How to do word wrap in ListBox?

AndreyS

Excellent work function! Thank you PhoenixXL! Do not expect so much help that much to get a full UDF. Almost completely replaced my ListBox on EditList.

However, there is still a couple of things that I do not know how to solve.

For example, I need identify that there was a click on EditList?

For example:
#include <EditList.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$hMain = GUICreate("Test", 500, 300)
Global $hRichEdit_ = _Edit_List_Create(10, 10, 300, 200, $hMain)

$But1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("1",330, 100, 40, 40)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"OnClick_Handler")

$But2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("2",380, 100, 40, 40)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"OnClick_Handler")

_Edit_List_InsertItem("1. The usual high-level elements for functions, loops and expression-handling."&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("2. A staggering amount of string handling functions and a Perl Compatible Regular Expression Engine(PCRE)"&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("3. COM support"&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("4. Call Win32 and Third-Party DLL APIs."&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("1. The usual high-level elements for functions, loops and expression-handling."&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("2. A staggering amount of string handling functions and a Perl Compatible Regular Expression Engine(PCRE)"&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("3. COM support"&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("4. Call Win32 and Third-Party DLL APIs."&@CRLF)
_Edit_List_SetOnEvent("OnClick_Handler")

GUISetState()

_SendMessage($hRichEdit_, $WM_SETFOCUS) ;required for initial hiding of the caret

While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func OnClick_Handler()
  If @GUI_CtrlId=$But1 Then
    ConsoleWrite("Press Button 1" & @CRLF)
  ElseIf @GUI_CtrlId=$hRichEdit_ Then
    ConsoleWrite("Press EditList" & @CRLF)
  ElseIf @GUI_CtrlId=$But2 Then
    ConsoleWrite("Press Button 2" & @CRLF)
  EndIf
EndFunc
Prompt if there are options, how to recognize a click on EL?

P.S. Already using beta like until all without problems except for an error in the file: APIMiscConstants.au3 which apparently refers to the file Resources.au3.
Edited by AndreyS

The macros are manipulated by autoit under the hood, I have no option to manipulate them( as far as I know).

Just use a different function and that is the identity that the editlist is pressed

Example

#include <EditList.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$But1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("1", 330, 100, 40, 40)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "OnClick_Handler")

$But2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("2", 380, 100, 40, 40)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "OnClick_Handler")

_Edit_List_InsertItem("1. The usual high-level elements for functions, loops and expression-handling." & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("2. A staggering amount of string handling functions and a Perl Compatible Regular Expression Engine(PCRE)" & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("3. COM support" & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("4. Call Win32 and Third-Party DLL APIs." & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("1. The usual high-level elements for functions, loops and expression-handling." & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("2. A staggering amount of string handling functions and a Perl Compatible Regular Expression Engine(PCRE)" & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("3. COM support" & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_InsertItem("4. Call Win32 and Third-Party DLL APIs." & @CRLF)
_Edit_List_SetOnEvent("OnClick_RichEditHandler")

GUISetState()

_SendMessage($hRichEdit_, $WM_SETFOCUS) ;required for initial hiding of the caret

While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func OnClick_Handler()

If @GUI_CtrlId = $But1 Then
        ConsoleWrite("Press Button 1" & @CRLF)
    ElseIf @GUI_CtrlId = $But2 Then
        ConsoleWrite("Press Button 2" & @CRLF)
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>OnClick_Handler

Func OnClick_RichEditHandler()
    ConsoleWrite("RichEdit Pressed")
EndFunc

Regards :)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

That's a pity! I have one big function for processing. Difficult otherwise.
But thanks anyway.

Very grateful, PhoenixXL, for your continued support! :)

And nothing you can do to when the focus to another control on the selection does not disappear?

Done!!

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Done..!

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas :)

My code:

Continue to improve on the idea.
PhoenixXL, is it possible to change the mouse cursor when it is placed over the EL?
Tried to apply the standard function(GUICtrlSetCursor) changes the cursor, but it does not work.

And is there any hope that it will be possible to use two controls EL?
It's too good and he wants to use in multiple positions!
Edited by AndreyS

Cursor part is done.

To encorporate multiple edit lists global variables just should be converted to arrays so that data of multiple items could be added and retreived,

converting the whole script back to using arrays would consume much time. I leave it to you as this isn't that hard.

