_SQL connection crashing

A little backstory here. One of my co-workers does some scripting too. I dabble and he is better at it than me. So we work together some to fix our problems. He has a script that opens a SQL connection to our Heat database so we can have a better way to track our tickets we get. I took some of his script and modified it for my own use, but I have found an issue with it. When I run my or his script just from the .au3 file, the script runs just fine and dandy. When I compile either one, the .exe crashes when getting to the SQL connection. I'd like to see what I can do to fix this for us both. Tell me where we are stupid so we can not screw up again.

Here is the portion of my code. My main script has a popup form that displays the ticket information from the database. I put all my includes and globals as well. I believe the main problem is under function _DSAClick. The connection info is

$sqlCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")

$DSN = "DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=**Server.Address**;DATABASE=Incident_Prod;UID=**ID**;PWD=**PW**;"
$sqlCon.Open($DSN)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIListBox.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <TreeViewConstants.au3>
#include <_SQL.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <SliderConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <Clipboard.au3>
#include <GuiTreeView.au3>
#include <ScrollBarConstants.au3>
#include <guiScrollBars.au3>

func _TicketForm()

$total = 0
$suck = 0

$aTaskbar = WinGetPos("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]", "")
$PopUpForm = GUICreate("My Tickets", 344, 414, 208, 128)
$DSAtree = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(8, 24, 264, 365, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_TREEVIEW, $TVS_EDITLABELS, $TVS_CHECKBOXES), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_AllTicket")
$filemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File") ;Creates the File menu.
$ExitItem = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $filemenu) ;Creates the exit submenu under File.
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_GUIDel")
$MySLA = GUICtrlCreateButton("SLA", 280, 24, 57, 33)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_MySLA")
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button2", 280, 64, 57, 33)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button3", 280, 104, 57, 33)
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button4", 280, 144, 57, 33)
$Legend = GUICtrlCreateButton("Legend", 280, 354, 57, 33)
$aWin = WinGetPos($PopUpForm)
;Takes the second form and places it above the taskbar. Takes the current desktop width and height and does the math to position the form correctly.
WinMove($PopUpForm, "", @DesktopWidth - $aWin[2] - 4, @DesktopHeight - $aWin[3] - $aTaskbar[3] - 4)
Dim $PopUpForm_AccelTable[1][2] = [["!4", $ExitItem]]
GUISetAccelerators($PopUpForm_AccelTable)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
GUICtrlSetState($DSAtree, $gui_ontop)

_DSAClick()
EndFunc   ;==>_TicketForm
;----------------------------
Func _MySLA()
$howmuchsuck = Round(($suck / $total) * 100, 2)
MsgBox(0, "My SLA", "Percentage that does not meet sla is " & $howmuchsuck & "." & @LF & $suck & " of " & $total & "  tickets do not meet our current SLA." & @LF & @LF & "This is for tickets with a status of open, all pending tickets are ignored.")
EndFunc   ;==>_MySLA
Func _DSAClick()
$DSN = "DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=**Server.Address**;DATABASE=Incident_Prod;UID=**ID**;PWD=**PW**;"
$sqlCon.Open($DSN)

$vQuery = "SELECT Asgnmnt.Assignee, Asgnmnt.WhOResolv, Replace(CONVERT(Char, Asgnmnt.DateAssign, 111),'-','/'), Asgnmnt.TimeAssign, CallLog.Callid, CallLog.Priority, calllog.callstatus from Calllog INNER JOIN Asgnmnt ON Calllog.CallID = Asgnmnt.CallID where " & _
"Asgnmnt.Assignee = '**ME**' AND Asgnmnt.WhOResolv = ''Order By asgnmnt.dateassign"
_DSAtickets('**ME**')
EndFunc   ;==>_DSAClick
Func _DSAtickets($Assignee)

_SQL_GetTable2D($sqlCon, $vQuery, $aResult, $iRows, $iColumns)
$ArrayDimensions = UBound($aResult) ;Determine if array is one OR two dimensional and number of elements in array
$MCnum = (UBound($aResult) - 1) ;determines the number of tickets in a Queue
Local $row = 0
Local $Avgtime = 0
Local $date = 0
Local $time = 0
Local $tdiff = 0
Local $Difftime = 0
Local $DSAsubtree
For $trow = 1 To(UBound($aResult) - 1) Step 1 ; loops to get the average time of the tickets in queues
$row = $row + 1
$date = $aResult[$row][2]
$time = $aResult[$row][3]
$Difftime = _DateDiff('D', StringStripWS($date, 2) & " " & StringStripWS($time, 2), _NowCalc())
$tdiff = $Difftime + $tdiff

Next
$Avgtime = $tdiff / UBound($aResult) ;creates the average time using math
$DSAsubtree = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($Assignee & '  |  ' & $MCnum & " Tickets" & '  |  ' & StringMid($Avgtime, 1, 5) & ' Days  ', $DSAtree) ;displays the results in the window

$row = 0
For $trow = 1 To(UBound($aResult) - 1) Step 1 ; loops to get the average time of the tickets in queues
$row = $row + 1
$ticketid = $aResult[$row][4]
$Priority = $aResult[$row][5]
$callstatus = $aResult[$row][6]
$sla = _DateDiff("h", StringStripWS($date, 2), _NowCalcDate())
If $Priority = 2 And $sla > 12 And $callstatus = "open" Then
$DSASubitem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($ticketid & '-Priority ' & $Priority & '-Date:  ' & $date, $DSAsubtree)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF9933)

$suck = $suck + 1
$total = $total + 1
ElseIf $Priority = 1 And $sla > 4 And $callstatus = "open" Then
$DSASubitem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($ticketid & '-Priority ' & $Priority & '-Date:  ' & $date, $DSAsubtree)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF7777)

