autostart multiple msn messengers

Hey i was working on a small program wich loads msn messenger automaticly and signs in with multiple accounts.

I allready got a working version on some other script system but its a bit lowsy script language. So I want to make it in autoit.

But I also want to improve it a bit the currect version:

-first set the username setting in the registry

-then it sends a complete coded password script in hex to the registry

-then runs msn messenger (ok it need to be patched to be able to run it more then ones)

-by setting these regkeys msn messenger auto connects wich saves a lot of typing by the script (wich the previous version did, it clicked sign in and typed the passwords en user)

-after that it goes to run the next messengers.

But there is something bad I use the fully encrypted password wich I saved using the export function of regedit. What I want is be able to set any password in the registry and that I donot have to save it first by hand.

The fact If you run msn messenger and select save password it stores it encrypted thats why I could save it later on.

What I am looking for it a way to encrypt a password so that msn messenger can autosign in (several times) after setting the registry keys before running each instant of msn messenger.

I could post the old script in the bad language but it has nothing to do with autoit scripts. And its limited and slot thats why I want to rewrite it in autoit and be able to compile it.

The perfect thing would be a way to encrypt a password so messenger will be able to autosign in with it.

After finding out how I can make it more userfriendly with things like adding accounts and saving password etc.

I hope someone knows how to encrypt this If not I must use handwork:S or send it by using send and typing everything (wich is much slower)

PS I used macro scheduler to make the old program wich sucks a bit

I also found that it stored my password in a hex with 164 bytes long wich is much longer then the actual password. Maybe its more difficult to encode it to that:S

Edited by MrSpacely

The password encryption sounds scary to me -- you may be better off initially typing the password into MSN, grabbing the stored data from the registry and then saving that to an INI file of some sort:

[Users]
mynick@hotmail.com=193B46D923EBC92386A9F793ABD9347639DBE347348

I doubt that the passwords would be changing enough for this to be a usability concern. I think that your only option to do it programmatically would involve actually Send()ing the password to MSN and then adding the resultant data to the INI from the registry. It's not the cleanest solution but it wouldn't need to be done too often anyway.

The password encryption sounds scary to me -- you may be better off initially typing the password into MSN, grabbing the stored data from the registry and then saving that to an INI file of some sort:

[Users]
mynick@hotmail.com=193B46D923EBC92386A9F793ABD9347639DBE347348

I doubt that the passwords would be changing enough for this to be a usability concern. I think that your only option to do it programmatically would involve actually Send()ing the password to MSN and then adding the resultant data to the INI from the registry. It's not the cleanest solution but it wouldn't need to be done too often anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it sounds scary;) But you gave me a good idea thanks.

You gave me this idea a program running before msn you start msn logon but when the window opens my programs ask if you want to save the profile. It sets the selection box and presses logon and then it saves the password key. after that you can select this profile for logging on with multiple instances.

Thanks you gave me good idea to work arround getting the key coding and still having good functionality