How I can get all text in Window Info Summary or Visible Text tab

Go to solution Solved by Curious52,

I am able to get info. of most GUI info. of all kind of applications. However, there is some GUI which I can't get any text of some area (*) by all my known-methods "ControlGetText", "WinGetText" and "GUICtrlRead"

- However when I use the Window Finder Tool to drop inside those area (*), then I can see their info. in the Summary or Visible Text Tab ... the problem is I don't know how to get those info.

Anyone can help? :sweating: 

Hi EKY32,

Since we have a long weekend and I don't have the PC with me, so I only verify your suggestion this morning:

The WinGetClassList only show the classes from a window, it doesn't show any of the contents from the text area which I would like to read by AutoIt (please see the attached image)

- As you see the Window Info (Summary) can read and show all contents including in the Red circle area and even Window Info (Visible Text) can read and show only the Red Rectangular area

Any suggestion? :sweating:

post-76616-0-98829600-1378214979_thumb.j

- First of all it is ControlGetText("GenericPDS", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:" & $x & "]") ... not "[CLASS:Static; INSTANCE:"

- Secondly it only shows all label's instance (ie: Command Response) ... but not their contents

- Sorry I can't send you the GenericPDS since it is the special application of our company & it will install in a specific folder with our legal authorization

*) However I will try with other standard to see it will show the contents which Window Info Summary showing o:)

- First of all it is ControlGetText("GenericPDS", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:" & $x & "]") ... not "[CLASS:Static; INSTANCE:"

Well, it's not a button you want to get the text from, it is a label and that's why it appears in the "visible text" section.

please give me sometime I might get back here.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

I meant how we use Autoit script to get Window Info Summary or Visible Text (the other commands only show contens of "[CLASS: xxxxx ; INSTANCE: xxxxx] ... not the Summary which can show other info while other commands can't!

What do you need exactly?

To solve this question? or just to get the text from the circled control in the attached photo?

anyway. i'll try.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

Ahhh, try this:

Local $text = WinGetClassList("GenericPDS", "")
Local $array = StringSplit($text, @LF, 1)

For $i = 1 To $array[0]
    $text = ControlGetText("GenericPDS", "", "[CLASS:" & $array[$i] & "; INSTANCE:" & $i & "]")
    If Not $text = "" Then MsgBox(0, "Instance: " & $i, $text)
Next

it will return all the data in all the visible controls, tell us the result please?

Hum, it still shows nothing

nothing?! for all the controls it returned nothing or only for the control you want the text of?

Edited by EKY32