Chrome UDF

seangriffin

As you can see I am also interested.

I'll keep our fingers crossed.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Never thought of that, Duh.

I installedpython275.

Anyway, example does not work for me.

Opens chrome navigates to test page but fills no fields and waits on line 106 of chrome.au3.

While TimerDiff($begin) < ($timeout * 1000)

If FileExists($chrome_native_messaging_host_dir & "\output.txt") then ExitLoop
     sleep(100); here 
WEnd

And timeout does not appear to occur.

Win 7 32

Chrome version 29.0.1547.66

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Is the .exe and .crx created by yourself seangriffin?

Hi JohnOne,

Yes I created both specifically for AutoIT.  I wrote them over the past couple of days.  It's been a rush, and it's still rough around the edges, but I'll do what I can to fix up any problems.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

Probably because the installer doesn't have permission to write to the system directory. Running as admin should fix it.

That said, the system directory is not the right place to be putting a dll dependency. That's just a little bit silly.

It is silly, and it's the best I can do for the time being.  The "AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host" is a Python program compiled into a Windows 32-bit executable.  When I deployed it onto a fresh computer I noticed it still required "python27.dll".  The quick fix was to include "python27.dll" in the installer and write it to the WindowsSystem32 folder.  Works fine in Windows XP, but I see now that under Windows 7 it needs extra priviledges.  I need to find out how to resolve that "python27.dll" dependency.  I am new to Python (by the way).

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

Never thought of that, Duh.

I installedpython275.

Anyway, example does not work for me.

Opens chrome navigates to test page but fills no fields and waits on line 106 of chrome.au3.

While TimerDiff($begin) < ($timeout * 1000)

If FileExists($chrome_native_messaging_host_dir & "\output.txt") then ExitLoop
     sleep(100); here 
WEnd

And timeout does not appear to occur.

Win 7 32

Chrome version 29.0.1547.66

Interesting that the timeout doesn't occur.  I wonder if this is another Windows 7 security issue.  I have a Windows 7 32-bit machine here but haven't tested on it.

Could you try running that block of code above in a separate AutoIT script?  It's a simple loop that checks for the existence of "C:Program FilesAutoIt3Chrome Native Messaging Hostoutput.txt", and if not found exits (ExitLoop).  If that is an endless loop under Windows 7 then something strange is going on.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

I have updated the UDF to v0.2 now, with a few more functions and a new example (EXAMPLE #2).

Please try EXAMPLE #2, which is far simpler than EXAMPLE #1 which has the complexities of page load completion under Chrome.  I've run EXAMPLE #2 over and over repeatedly on my Windows XP machine and it hasn't failed.

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

Interesting that the timeout doesn't occur.  I wonder if this is another Windows 7 security issue.  I have a Windows 7 32-bit machine here but haven't tested on it.

Could you try running that block of code above in a separate AutoIT script?  It's a simple loop that checks for the existence of "C:Program FilesAutoIt3Chrome Native Messaging Hostoutput.txt", and if not found exits (ExitLoop).  If that is an endless loop under Windows 7 then something strange is going on.

Loop does not exit

File does not exist

only

autoit-chrome-native-messaging-host.exe

manifest.json

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

It is silly, and it's the best I can do for the time being.  The "AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host" is a Python program compiled into a Windows 32-bit executable.  When I deployed it onto a fresh computer I noticed it still required "python27.dll".  The quick fix was to include "python27.dll" in the installer and write it to the WindowsSystem32 folder.  Works fine in Windows XP, but I see now that under Windows 7 it needs extra priviledges.  I need to find out how to resolve that "python27.dll" dependency.  I am new to Python (by the way).

Putting it in the same directory as the program is the way you would normally do it with required dlls. Not sure how you are doing the install as I haven't had a chance to test your UDF yet.

I really messed that up didn't I  :

Big apologies to anyone who already tried installing this.

I've made some major fixes now, and updated the top post with new links in the INSTALLATION section.

I've resolved many many issues including:

• the python27.dll file (it's now completely embedded inside the AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host)
  • Windows 7 32-bit is now fixed (I now correctly use the roaming application data folder for the AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host)
  • freeing up the AutoIT Chrome Native Messaging Host when Chrome is closed (to free up CPU and memory)

Windows 7 64-bit is still not working, but will be fixed very soon.

JohnOne and Mat, could you please re-test?  Firstly, remove the existing Chrome extension by opening Chrome, right-click on the jigsaw icon in the top right corner named "AutoIT for Google Chrome" and select "Remove from Chrome".  Then perform the 3 steps in the INSTALLATION section again, as the links have changed.  Let me know how you go.

Cheers guys,

Sean.

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

Windows 7 64-bit is now supported.

I've tested the UDF with Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.  They all work as expected.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by seangriffin

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

• 2 weeks later...

Before I try this again, can you tell me what registry keys have been added or modified which causes the process to run at startup.

And any other keys please?

A total of one key is written to the registry.

It's location is HKLMSoftwareGoogleChromeNativeMessagingHostscom.sean.consoleread(Default).

It's value is %APPDATA%AutoIt3Chrome Native Messaging Hostmanifest.json.

This key is a prerequisite of Chrome for a Native Messaging Host.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

See my other Tools:

I don't know what I've done to balls all this up, but it still is not working for me.

I redownloaded and installed native messaging host, still just navigates to the page and does nothing