Screen resolution

THORNSTA

hi all I am new to the code but I have a good understanding of visual basic I am making a program to react to pixel colour and position tho when writing the code to adjust to screen resolution and move the check pixel colour as needed I had to pause with the thought a program  that is so good for this sort of use is there another that has already typed such code if so may I have it

P.S I don't mean to appear lazy but If another has already done the work I se no reason for me to do it

Welcome!

I suggest you do a search of the Examples section (and here in Help), as this is something that comes up often.

Should be plenty to get you started at the very least, and we'll help if you get stuck anywhere.

Or you could wait for someone else to reply ... I know what I'd do (see above).

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Welcome!

I suggest you do a search of the Examples section (and here in Help), as this is something that comes up often.

Should be plenty to get you started at the very least, and we'll help if you get stuck anywhere.

Or you could wait for someone else to reply ... I know what I'd do (see above).

it was helpful but still did not get the data I was after perhaps I will post after I have made it thank you for your time 

yes this is more directly what I was aiming at but please excuse my ignorance with varying screen resolutions and the need for programs to adjust, With such reusable code isn't there a include I could use?

I.E programmers resolution was 1600x1200

users resolution is 800x600

pixel target location = x-800 y-600

# include "SCREENRES.AU3"

to me if it saves time ill all for it or dose that kind of thing seam petty to most programmers?

If you're asking if there is a standard include then no.

To me it's up to the coder to do such a thing, I doubt many people would use it, and even then very rarely.

Game bots, and apps that do not want to be automated is all I can see for it's use.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• 2 months later...

I managed to download a UDF called "Screen Resolution.au3" that someone wrote a while back that worked great but can't seem to locate it.  I don't have access to the computer that I used that script on anymore, but if someone knows where that is located would it be possible to point me to it??

Thanks