Computer Stats

Rogue5099

Doesn't work under beta.  This is the line where it stops: $_aSystemInfo[$i][18] = $objItem.InitialLoadInfo(0).  Remove the (0) and it will run but I don't know if it will be correct after that.

I have tried capturing usage of both processors but have failed using "typeperf.exe"

Microsoft r TypePerf.exe (6.1.7600.16385)

Typeperf writes performance data to the command window or to a log file.
To stop Typeperf, press CTRL+C.

Usage:
typeperf { <counter [counter ...]> | -cf <filename> | -q [object]
                                | -qx [object] } [options]

Parameters:
  <counter [counter ...]>       Performance counters to monitor.

Options:
  -?                            Displays context sensitive help.
  -f <CSV|TSV|BIN|SQL>          Output file format. Default is CSV.
  -cf <filename>                File containing performance counters to
                                monitor, one per line.
  -si <[[hh:]mm:]ss>            Time between samples. Default is 1 second.
  -o <filename>                 Path of output file or SQL database.
                                Default is STDOUT.
  -q [object]                   List installed counters (no instances).
                                To list counters for one object, include
                                the object name, such as Processor.
  -qx [object]                  List installed counters with instances.
                                To list counters for one object, include
                                the object name, such as Processor.
  -sc <samples>                 Number of samples to collect. Default is
                                to sample until CTRL+C.
  -config <filename>            Settings file containing command options.
  -s <computer_name>            Server to monitor if no server is
                                specified in the counter path.
  -y                            Answer yes to all questions without
                                prompting.

Note:
  Counter is the full name of a performance counter in
  "\\<Computer>\<Object>(<Instance>)\<Counter>" format,
  such as "\\Server1\Processor(0)\% User Time".

Examples:
  typeperf "\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time"
  typeperf -cf counters.txt -si 5 -sc 50 -f TSV -o domain2.tsv
  typeperf -qx PhysicalDisk -o counters.txt

Also using this if this program is kept running for awhile the temp file it creates "cpu.csv" will continue to increase in size.  I could keep checking on file size and stop/delete/restart it.  Instead of going through a work around, if anyone knows a better way to get the cpu usage (including multi-core) please feel free to enlighten me more.

EDIT: I did find >this link that has already done multi processors usage. I'll try and incorporate it into my gui of course agreeing to him crediting his work.

Edited by Rogue5099

You should make it so the program reads all processor core/threads and shows how much they are being used. Based on each core. This would benfit a lot of people with multi-core computers.

Ok i have updated the script to incorporate multi processors. Hope that is better (took awhile to infuse scripts)

the only thing i can see missing is the ability to easily map network drives from the tool

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

You could add the ability to tell people the speed of their ram by the front bus, or their repective PC1, PC2, PC3 speed. Along with this you can show them how many slots they have the max ram supported by their board and how much is installed. An exsample would be liek crucials Memory tool.

You could add the ability to tell people the speed of their ram by the front bus, or their repective PC1, PC2, PC3 speed. Along with this you can show them how many slots they have the max ram supported by their board and how much is installed. An exsample would be liek crucials Memory tool.

I've looked several places and can't find how to get in-depth RAM info.  Best thing I could find would be the information I would like to add is CPU-Z but can't find how it gets all the info. Guess if I need that in-depth info I'' use that program until I can find out how to extract all that information.

• 7 years later...

Hi to all, sorry to resurrect a very old post but I was searching for a tool to (very!) quick have some basic stats about a machine, also in remote.

So I have already initiated some light modification to the original version (adding support for win 10 and relative OS Builds) and my plan is to have also a no gui mode to produce a txt file with some stats to upload to a central server.

So I kindly ask to @Rogue5099 your permission to fork your script.

Cheers,

People post tidbits and full scripts here purposely to share, all the while knowing others will modify their stuff  to meet their own needs. Rogue5099  has not logged in almost 1 year and I doubt this person is coming along anytime soon just to tell you to go ahead do as you please with what they shared here.

If your modifications can help others, then by all means, post your mods to this thread too.

can't you just use msinfo32.exe to generate a report?

Using the Msinfo Command Line Utility - Upgrading Windows Server 2003 (serverbrain.org)

send it cmdline parameters on the command line

you could make a nice gui and use command line msinfo32.exe to get what you want by passing it the correct parameters then read the files parse the data into your gui for display

msinfo32.exe can also connect to networked computers remotely as well

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 4 weeks later...