mouse click on button failing

Guest surfbum3000

Guest surfbum3000

I want to log on to an app, open a query file, and run the query. I am able to log on to the app. and then open a secondary window with Title: Query Definition that includes 4 buttons: Table Selector, Open Query Definition, Save Query Definition, and New Query. I want to click on the 2nd button from the left that opens a query definition file, but the 1st button Table Selector on the far left keeps being selected. The ClassNameNN is DFDialogClass2 where the 4 buttons are located. There is no Text and no Control ID. I have tried the following that have failed:

MouseClick ("left", 616, 108, 1)

ControlClick ( "", "", "DFDialogClass2")

PixelSearch ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0xFFFFFF)

Here is the script so far. I have the window active "Query Definition" that I need to click the button on, but the mouse click after WinWaitActive is what is failing:

Run("\\network\folder\launch.exe")

WinWaitActive("Primary Window Name")

Send("!q")

Send("Query")

WinWaitActive("Query Definition")

• Moderators

Are those Screen/Coord/Window Coordinates for you mouseclick?

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0) ; For Window

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1) ; For Screen

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2) ; For Client

Try Which every way you got your coords posting that at the top of your script. (only 1 of them :whistle: )

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Another option to try to is use the AutoItInfo screen and then select (don't click) the button you want clicked. Sometimes you will get a control and text to appear which were hidden before. This has happened to me several times.

In that case, I would recommend doing a ControlFocus() and then a ControlClick() afterwards. Or even ControlGetText() and doing a Select/Case or If/Then statement to verify it is the correct button.

I hope this made sense and helps you on your way to a workable script.