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

I do not understand why, but I started to be an error in the file  Resources.au3 after upgrading to a new release Autoit.
Yes, I use the function of this file and the bug seems to reconnect this file in the file EditList.au3.
How to solve this problem, PhoenixXL?

Error:
"D:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Resources.au3"(9,28) : error: $RT_CURSOR previously declared as a 'Const'.
Global Const $RT_CURSOR = 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"D:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Resources.au3"(10,28) : error: $RT_BITMAP previously declared as a 'Const'.
Global Const $RT_BITMAP = 2

can you show me your includes as  i havent faced this problem

My code:

Yes, of course that's my includes:

#include-once
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <GuiEdit.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>
#include <Sound.au3>
#include <INet.au3>
#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <ListboxConstants.au3>
#include <ID3_v3.4.au3>
#include <StringSize.au3>
#include <VLC.au3>
#include <SliderConstants.au3>
#include <GuiListBox.au3>
#include <MouseOnEvent.au3>
#include <GUIMenu.au3>
#include <EditList.au3> 
#include <Resources.au3>

The problem in the latter two files. They are duplicate include files and therefore is re-declare constants. But why this error started to arise as soon as I changed the release Autoit and how to solve it if I need to also use functions Resurces.au3?

Then its a problem in #include <Resources.au3>.  As it is not updated with the new release.

comment out the declaration lines in the UDF that give you the error of redeclaration.

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

Then tell me which file to comment out the best constants?

D: \ Program Files \ AutoIt3 \ Include \ APIResConstants.au3 (1 hit)
Line 19: Global Const $ RT_CURSOR = 1

or

D: \ Program Files \ AutoIt3 \ Include \ Resources.au3 (1 hit)
Line 9: Global Const $ RT_CURSOR = 1 

the one in resources.au3
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

Thanks, and did!

PhoenixXL, has immediate tasks / problems .

1. When filling EL items present in it for some reason some invisible last item on which you can even carry a click. How to get rid of this false item? So that when you click anywhere on a particular item stood out .

2 . After filling EL many items I need to make the transition to the very first item. I do it like this: 
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetScrollPos($EditList, 1, 1)
But the trouble is that when the text cursor appears at the end of the items.
What he finds there is an invisible last position, I think it is related to the first problem somehow. I would like to have a special function to work correctly in EditList.au3

Need your help again...

Its maybe you are using @CRLF in the text, so that, it is even a part of the item.

To get rid of it set the Appendstring to "@CRLF & @CRLF" in _Edit_List_Create.

Further I could be more helpful if you can show me through an example.

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

And it does not matter at all. Okey, here is the same example that demonstrates two problems at once. 

1. Scroll down and there will be a cursor that should not be there.
2. Clicking can be done at the end all the items, which should highlight the last item. But this is not happening. There is even a kind of incomprehensible last line empty.
#include <EditList.au3>

_Edit_List_InsertItem("1. The usual high-level elements for functions, loops and expression-handling.")
_Edit_List_InsertItem("2. A staggering amount of string handling functions and a Perl Compatible Regular Expression Engine(PCRE)")
_Edit_List_InsertItem("3. COM support")
_Edit_List_InsertItem("4. Call Win32 and Third-Party DLL APIs.")
_Edit_List_InsertItem("1. The usual high-level elements for functions, loops and expression-handling.")
_Edit_List_InsertItem("2. A staggering amount of string handling functions and a Perl Compatible Regular Expression Engine(PCRE)")
_Edit_List_InsertItem("3. COM support")
_Edit_List_InsertItem("4. Call Win32 and Third-Party DLL APIs.")

_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetScrollPos($hRichEdit_, 0, 0)

GUISetState()

While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func OnClick_Handler()
    MsgBox(0,_GUICtrlRichEdit_IsTextSelected ( $hRichEdit_ ),_Edit_List_GetItemText())
EndFunc

• 5 weeks later...
Hello PhoenixXL! 
Use your UDF. It is almost perfect! 

I'd love to to have another opportunity to use several EL.

Trying to do it, but the problem occurs in function _NewWnd_Proc_ (): 

"D:Program FilesAutoIt3IncludeEditList_.au3"(162,57) : warning: $h_ControlHwnd: possibly used before declaration.
                        _Edit_List_SetSel($h_ControlHwnd,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"D:Program FilesAutoIt3IncludeEditList_.au3"(162,57) : error: $h_ControlHwnd: undeclared global variable.
                        _Edit_List_SetSel($h_ControlHwnd,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Tell me, please, how can I fix this error?

