Lock Screen

needelsjg

I'm trying to lock the screen at the end of the script, but I can't get the (LWIN or RWIN) and the L to work at the same time.

I've tried:

Send, {LWIN} L

Send, {LWIN L}

Send, {{LWIN} L}

Send, {LWINDOWN}

Send, L

Send, {LWINUP}

I've tried it in v3 also but cant get it to work. How would you do it?

Oops, this is the v2 support forum! :">

I don't use AutoIt v2, but I can tell you that in v3 the correct code would be:

send("#l")

I don't think that v2 has the ability to send Win+ shortcuts (in the same fashion as Ctrl+ etc.) but I could be wrong.

Windows may not allow emulation of this key (I know it doesn't allow emulation of Ctrl+Alt+Del and some others). In such a case, looking at the MSDN reference, if you upgrade to AutoIt v3 beta you would the ability to make Windows system calls. I can't test this here but perhaps something like this would work (in v3):

dllCall("user32.dll", "none", "LockWorkstation")

Because the key combination you are trying to send uses the Windows key as a modifier. Just like you can't save a document by pressing/releasing Ctrl and then pressing/releasing S, you cannot ask Windows to lock the computer by pressing/releasing Win and then pressing/releasing L.

your l is capitalised (L)

in the first script. make it small and it should work.

Send, {LWINDOWN}
Send, l
Send, {LWINUP}

but i suggest using v3 since it is more powerfull.

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

dllCall("user32.dll", "none", "LockWorkstation")
just incase anyone searches for this later and cant get this to work. the s in WorkStation is capitalized.

so it would be...

dllCall("user32.dll", "none", "LockWorkStation")
Edited by Bi0haZarD