$suck = $suck + 1
$total = $total + 1
ElseIf $Priority = 3 And $sla > 72 And $callstatus = "open" Then
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFF33)

$suck = $suck + 1
$total = $total + 1
ElseIf $Priority = 4 And $sla > 336 And $callstatus = "open" Then
$DSASubitem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($ticketid & '-Priority ' & $Priority & '-Date ' & $date, $DSAsubtree)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x78724d)

$suck = $suck + 1
$total = $total + 1
Else

$total = $total + 1
EndIf
Next
EndFunc   ;==>_DSAtickets
Func _GUIDel()
GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>_GUIDel
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by Bearpocalypse

• Moderators

Please fix the code box in your post. I doubt anyone is going to be willing to read through that mess to figure out what you're doing.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Unfortunately, my only HEAT customer uses an Oracle connection, or I would gladly try this out for you. Just to be clear, you're saying that it works uncompiled but crashes when you compile it? What is the error message you get exactly?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Which version of MS SQL are you using?

try to use

DRIVER={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};

DRIVER={SQL Server Native Client 10.0};

Driver={SQL Native Client};

but You must install a SQL NCLI, on each computer that uses the component.

I personally had problems with some queries until I started using NCLI.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Do you use this:

_SQL_Execute($hConHandle = -1, $vQuery = "")

EDIT:

if not, then all your problem is in this:

explanation:
You can not try to read the table, if you have not you told the server to execute the query.
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

I'm sorry I was wrong
EDIT:
after the function
uses the
As I wrote the previous post was a little too tired

I have a question:
inside _DSAClick () is set to variable vQuery

If it is it is global ?

besides
if you have noticed that the script has a problem with the connection, then I suggest you check it out this way:

Func _DSAClick()
    MsgBox(1,'TEST1','_DSAClick()')
    MsgBox(1,'TEST2','_DSAClick()' & @CRLF & 'IsObj($sqlCon) = ' & IsObj($sqlCon))
    MsgBox(1,'TEST3','_DSAClick()' & @CRLF & '$sqlCon.State = ' & $sqlCon.State)
    $sqlCon.Open($DSN)
    MsgBox(1,'TEST4','_DSAClick()')

$vQuery = "SELECT Asgnmnt.Assignee, Asgnmnt.WhOResolv, Replace(CONVERT(Char, Asgnmnt.DateAssign, 111),'-','/'), Asgnmnt.TimeAssign, CallLog.Callid, CallLog.Priority, calllog.callstatus from Calllog INNER JOIN Asgnmnt ON Calllog.CallID = Asgnmnt.CallID where " & _
            "Asgnmnt.Assignee = '**ME**' AND Asgnmnt.WhOResolv = ''Order By asgnmnt.dateassign"
    _DSAtickets('**ME**')
    MsgBox(1,'TEST5','_DSAClick()')
EndFunc   ;==>_DSAClick
Func _DSAtickets($Assignee)
    MsgBox(1,'TEST1','_DSAtickets($Assignee)' & @CRLF & $vQuery)
    _ArrayDisplay($aResult,'$aResult')
    MsgBox(1,'TEST2','_DSAtickets($Assignee)')
    $ArrayDimensions = UBound($aResult) ;Determine if array is one OR two dimensional and number of elements in array
    $MCnum = (UBound($aResult) - 1) ;determines the number of tickets in a Queue
    Local $row = 0
    Local $Avgtime = 0
    Local $date = 0
    Local $time = 0
    Local $tdiff = 0
    Local $Difftime = 0
    Local $DSAsubtree
    For $trow = 1 To (UBound($aResult) - 1) Step 1 ; loops to get the average time of the tickets in queues
        $row = $row + 1
        $time = $aResult[$row][3]
        $Difftime = _DateDiff('D', StringStripWS($date, 2) & " " & StringStripWS($time, 2), _NowCalc())
        $tdiff = $Difftime + $tdiff

Next
    $Avgtime = $tdiff / UBound($aResult) ;creates the average time using math
    $DSAsubtree = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($Assignee & '  |  ' & $MCnum & " Tickets" & '  |  ' & StringMid($Avgtime, 1, 5) & ' Days  ', $DSAtree) ;displays the results in the window

$row = 0
    For $trow = 1 To (UBound($aResult) - 1) Step 1 ; loops to get the average time of the tickets in queues
        $row = $row + 1
        $ticketid = $aResult[$row][4]
        $Priority = $aResult[$row][5]
        $callstatus = $aResult[$row][6]
        $sla = _DateDiff("h", StringStripWS($date, 2), _NowCalcDate())
        If $Priority = 2 And $sla > 12 And $callstatus = "open" Then
            GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF9933)

$suck = $suck + 1
            $total = $total + 1
        ElseIf $Priority = 1 And $sla > 4 And $callstatus = "open" Then
            GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF7777)

$suck = $suck + 1
            $total = $total + 1
        ElseIf $Priority = 3 And $sla > 72 And $callstatus = "open" Then
            GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFF33)

$suck = $suck + 1
            $total = $total + 1
        ElseIf $Priority = 4 And $sla > 336 And $callstatus = "open" Then
            $DSASubitem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($ticketid & '-Priority ' & $Priority & '-Date ' & $date, $DSAsubtree)
            GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x78724d)

$suck = $suck + 1
            $total = $total + 1
        Else

$total = $total + 1
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_DSAtickets
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

$vQuery is set to global. $sqlCon, $DSN, and $hConHandle are all global as well. When you wrote:

I'm sorry I was wrong
after the function
uses the
As I wrote the previous post was a little too tired

Can you elaborate a bit more. Not sure if some of the things you were typing got left out.

sorry

I change my previous post

Signature beginning:

Spoiler