Filtering "Save as" file types in Photoshop

dom3787

Hello all, I'm a long-time AutoIt user, usually I'm trying to manage things myself, using Google if needed. But today I could use some help from more advanced coders than me. I'll expose you what I'm trying to achieve, hoping for some advices.

I'm not only a coder, one of the software I'm using the most is Photoshop. If anyone used it once or twice, he/she can remember the huge amount of file types in the listbox when using "Save as" command. That's utterly annoying ! Since almost no one will ever use TGA, Pixar, PCX, JPEG2000, and any other fancy formats. In the past, you could just remove/rename a 8bf file in PS directories corresponding to those. Nowadays, most of those formats are inside a single file, case closed, can't do that or we'll remove every file type!

There's a little tool on the net (FormatsCustomizer) (full of adwares..beware) which does it on the fly. So you can only keep JPG, PSD, and BMP for instance, and trust me it saves a lot of time when you have to do this dozens of times in an hour. The drawback ? it's for 32-bit version.

So I thought I might be able to code a little script to do that, but where to start from? Anyone has ideas on how to filter out the "Format" listbox of the "Save as" Dialog (here in Photoshop but it can be generic..) ?

Thanks for any clue!

Hi and thanks. _GUIListView would need a handle to the control. When opening the save as dialog and using AutoIt Window info tool, you can get almost every control Class / Instance with the Finder Tool but when you hover your mouse over the "file types" drop-down list, nothing shows (bad luck I admit)

Edited by dom3787

Hi and thanks. _GUIListView would need a handle to the control. When opening the save as dialog and using AutoIt Window info tool, you can get almost every control Class / Instance with the Finder Tool but when you hover your mouse over the "file types" listbox, nothing shows (bad luck I admit)

hm. Unfortunalty I can't help you until this weekend, I hope someone else will.

Br, FireFox.