Need to click on a context menu option of an icon in the Notification area.

Amy

Hi, 

I have an application that needs to be launched by clicking on one of the options displayed in the context menu of the icon. The icon is sometimes displayed on the system tray and sometimes notification overflow area. Does anyone has any idea about how to do it?

Tool tip search and matching does not help, as the tool tip for the application keeps on changing.

Thanks!

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum!

What you ask, is quite problematical, as icon position no doubt changes, plus the other you mention.

This means, that using a Mouse movement and click is not really gonna be a solution.

My first port of call, would be to find out the command (i.e. exe) that is run from the menu item in question, if at all possible, and then bypass the whole Icon context menu altogether.

If you are having an issue getting that, then provide more detail here, like the program name this Icon is for, as someone might know it and may already have or know a solution.

Failing that, someone here may know how to get a list of Icons/programs in the System Tray, and have a method for interacting with them.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Thanks for the reply!

Actually I want to automate an application(Its a Antivirus product)  which runs from programs menu and it has various options in the context menu like launching the main web page of the application from its tray icon which needs to be checked. So I need to write a code for using this from tray icon only.

You are making us fish.

What Antivirus product?

And this sure is a clunky approach.

That web page would have a destination address, shown in your browser when you get there.

Much easier to use that for instance.

Why you really need to take this approach, would also be very helpful?

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png