#include-once
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPISys.au3>
#include <WinAPIRes.au3>
#include <APISysConstants.au3>
#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>

; = = = = = = .  . . . Private UDF Global Variables ===========================================================

Global $aItems[1] ;stores Item indexes
Global $sAppend ;stores Item delimited
Global $__hCur  ;stores the handle to the cursor
;~ Global $h_ControlHwnd ;stores the handle of the control.
Global $p_Original_WindowProc ;stores the original window procedure(WndProc) of the edit control.

Global $h_NewWndProc = DllCallbackRegister("_NewWnd_Proc_", "int", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam") ;hanlde to the new WndProc
Global $p_NewWndProc = DllCallbackGetPtr($h_NewWndProc) ;pointer to the new WndProc.

Global $s_OnEventFunc ;string storing the name of the func to call upon click.

Func _Edit_List_Create($iX, $iY, $iWidth, $iHeight, $hWin, $sAppendString = -1)

$h_ControlHwnd = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hWin, "", $iX, $iY, $iWidth, $iHeight, BitOR($WS_TABSTOP, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_MULTILINE, $ES_NOHIDESEL))
;~     OnAutoItExitRegister("Destroy")

$p_Original_WindowProc = _Subclass_($h_ControlHwnd, $p_NewWndProc)

_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText($h_ControlHwnd, "")

If $sAppendString = -1 Then $sAppendString = @LF
    $sAppend = $sAppendString
    $aItems[0] = -StringLen($sAppend)

Return $h_ControlHwnd ;

EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_Create

Func _Edit_List_InsertItem($h_ControlHwnd, $s_Text, $iIndex = -1)

Local $sEdit_Text = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetText($h_ControlHwnd)
    Local $iMaxLen = StringLen($sEdit_Text)

If IsInt($iIndex) = 0 Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ;bad $iIndex
    $s_Text = StringRegExpReplace($s_Text, "\v+", @LF)

If $iIndex >= UBound($aItems) Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)

If $iIndex >= 1 Then

Local $iUbound = UBound($aItems)
        If $iIndex > $iUbound Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) ;bad $iIndex

_GUICtrlRichEdit_GotoCharPos($h_ControlHwnd, $aItems[$iIndex - 1] + StringLen($sAppend))
        _GUICtrlRichEdit_InsertText($h_ControlHwnd, $s_Text & $sAppend)

Local $Change = StringLen($s_Text & $sAppend)

_ArrayInsert($aItems, $iIndex - 1, $aItems[$iIndex - 1])
        ;reset the array
        For $i = $iIndex To $iUbound
            $aItems[$i] += $Change
        Next

ElseIf $iIndex = -1 Then

_ArrayAdd($aItems, StringLen($sEdit_Text & $s_Text))
        _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendText($h_ControlHwnd, $s_Text & $sAppend)

Else
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;$iIndex parameter is wrong.
    EndIf

Return 1

EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_InsertItem

Func _Edit_List_GetItemText($h_ControlHwnd, $iIndex = -1) ;by default gets the selected items text
    If $iIndex = -1 Then Return _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetSelText($h_ControlHwnd)
    If $iIndex <= 0 Or IsInt($iIndex) = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetTextInRange($h_ControlHwnd, $aItems[$iIndex - 1] + StringLen($sAppend), $aItems[$iIndex])
EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_GetItemText

Func _Edit_List_GetSelItemIndex($h_ControlHwnd)
    Local $iLowerIndex = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetSel($h_ControlHwnd)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, @error, 0)
    $iLowerIndex = $iLowerIndex[0]

For $i = 1 To UBound($aItems) - 1
        Switch $iLowerIndex
            Case $aItems[$i - 1] + StringLen($sAppend) To $aItems[$i]
                Return $i
        EndSwitch
    Next

Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_GetSelItemIndex

;The Following function was works using the functions of the already present library.
;Therefore it would work with both OnEvent as well as MsgLoop methods.
;PS: The OnEvent macros won't work like @GUI_CTRLID, etc.
;Use _Edit_List_SetOnClick("") to deregister an already registered function.
;The function should not have any parameter.
Func _Edit_List_SetOnEvent($h_ControlHwnd, $s_FuncName)
    $s_OnEventFunc = $s_FuncName
EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_SetOnEvent

