Jon

• Administrators

File Name: AutoIt v3.3.9.21 Beta

File Submitter: Jon

File Submitted: 11 Sep 2013

File Category: Beta

3.3.9.21 (11th September, 2013) (Beta)
AutoIt:
- Added #2443: Monospaced in Fonts appendix.

- Changed: Documentation for StringRegExp() re-written by jchd.
- Changed: Default newline character for PCRE regexes changed to ANYCRLF.

- Fixed #2066: DllStructSetData() returning int64 instead of int32 in some cases.
- Fixed #2427: ControlTreeView() does not used Option2.
- Fixed #2455: Mouse Cursor not changing on resizable GUIs.
- Fixed #2105: RegRead() and DWORD types incorrectly stored as double.
- Fixed #2299: GUI Button Text Left-Justify for colored button.
- Fixed #1954: ListViewItem returns 0 (failure) even though it populates the ListView.
- Fixed #2152: X^2 Not Working in Hex().
- Fixed #1870: @GUI_DRAGFILE.

Click here to download this file

TranceXX, more importantly that introduces a regression on certain values for the exponent.

I suspect the code looks something like if (exp % 1 == 0) { /* Cast return value to int */ }

That gives the wrong result when the exponent is negative, for example 2^-1 should give 0.5 but is being truncated to zero.

Maybe someone should open bug report named "X/2 not working in Hex".

The problem is not Hex(), the problem is not even on the level that Jon tried to fix it. It's below that. Fixing it above that can only produce new bugs.

Bug report that was referenced was, and is, senseless in its essence.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• Moderators

rdr,

As always, there will be a release when Jon thinks it is ready. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I'm not sure why Hex() was ever changed from using only integers to be honest. The few people who know what the output means could easily do it in about 4 lines anyway. 

Jon, The only time the output should be converted to an integer is if: Both operands are integral and the exponent is positive. That's basically what TranceXX is saying here.

Edited by Mat

• Administrators

Hex wasn't touched. The code changed was at the low level and is something JP said he'd verified. The code "looks" right in that it does indeed check for integers but it turns out some code that determines the integer status is also flawed.

I'm not sure why Hex() was ever changed from using only integers to be honest. The few people who know what the output means could easily do it in about 4 lines anyway.

That can be said for half of the built-in functions - 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 lines of script code from people who know. Your argument isn't right.

Hex was "changed" because it didn't do what it was said it should do. Hex(2.1) is not 0002.

Do you understand now?

...What I should have done back then was add new function Hex2() and remove documentation for Hex(). And fight another war.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

That can be said for half of the built-in functions - 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 lines of script code from people who know. Your argument isn't right.

Hex was "changed" because it didn't do what it was said it should do. Hex(2.1) is not 0002.

Do you understand now?

...What I should have done back then was add new function Hex2() and remove documentation for Hex(). And fight another war.

Yes, but the difference is the people that don't know. The built in functions make the language simple.

Why couldn't Hex() say in the docs that it only takes integers as input? Quick docs change and everyone is happy.

Besides, I think Hex(2.1) should return 2.19999...., that's the correct answer.

Yes, but the difference is the people that don't know. The built in functions make the language simple.

Uhm, that's what I said.

Why couldn't Hex() say in the docs that it only takes integers as input? Quick docs change and everyone is happy.

Besides, I think Hex(2.1) should return 2.19999...., that's the correct answer.

Excellent point. Not.

Because that was never the case, because it doesn't make sense, because it can take strings, because of your first sentence, because because because. It was a bug, nothing more.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Hex() can't take strings. It can take integers passed as strings. When last I checked Hex("TEST") doesn't return 0x54455354. Actually wait, that's a bug right?

The Hex() function is now overcomplicated. There is functionality which will never be used, and instead just confuses people. All so it could be "right". 

lol

This actually made me giggle.

Wow.  Passive aggressive much?

You said goodbye to the community on your first post!

Edited by jaberwocky6669