Tidy (add removal of comments)

AZJIO

• Developers

Is this a request for me?

If so, I am not sure how you would see this should work as I doubt we would want an option in Tidy that would remove all comments from the original script.

Obfuscator does what you want, but that will also insert all #include files, so it would be easier to implement it in there.

Anyway, let me first understand what it is you want and how this is useful for a larger group of people.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Is this a request for me?

Yes. Because you author.

If so, I am not sure how you would see this should work as I doubt we would want an option in Tidy that would remove all comments from the original script.

The key doesn't oblige to delete comments, but gives a choice to the user.

When I post on the forum, many Russian comments are garbage.

• Developers

Ok, so how do you feel about the comment I made on wanting to update the original script when removing all comments?

That is something I will never implement as that is wide open for people to screw up their script and blaming me for making that possible.
I am also reluctant to implement functions that only serves a few people.

It should be fairly easy for you to take one of the several posted scripts and modify it to facilitate what you want. I have posted an ExpanderAU3Script script before that generates a similar script as included in the compiled EXE generated by aut2exe. It is pretty easy to use that and only process the mainscript, ignoring the #include statements.

Agree?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have a usual script, it solves the problem. I thought it would be useful to many. Just a lot of scripts are in my folder, and if it was in one EXE, then it would be orderly.

Ok, so how do you feel about the comment I made on wanting to update the original script when removing all comments?

I think the user before use any script processing should first read the description of the key, or test option to see the result. It is impossible to apply thoughtlessly, and then to bring accusations.

Yes. Replace the original script. By default, make a backup copy

Edited by AZJIO

Jos

I think the idea AZJIO in some cases it may also be useful for me.
However, I support your position with regard to the fact that someone less smart when using this option may be to you later objections.

Therefore, I propose a different solution.
Can you prepare a script LUA and add it to PersonalTools.lua?

EDIT:
something like here
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I think the fact that someone will be able to use this script by adding it to the SciTE is good enough proof that he knew what he was doing.
Even more so if the script shall post a comment with a warning.
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Or we can make the tool itself

We can use RegExp

StringRegExpReplace($sString,'(?i).*?(;.*\r\n)','')
StringRegExpReplace($sString,'#cs.*#ce','')

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Or we can make the tool itself

We can use RegExp

StringRegExpReplace($sString,'#cs.*#ce','')

Something like StringRegExpReplace($sString,'#cs.*#ce','') is not the best idea... you should use

StringRegExpReplace($sString,'#cs.*?#ce','')

Instead since that will cause it to stop when it finds #ce rather than continue and remove everything inbetween two comments....

second FULL example

$sString = ClipGet()
ClipPut($sString) 

Are these second examples of the use RegExp effectively perform what was Your idea?

EDIT:

UberFoX

You're right. Thank you.
Already have modified the second example.
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

second FULL example

$sString = ClipGet()
ClipPut($sString) 

Are these second examples of the use RegExp effectively perform what was Your idea?

EDIT:

UberFoX

You're right. Thank you.
Already have modified the second example.

I'm an expert with Regexp in my language I had to create Perl compatible regexp from scratch

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Your second function becomes  $string =~ s/#cs.*?#ce//; in Sputnik/Perl languages.

• Developers

It is indeed something you can easily make with an Autoit3 script or LUA.

I would use an Autoit3Script which read the original script, process it and put it into the ClipBoard to allow for posting it easily in the Forum, given that is the goal.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The Clipboard is a good idea.

If you make in SciTE, then I have to leave my option for Notepad++. But I would like to see your version as a script.

