Sign in to follow this  
Colyn1337

Help with RegRead Results

This code loads the result of a regread into a variable and then parses the result:

$RegResult = RegRead($HKLM & "\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters", "AutoShareWks")
    Select
        Case $RegResult = ""
            $RegWriteResult = RegWrite($HKLM & "\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters", "AutoShareWks", "REG_DWORD", "0")
            TrayTip("Registry Read", "AutoShareWks Reg key not found and was created. The read result was: " & $RegResult & " " & @error & _
                    ".  The write result was: " & $RegWriteResult & " " & @error, 5)
        Case $RegResult = "0" ; 0 indicates sharing is off
            TrayTip("Registry Read", "Auto Drive Sharing is currently DISABLED.", 5)
        Case $RegResult = "1" ; 1 indicates sharing is on
            TrayTip("Registry Read", "Auto Drive Sharing is currently ENABLED", 5)
    EndSelect

The problem is that the value of AutoShareWks is boolean and either 1 or 0.  The documentation for regread states that if failure of the regread, "" is returned.  However it seems to also interpret 0 as "" and trigger a false failure.  Even @error has the same issue.  If the reading value is 0, @error will trigger.

So, how can I get around this false failure trigger?

EDIT:

I figured out a work around like this:

$RegResult = RegRead($HKLM & "\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters", "AutoShareWks")
    Select
            TrayTip("Registry Read", "Auto Drive Sharing is currently ENABLED.", 5)
        Case Else ; Default Actions
            TrayTip("Registry Read", "AutoShareWks value not present in registry.  Auto Drive Sharing is currently ENABLED.", 5)
    EndSelect

However, still.......  Why is the error process not catching it correctly?

Edited by Colyn1337

This code loads the result of a regread into a variable and then parses the result:

Select
        Case $RegResult = ""
            $RegWriteResult = RegWrite($HKLM & "\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters", "AutoShareWks", "REG_DWORD", "0")
            TrayTip("Registry Read", "AutoShareWks Reg key not found and was created. The read result was: " & $RegResult & " " & @error & _
                    ".  The write result was: " & $RegWriteResult & " " & @error, 5)
    EndSelect

The problem is that the value of AutoShareWks is boolean and either 1 or 0.  The documentation for regread states that if failure of the regread, "" is returned.  However it seems to also interpret 0 as "" and trigger a false failure.  Even @error has the same issue.  If the reading value is 0, @error will trigger.

So, how can I get around this false failure trigger?

You are trying to compare a Number and a String in your Case statements so you have two solutions (maybe more ;-)):

Compare numbers (remove ""):

Case $RegResult = 0 ; 0 indicates sharing is off
Case $RegResult = 1 ; 1 indicates sharing is on

Compare strings (use == instead of =):

Case $RegResult == "0" ; 0 indicates sharing is off
Case $RegResult == "1" ; 1 indicates sharing is on

Take a look to Language Reference - Operators

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

sahsanu

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Colduction
      Hi guys!, i have a problem to convert Python code to AutoIt code, in fact i had not coded with Python yet!, this code is about permutation a string's case, i will be happy with your comments :)❤;

Python code:

# Python code to print all permutations # with respect to cases # Function to generate permutations def permute(inp): n = len(inp) # Number of permutations is 2^n mx = 1 << n # Converting string to lower case inp = inp.lower() # Using all subsequences and permuting them for i in range(mx): # If j-th bit is set, we convert it to upper case combination = [k for k in inp] for j in range(n): if (((i >> j) & 1) == 1): combination[j] = inp[j].upper() temp = "" # Printing current combination for i in combination: temp += i print(temp), # Driver code permute("Hello") # This code is contributed by Sachin Bisht
      My code in AutoIt:
      ; https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/permute-string-changing-case/ _PermuteCase("ABC") Func _PermuteCase($sText) If StringRegExp($sText, "^[A-Za-z]{1,}$") Then Local $iLength = StringLen($sText) ; Get length of the text. Local $iMaxPerm = 2 ^ $iLength ; Number of permutations is 2^n Local $sLow_Text = StringLower($sText) ; Converting string to lower case Local $asChrs = StringToASCIIArray($sLow_Text) ; Split the text into array of chars. For $i = 1 To $iMaxPerm Step 1 For $j = 0 To $asChrs[0] ;................................................... Next Next Else Return SetError(-1, 0, "Error: Input is incorrect!") EndIf EndFunc ;==>_PermuteCase  

