Multiple Setup Installs with autoit coding

Thank you MHz I am still working on it and trying to learn more about autoit, have again watched a couple or tutorials and again am still stuck, I think i have created a working script now. I started all over with the whole project and as such filenames have been changed. they actually read the filename instead of just 1 or 2 or 3 and so on. I dont know how to post it on here like you did in the above so any help there would be great then i can post and you can see if what i created looks ok.  I am now tring to learn and waiting from brother to help me turn it from script into a .exe file so my autorun.inf file will run this which will run my programs

Thanks in Advance

clo312

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[AutoIt]
RunWait ("Firefox.Exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("Adobereader.exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("Adobeflashplayer.exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("Java.exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("GomePlayer.exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("Utorrent.exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("Kodaksoftware.exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("Glaryutilities.exe")
sleep(3000)
RunWait ("Printprojects.exe")
sleep(3000)
If @OSType = 'x86' Then
   RunWait ("WinRAR32bit.exe"); 32bit
sleep(3000)
Else
   RunWait ("WinRAR64bit.exe"); 64bit
EndIf

Exit
[/AutoIt]

This is the code I got right now and not sure if I got it right and also dont know how to post it in here the right way as now I have lost abunch of text  I has typed before I go this pasted. Please help I have used the tags I think the way was told to in another post as you can see but this is what i get

Also will post my Autorun file as I think there is a problem somewhere it wont autorun the cd it just gives me the option to open the folder to view ots contents when the cd is inserted

[autoit]
[autorun]
Open=CHrisInstall2.exe
icon=CHrisInstall2.exe
[/autoit]

this is my autorun.inf file minus the tags of course and cant figure out why the cd is not autoruning is it in my autorun file or my autoit file please advise

thanks in advance

clo312

• Moderators

clo312,

They were merged with this thread - look on the first page. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi and thanks for the response I will definately check to make sure there are no spaces in the filenames and do away with the sleeps But I am still having a bigger problem and that is the cd is not autorunning. I had it working and now i have done something and it wont auto run all it does is bring up the box asking if i want to open the contents of the folder which is not what i want. i would like it to jump right in and start the installation process like it does if you buy a piece of software from the store. any help there? would be appreciated

thanks in advance

clo312

Hi, thank you again for the reply I have tried to look at it and this is what i can find, that is autoplay features and in that it has a list of what to do depending on what media is inserted and for software i have the install option marked. i dont know how to tripple check this option as i just tried and nothing comes up when i click on autoplay at the top of the screen in my comoputer when the drive is selected

any ideas

thanks in advance

clo312

I see the latest code as being correct except for the #RequireAdmin is missing from the top of the script. The autorun.inf looks correct. Everything is set for current directory so everything needs to be in the root of the CD. A reboot of the Operating System may fix the autoplay issue that you may be experiencing. You can just click on CHrisInstall2.exe if needed to begin the task. You can click on the icon in the systray to exit the script if needed.

So is it ready to test for problems or do you have some other concerns? :think:

Thank you so much for your response I find it to be helpful in the sense I will try the reboot to see if that fixes the autoplay option and try it again. what i would like to happen if possible is when the cd is inserted it just jumps into the Chrisinstall.exe as such would install the programs listed there, right now till i do the reboot to see if that fixes the problem it just gives me an option to view the contents of the cd, i will post here in a few minutes to let you know how it goes. thanks for helping and look forward to have good results.

Thanks in advance

clo312

Hello I have not been able to try a restart yet on this computer as I am affraid I wont get back in here. I have left this forum open the last 4 days while I have been worklng on this all because I dont know how to get back to here and so I am going to run this cd i made with the code and the autorun file on it, on my laptop and see what happens. I will then post back and hopefully then can close and see if restart fixed the autorun issue.

Thanks in Advance

does anyone think it might not be autostarting because i am using a dvdrw disc so i can rewrite to it, instead of wasting disc and having to throw away because it does not work, might that be an issue cause it is the same on the laptop to, no autorun

Your login information to the forums is stored in cookies that your web browser handles. The default is auto login. So long as your browser is set to keep cookies then it may be fine to close the browser and shutdown the PC. It is usually a good idea to use an program to store passwords such as Keepass.

You should be able to test this in a folder on the harddrive. Of course the autorun.inf will not work from the harddrive but you can be concerned about that when you are satisfied with the result and then decide to burn it to CD. Autoplay can be a variable issue as the concept has changed between OSes and such. You can search the internet for some answers to help with that issue.

If you wanted, you could put the installers in a subfolder so that your CHrisinstall2.exe is the only executable in the root so it is easy to find and run if autoplay is disabled for some unknown reason. The paths in RunWait would need to be adjusted to allow for the subfolder or use FileChangeDir to change the working directory.

Edit:

Added last line

Edited by MHz

Harrahh!!!!! Almost got it right finally. Other then the autorun issue which might be at this point the type of disc i am using(HOPEFULLY) the program runs as it should with only 1 major glitch and a small issue, The major glitch I got was a msgbox popped up and said "I Have Some Issues Starting Up Please Launch Me Again" That happened for Glary utilities and also java and the adobes(both of them) started all at once. Any suggestions to fix that and I think you all have helped me.here and just glad to see that it is working mostly. also Here is my autorun file again just so someone can double check it again cause i did find one error in the caps where it read CHrisInstall2 and changed it to read ChrisInstall2 so here it is in the next post

Thanks Again In Advance

clo312

Text case has never been a concern for autorun.inf files for me. They are just an ini file format is which are case insensitive. I doubt case is an issue in an autorun.inf file. Note your Open verb and your icon verb are not the same case. It should still work. I am not sure if the inf file can be UTF8 or other so try to keep to ANSI file type for your task which may be default.

You seem to doing fine. If the installers are erroring from running from the harddrive then perhaps they are corrupt. Make sure you make use of the #RequireAdmin directive else the installers may not be able to install correct and thus may produce an error.

Ok thanks for your post back about the .inf files, I see your point about the cases though. and also just to let you know I did a restart and to know avail so I am at this point guessing it is because it is a rewritable disc which may be has to be finalized before allowing autorun to work????? and the next point you make is the #RequireAdmin, for me to use that I would just add it to my coding like this

#RequireAdmin

Runwait (continue with the script is that right.)

Also I will check that file right now to see if it is corrupt.

Thanks for all you help

Thanks in Advance

clo312