Signature Pad

kudrow

I'm presuming by signature pad, that you are requiring interaction with such a hardware device?

It helps if you provide greater detail than you have ... clearer explanation and link/s.

We shouldn't have to do research for you.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

I didn't ask you to do research. Surely you have seen an ipad, iphone, all-in-one touch screen PC or any other touch device that have ways to sign. There are tons of web based "places to sign your name" when accessing it with a touchscreen device. This gui will simply take advantage of the touchscreen on an all-in-one PC. I just need an area of the gui that allows for pen input and then captures it. Still need more explaining?

Here is an example of a web based signature pad. http://thomasjbradley.ca/lab/signature-pad/accept/

That's much better.

No, I'm not that familiar with them.

In fact, the only signature type pad I've come across, is the one I sometimes sign for the postal delivery man ... not connected to any PC.

As for research, that always happens here, especially when something is not dead clear.

You first statement sounded more like you wanted to purchase one or it might be software.

I took a guess at what you really meant, then backed that up with a quick Google search.

When one is asking a question of others, especially volunteers like us, it's best (more helpful and encouraging) to give as much detail as is reasonable.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

There are a post or two on Barcode Scanners and similar here. They may help in some way.

Spoiler

userbar.png

wouldn't the input device be the mouse pointer just changed to whatever graphic desired (a dot or so) and so then you could just simply (understated immensely) draw at the coords of the mouse pointer. Maybe have it set up in a way that when the mouse hovers over a graphic in a GUI the script watches for a specific key to be pressed, and whilst that key is pressed it draws at the mouse pointer until the key is released, then either automatically saves/assigns the "signature" to the output file or asks the user if the signature should be used or would they like ro re-sign...

You would need to probably use GDI+, pens or brushes. Would be one hell of a script to write but sounds fun.

Just tossing ideas out there...

EDIT: now that i think about it, if you're using it on a touch screen you could either activate the draw function upon single-click or double

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...