Windows installer service wont start when running setup via script

am632

Hi,

I have a script which is the following...

Func _Begin_Install()
    GUICtrlSetState($Button_Install, $GUI_DISABLE)
    RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\setup.exe")
    GUICtrlSetState($Button_Install, $GUI_ENABLE)
EndFunc

Basically the setup will start to run but then I get the error message "The windows installer service could not be accessed"

The setup works if I run it manually (not through my script)

Also I have tried adding #RequireAdmin to the top of my script with no difference.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi, am632. You mention that it works manually, but not what "manually" entails. Can you tell us what happens when you run it from:

• Double-clicking Setup.exe
  • Typing <path>Setup.exe into the Run line
  • Typing <path?Setup.exe into a command line window

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I have no internet at home at the moment which is why I didnt reply right away.

Firstly, by manually I mean if I double click the setup.exe in windows explorer the setup installs the program witholut any problems.

I also tried your suggestion (Morthawt) and used 'ShellExecuteWait' instead but still got the same problem.

Thanks for the replies

• Moderators

How about the other suggestions, such as running it from the Run line or Command Line window?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi,

I realised it works ok on windows XP but not 7, I fixed it though. I simply uninstalled autoit and reinstalled from the website and now it works, maby there is a bug in the version I was using (was the same version on both my machines)