Right click in overflow notification area

Go to solution Solved by FireFox,

Hi all,

I'm trying to automate some steps that have to be run every time an application starts. The steps are:

Find the icon in the system tray

Right click

Choose an option (same option every time) and click it.

There are 2 things that need to be changed so the above should run twice.

I've tried this '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> and and post 2 in this topic, but even though I've triple checked that I'm giving the functions the correct application name, neither of them can find it. I'm thinking that the reason for this is because the program isn't always visible; it gets put in the overflow notification area, so it's only accessible by clicking the button that shows the extra notifications.

I've spent a while trying to make a script that accomplishes the same task by sending keys, but it only works 60/70% of the time because it assumes that the overflow notifications aren't being shown which isn't always the case - E.G. the keys required if the notifications aren't shown are different to the ones that are needed if they are.

Does anyone know of a way that I can do this without messing around sending keys? Can either of the above functions be modified so that they search the overflow area as well as the system tray?

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi,

Actually, having tried this a few more times, it only seems to work around half the times I run it; the other times it opens the Autoit menu or simply right clicks on what ever the active window is. Any ideas?

FireFox, on 20 Aug 2013 - 3:41 PM, said:

Yes sorry.

No worries

The example I linked clicks on its tray icon (region #EXAMPLE).

Have you removed the TraySetToolTip function, otherwise if you change the $sToolTipTitle var it may click on the example or your app tray icon.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox