A way past frames in IE?

uncommon

I know some have posted about this before but.... Is there any work around to do cross-frame scripting in IE. I know it's a security feature in IE. I just find it hard to believe its not possible.
I am sure there is some kind of JavaScript or jquery alternative?

Specifically I am trying to use autoitscripts within frame(s), or at a minimum, read the full source of few webpages past where I have to login. Its a high security site and only IE is the only browser allowed to login. Here is an example of the tag.

<IFRAME id=appContent class=classApplicationContent style="HEIGHT: 383px; LEFT: 241px; TOP: 67px; WIDTH: 1107px" src="controller.aspx?" frameBorder=0 name=appContentFrame>
        </IFRAME>

No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.Voltaire

_Array2HTMLTable()_IEClassNameGetCollection()_IEquerySelectorAll()

hi uncommon

You have to try to open the iframe content in a new ie window and manage the content in this new its own instance.

bye

Edited by Pincopanco

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Anyone? I have also tried turning off all my securty settings in IE as well as going into internet options and allowing cross-frame scripting for everything.

I also tryed tin insert the application="yes" into the frame trying to make IE treat the frame as a HTA.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly a month later...

I finialy found a solution that works for me in all the frames I tried. This get a scriptable object (by id) for me to use in the IE UDF. Note that I went though 2 frames.

Also note that _iegetobjectbyid() does not seem to work here for grabing $oDoc in the example. But the IE.au3 UDF seems to work fine once I have the object inside the last frame.

$oDoc = $oIE.document.frames("TopWindow").frames("TransactionWindow").document;
$oElem = $oDoc.getElementById("Idoftagobject");

Try it out if you please! I would like to know if someone found scenarios where it does not work. :gathering:

PS I am using IE 10 in compatablity mode in a windows 7 system.

Edited by uncommon