====================== SOLUTION by @TheXman ======================

• By joseLB
      Hi
      This piece of code creates and reads OK a key at  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and can be changed for a key at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
      $sta= RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor", "wav", "REG_SZ", "5555") MsgBox(4096,"wrote", $sta &@cr& @error) $zz= RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor", "wav") MsgBox(4096,"readed","="&$zz &@cr& @error) Exit With  HKEY_CURRENT_USER, in RegEdit we can see the created key, and we can create the key by hand/RegEdit and everything Works OK.
      At  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE we can´t see the created key above  thru RegEdit, but it Works (even not seeing, I can read). But  if I create "by hand"/RegEdit  the key,  it can´t read it with   $zz= RegRead  ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.... above.
      I´m the PC´s WIN.7 administrator. Even so I ran RegEdit as administrator and also the compiled AU3 and also plain. No changes.
      edit: even if Try   "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AAA", "wav", the same holds true.
      $sta= RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AAA", "wav", "REG_SZ", "4444") MsgBox(4096,"wrote", $sta &@cr& @error) $zz= RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AAA", "wav") MsgBox(4096,"readed","="&$zz &@cr& @error) Exit Seems that it creates this key at another place.... I can read the above value ("4444"), even after a boot, even the key not showing in regedit. And if I create it by hand key AAA/wav with a distinct value (666), t, it continues Reading the old value = 444.
      Thanks
      Jose

• By junichironakashima
      I have a windows 10 pc and Im trying to create an automatic solving in calculator with a simple worded question (example: What is 45 x 53 ?). thou I cant make the select...Case...EndSelect statement work, here is my code
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> HotKeySet("{F4}", "ExitProg") Func ExitProg() Exit 0 EndFunc MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 417, 659, 2, 1) Send("^c") Func valData() $Chek = "What " If ClipGet() == $Chek Then Check() Else Do MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 417, 659, 2, 3) Send("^c") Sleep(500) Until ClipGet() == $Chek EndIf EndFunc Func Check() $Chek2 = "?" c1() c2() c3() c4() c5() c6() c7() Select Case c1() = $Chek2 ;two MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 453, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("^v") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 474, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("*") Send("^v") Send("{NUMPADENTER}") Case c2() = $Chek2 ;three MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 453, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("^v") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 482, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("*") Send("^v") Send("{NUMPADENTER}") Case c3() = $Chek2 ;four MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 453, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("^v") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 487, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("*") Send("^v") Send("{NUMPADENTER}") Case c4() = $Chek2 ;five MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 453, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("^v") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 495, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("*") Send("^v") Send("{NUMPADENTER}") Case c5() = $Chek2 ;six MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 453, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("^v") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 495, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("*") Send("^v") Send("{NUMPADENTER}") Case c6() = $Chek2 ;seven MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 453, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("^v") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 509, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("*") Send("^v") Send("{NUMPADENTER}") Case c7() = $Chek2 ;eight MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 453, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("^v") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 509, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") Sleep(150) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1347, 197, 1, 1) Send("*") Send("^v") Send("{NUMPADENTER}") Case Else Exit EndSelect EndFunc Func c1() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 485, 643, 2, 1) Send("^c") EndFunc Func c2() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 493, 644, 2, 1) Send("^c") EndFunc Func c3() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 498, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") EndFunc Func c4() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 508, 647, 2, 1) Send("^c") EndFunc Func c5() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 514, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") EndFunc Func c6() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 523, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") EndFunc Func c7() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 530, 645, 2, 1) Send("^c") EndFunc valData() MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 1349, 196, 1, 1) ;clicking the answer in calc Send("^c") Send("{DEL}") MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 499, 706, 1, 1) Send("^v") Exit  
    • By GeorgeB
      I'm writing a little applet that basically tells you when Windows was installed.  There is a REG_DWORD in Windows that gives you this. It's basically a value that is the # of seconds from 1970.
      The location is:  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate"
      So if I run this in AutoIT, I should get the value displayed within the msgbox:
      MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "InstallDate Test", RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "InstallDate"))
      However, what happens is it always returns a value of "0"  I tried this on several machines (Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10). 
      Am I missing something?  If I manually view this REG_DWORD with RegEdit, it shows me the HEX value, or I can view the Decimal value. I don't care which value AutoIT reads, as I can always convert back and forth, but I just don't see why it can't read a value from this REG_DWORD.  As a test, I've read other REG_DWORD values, and with most it doesn't return any value, not even a 0.
      Please, even if you guys have some other (perhaps better) way to read the Windows install date, I would still like to find a resolution to this problem, because I want to understand why I am having so much difficulty with reading REG_DWORD values from the Windows Registry with AutoIT.
      Thanks for any help!

• By timmy2
      I want to determine if AutoLogon is enabled on a Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) system. It's my understanding that the following registry key will exist and equal 1 if autologon is enabled, or equal 0 if disabled. 
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon So l looked up RegRead in AutoIt's help file and tested the example.
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $sVar = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion", "ProgramFilesDir") MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Program files are in:", $sVar) The resulting message box says:  C:\Program Files (x86)
      Regedit says the value in ProgramFilesDir is C:\Program Files. "C:\Program Files (x86)" is in a nearby key "ProgramFilesDir(x86)", which makes sense.
      I ignored this anomaly and tried RegRead in my own script:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $isEnabled = RegRead("Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "AutoAdminLogon") If $isEnabled = 1 then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Autologon enabled.") Else MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Autologon disabled.") EndIf My punishment for ignoring the problem with the Help file example is that regardless of whether the AutoAdminLogon key equals 0 or 1 in reality, my script's $isEnabled variable returns 0.
      Despite the problem with the RegRead example I still figure I'm at fault, but I would appreciate someone pointing out my mistake, please.