I use this function

Func _stripComments(ByRef $string)
    $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, "(?s)\r(?!\n)", '\r\n') ; ??? добавляем @LF в строку, если его нет (AZJIO)
    ;Author: Prog@ndy
    $string = StringReplace(StringReplace($string, "#comments-start", "#cs", 0, 2), "#comments-end", "#ce", 0, 2)
    ; $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, "(?si)(\v|\A)\h*#cs\b.*?\v\h*#ce\b", '') ; remove simple block comments (mod AZJIO)
    #region remove nested block-comments
    Local $match, $depth, $offset, $start, $CommentsAfterce
    While 1
        $depth = 0
        $match = StringRegExp($string, "(?im)^\h*#cs\b", 1)
        $start = @extended
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        Do
            $match = StringRegExp($string, "(?im)^\h*#c([se])\b", 1, $offset)
            $offset = @extended
            Select
                Case @error
                    Return False
                Case $match[0] = "e"
                    $depth -= 1
                Case Else
                    $depth += 1
            EndSelect
        Until $depth < 1

$string = StringLeft($string, $start - 4) & StringRegExpReplace(StringMid($string, $offset), ".*", '', 1)
;~         $string = StringLeft($string, $start-4) & StringMid($string, $offset)
    WEnd
    #endregion remove nested block-comments
    $string = StringRegExpReplace($string & @CRLF, '(?m)^((?:[^''";]*([''"]).*?\2)*[^;]*)\h*;.*$', '\1') ; remove one-line comments (недостаток - не работает если @CR без @LF)
    $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, '\s+\z', '') ; удалить пустое в конце
    Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_stripComments
Edited by AZJIO

• Developers

Put this is a file:

; mod "Organize Includes"
If $cmdline[0] > 0 Then
    $Filename = $cmdline[1]
Else
    ; No commandline specified
    ConsoleWrite("! File not Specified." & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf
If FileExists($Filename) Then
Else
    ; File doesn;t exists
    ConsoleWrite("! File not found:" & $Filename & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf
$ScriptSource = FileRead($Filename)
_stripComments($ScriptSource)
ClipPut($ScriptSource)
Exit
;
Func _stripComments(ByRef $string)
    $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, "(?s)\r(?!\n)", '\r\n') ; добавляем @LF в строку, если его нет (AZJIO)
    ;Author: Prog@ndy
    $string = StringReplace(StringReplace($string, "#comments-start", "#cs", 0, 2), "#comments-end", "#ce", 0, 2)
    $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, "(?si)(\v|\A)\h*#cs\b.*?\v\h*#ce\b", '') ; remove simple block comments (мод AZJIO)
    #region remove nested block-comments
    Local $match, $depth, $offset, $start, $CommentsAfterce
    While 1
        $depth = 0
        $match = StringRegExp($string, "(?im)^\h*#cs\b", 1)
        $start = @extended
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        Do
            $match = StringRegExp($string, "(?im)^\h*#c([se])\b", 1, $offset)
            $offset = @extended
            Select
                Case @error
                    Return False
                Case $match[0] = "e"
                    $depth -= 1
                Case Else
                    $depth += 1
            EndSelect
        Until $depth < 1

$string = StringLeft($string, $start - 4) & StringRegExpReplace(StringMid($string, $offset), ".*", '', 1)
;~         $string = StringLeft($string, $start-4) & StringMid($string, $offset)
    WEnd
    #endregion remove nested block-comments
    $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, '(?m)^((?:[^''";]*([''"]).*?\2)*[^;]*);.*$', '\1') ; remove one-line comments (недостаток - не работает если @CR без @LF)
    Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_stripComments

and compile.

Edit SciTEUser.properties:

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
command.47.*.au3="D:\Path to your script\YourScript.exe" "$(FilePath)"
command.name.47.*.au3=StripComments
command.save.before.47.*.au3=1
command.is.filter.47.*.au3=1
command.shortcut.47.*.au3=Ctrl+Alt+O

Now hit Alr+Ctrl+O in any autoit3 script and your clipboard contains the stripped source.

Jos :)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos

Can You add a function that get current file edited in SciTE ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Jos

Can You add a function that get current file edited in SciTE ?

Isn't that what the shown example does?

It will save the currently added scriptfile and process it or am I misunderstanding your question?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry

I was blind,

I just looked only on au3 not for this:

command.47.*.au3="D:Path to your scriptYourScript.exe" "$(FilePath)"

Signature beginning:

Spoiler