Func _Edit_List_SetCursor($h_ControlHwnd, $hCursor)
    $__hCur = $hCursor;_WinAPI_CopyCursor()
EndFunc

Func _Edit_List_SetSel($h_ControlHwnd, $iIndex, $iReverse = False)
    ;key: the index of the array is the length of the item,
    ;use the index of the previous item to get the initial position of the required item
    If IsInt($iIndex) = 0 Or $iIndex < 1 Or $iIndex >= UBound($aItems) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)

Local $iAnchor = $aItems[$iIndex - 1] + StringLen($sAppend)
    Local $iActive = $aItems[$iIndex]

If $iReverse Then _ArraySwap($iActive, $iAnchor)

Return _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($h_ControlHwnd, $iAnchor, $iActive)
EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_SetSel

Func _Edit_List_RemoveItem($h_ControlHwnd, $iIndex)

_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($h_ControlHwnd, $aItems[$iIndex - 1] + StringLen($sAppend), $aItems[$iIndex] + 1)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_ReplaceText($h_ControlHwnd, "", False)

Local $Change = StringLen(_Edit_List_GetItemText($iIndex) & $sAppend)

_ArrayDelete($aItems, $iIndex)
    ;reset the array
    For $i = $iIndex To UBound($aItems) - 1
        $aItems[$i] -= $Change
    Next

_SendMessage($h_ControlHwnd, $WM_SETFOCUS)

EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_RemoveItem

Func _NewWnd_Proc_($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Switch $iMsg

Case $WM_LBUTTONDOWN, $WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK

$iX = _WinAPI_LoWord($lParam)
            $iY = _WinAPI_HiWord($lParam)
            $iChar = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetCharPosFromXY($hWnd, $iX, $iY);

For $n = 1 To UBound($aItems) - 1
                Switch $iChar
                    Case $aItems[$n - 1] + StringLen($sAppend) To $aItems[$n]

_Edit_List_SetSel($h_ControlHwnd,$n, 1)
                        _GUICtrlRichEdit_ScrollToCaret($hWnd)

EndSwitch
            Next

Call($s_OnEventFunc)
            Return 0;

Case $WM_SETFOCUS, $WM_KILLFOCUS
            Local $iRet = _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($p_Original_WindowProc, $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Switch $iMsg
                Case $WM_KILLFOCUS

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ShowCaret", "hwnd", $hWnd)

Case $WM_SETFOCUS
                    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "HideCaret", "hwnd", $hWnd)
            EndSwitch

Return $iRet

Case $WM_RBUTTONDOWN, $WM_CHAR
            Return 0

Case $WM_SETCURSOR
            If $__hCur <> 0 And _WinAPI_LoWord($lParam) = 1 Then Return _WinAPI_SetCursor($__hCur)  ;lparam = hittest = 1 = client area

Case $WM_KEYDOWN

Local Const $VK_UP_ = 0x26
            Local Const $VK_DOWN_ = 0x28
            Local Const $VK_ENTER_ = 0x0D

Switch $wParam
                Case $VK_UP_, $VK_DOWN_

_Edit_List_SetSel($h_ControlHwnd,_Edit_List_GetSelItemIndex($h_ControlHwnd) + $wParam - 0x27, $wParam - 0x28)
                    _GUICtrlRichEdit_ScrollToCaret($hWnd)

Case $VK_ENTER_

Call($s_OnEventFunc)

EndSwitch
            Return 0

EndSwitch

;go with the original processing.
    Return _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($p_Original_WindowProc, $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

EndFunc   ;==>_NewWnd_Proc_

Func _Subclass_($hWnd, $pNew_WndProc)

;substitute the WndProc of the control.
    Return _WinAPI_SetWindowLong ($hWnd, $GWL_WNDPROC, $pNew_WndProc)

EndFunc   ;==>_Subclass_

Func Destroy($h_ControlHwnd)

_Subclass_($h_ControlHwnd, $p_Original_WindowProc)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_Destroy($h_ControlHwnd)
    _WinAPI_DestroyCursor($__hCur)

EndFunc   ;==>Destroy

Func _Edit_List_Clear($h_ControlHwnd)
    ReDim $aItems[1]
    Local $iRet = _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText($h_ControlHwnd, "")
    _SendMessage($h_ControlHwnd, $WM_SETFOCUS)

Return $iRet
EndFunc   ;==>_Edit_List_Clear