is different..

Also added this line to AU3.PROPERTIES:

word.characters.*.au3=$(chars.alpha)$(chars.numeric)@$

This will also select variables properly when you doubleclick.

JdeB, thanks for the tweaks

I got the newest bits now from your site and all fine now.

You are doing a GREAT job with your .au3 mods for SciTE.

Lilla

• Developers

Uploaded a Full install for the new Scite 1.60 release for those of you who are still not convinced that Scite is the BEST :D editor for AutoIt3 and want to try it.

It is a single install set created with NSIS for easy installation. setupscite.exe

If you are looking for advanced stuff and want to start with LUA scripting then here's some info on how to start: http://www.314bits.com/?sec=software&subsec=texteditor

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Feature Request:

Anyone else interested in "Compile with options" setting which would allow you to change icon and password? would that be hard to setup?

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

I am using VC6 ++ to test and develop , but downloaded the free  :D Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 and use it to build Scite and Scintilla since thats really what Neil supports......

So created the Make.bat to do the build and just added the cvs commands to it....

I just finished my script that downlaods the latest CVS and builds it. I just automated the VS GUI. It wasn't too hard, a combination of menu navigation and one window (Config manager). It selects the proper build type and rebuild's the entire solution (Custom solution which builds Scintilla/SciTE dynamically linked to CRT so small size). This has a nice advantage that if I ever want to change how I build it, I don't have to update a makefile or something. The solution is also set up to upx everything, too.

Unfortunately, it's very specific to me and the way I have things set up. If I change something, it's easy to change the script, it just makes it all but useless for others. About the only thing useable by others is the batch file it generates to update from CVS, but that's easy to write anyway as it's just 3 cvs commands (login and update on both modules).

Guess what, JdeB... I actually thought of something else, but it's not syntax highlighting related.

How good is the folding code? Can it be expanded? I think it would be nice if it could fold blocks of comments. Both #cs/#ce block comments and a big group of single line comments.

Example:

#cs
 Blah blah blah
 More blah blah blah
#ce

Func Test()
    If 1 = 2 Then MsgBox(4096, "Umm", "Your PC is dumb")
EndFunc

; Single line comment
; Followed by another single line comment
; And another single line comment
; And yet another single line comment

The #cs/#ce style could be folded down like loops and functions, leaving just the first and last line, thus becoming:

(Poor man's ASCII representation of how the folding looks in SciTE).

Function Folding as it currently works:

+ | Func Test()
   | EndFunc

Proposed #cs/#ce folding:

+ | #cs
   | #ce

As for single line comments, I don't know what to do about them, exactly. But at this point I think something would be better than nothing. If possible, displaying something like this would be nice (Similar to Visual Studio...)

+ |; ...

So, think this is doable? I've never looked at how any of the lexers do folding so I don't have as good an idea what the functional limitations are in this area.

• Developers

This was to be expected... the previous changes are just committed in scintilla and Valik finds another challenge .... :D

Guess what, JdeB... I actually thought of something else, but it's not syntax highlighting related.

How good is the folding code?  Can it be expanded?  I think it would be nice if it could fold blocks of comments.  Both #cs/#ce block comments and a big group of single line comments.

The folding code is the standard code that folds on Indents.

So, think this is doable?  I've never looked at how any of the lexers do folding so I don't have as good an idea what the functional limitations are in this area.

My knowledge of the folding code is close to zero (All i did till now is a Cut&Paste of the standard code provided)... but will have a look at it to see what it does and if i can figure out how that works.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

JdeB, I think the May 15 updated installer version of SciTE might be broken... ( http://www.hiddensoft.com/fileman/users/jdeb/setupscite.exe )

After installing, I try to run SciTE but get this error:

---------------------------
SciTE.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because MSVCRTD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. 
OK   

The previous installer worked fine.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!